Why is French champagne celebrated for it's excellence?

Why is French champagne celebrated for it's excellence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

French champagne
As opposed to?

AAAAAAAAH THE FRENCH

>Why is French champagne celebrated for it's excellence?
What else would you celebrate it for? Celebrations happen because we want to honor something for its excellent qualities.

imagine being orson, etc.

good marketing

Personally I'm good with Spanish and Italian wines.

>not drinking California Wines by Paul Masson

A california champagne

>California champagne by Paul Masson
>sparkling wine can only be called "champagne" if it's from the Champagne region of France

How can something that is named for a region it's produced in be produced anywhere else and still be called that?

Sparkling wine is the term you're looking for

Because it's fermented in the bottle and vintage dated.

Technically there is nothing stopping anyone from calling anything by any name except for ephemeral "laws".

If I have a bottle of California Sparkling Wine and I call it "champagne" and you understood what I meant, then the proof is in the effectiveness of the communication.

I suppose it depends if you are a connotative or denotative linguist.

It's like calling every cigar "Havana" or "Cuban" even if they aren't from Cuba. At best, you merely lose the information provided by "Cuban" or "Havana" now, at worst you're misleading people.

America didn't ratify the treaty of versailles so Paul Masson could get away with calling their sparkling wine Champagne

I found some cheap Paul Masson wines in my parents basement. Yet it's a sampler pack. They're more like jars than bottles. One of them looks really wonky. Not sure if they keep like those in bottles.

Well that's true, it depends on the importance of the specific characteristics of the object.
And lets assume that for the topic of conversation those characteristics are vital to the discussion.
Fair enough, you've convinced me.

>I suppose it depends if you are a connotative or denotative linguist.

Subtle antagonism.

MWWAAAH

>Technically there is nothing stopping anyone from calling anything by any name except for ephemeral "laws".
Or something called "logic," don't know if you ever heard of it.

spumante > champagne

Logic can't prevent people from calling things by any name they wish.
People constantly spout nonsense, it's not impossible.

please dont transform this board into /tv/ i.e. one liner meme threads. It's not even a meme from this board ffs
saged

Are sandwiches only to be made in Sandwich?

Is Buffalo the only place to get Buffalo wings?

It's just a name. Champagne can be made in more than one place.

youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s

pure cinema