Why are wars the most interesting aspect of history?

Why are wars the most interesting aspect of history?

yo

They are not. How many books have you read about the months spent waiting in trenches between any action? Or the thousands of filibuster speeches?

Everything is cherrypicked for the dramatic moments.

That said, war had groups actively making inspiring stories for propoganda to get their troops morale up/recruiting. Nothing else comes close to having that kind of spotlight on it.

Because it reveals both the best and worst of mankind

human beings killing each other on a large scale is compelling stuff

because they shape the world people live in

Events leading to a conflict and how they're resolved following the conflict far more interesting.
The depiction of wars make dramatic cinema and TV because they lend themselves well to melodrama.

History is nothing but War and Politics.

Wars drive invention and progress. Just look at the stuff that came out of world war two.

Nah the aftermath of the war is more interesting tbqh

Hello marxist subverter

*interesting to autists like ourselves

The actual war is interesting for the same reason that a game of chess is interesting: There are rules and ways things work and you have a set amount of resources and winning is using those limited resources to achieve a particular objective, while preventing your opponent from achieving theirs. It's full of patterns that we can recognise and appreciate. Plus the drama of the affair.

Then there's the aftermath of a war: Empires rise and fall, kingdoms are usurped, ideologies persist and fail. Whole peoples are wiped out and ways of life are destroyed.

There's also the fact that the threat of violence, and by extension war, in addition to the benefits for the victor thereof, is one of the primary driving forces of human centralisation and innovation: it's why governments exist and why we have jet aircraft, space travel, and nuclear reactors.

from a man's perspective: "my dicks bigger than his"
from a woman's: "his dick is bigger than his"

Pretty much this.

Not only in a moral way, but a "techonology" way.

Entertainment. Pretty fun to pit yourself against your enemies, get defeated time and time again and finally level up enough to win - it's kind of like Naruto.

I'm actually much more interested in the lead-up to crises and wars, ex: the Morocco Crises, the Suez Crisis. Diplomats and their trade are infinitely interesting. I may just be biased because 19-20th centuries are my favourite realms of study.

Because it's what human beings are good at.

Humans have always had to fight for everything, and when we make ourselves fight amongst each other for admittedly bullshit and roleplayish reasons, it's really fucking fun.

Only if you're a child.

And economics and demographics and culture and society and philosophy and technology and a bunch of other shit that I'm forgetting

t.navy seal who served over 300 tours in call of duty

You ever seen a mans guts and brains?

>really fucking fun
Holy edgy, red orchestra 2 is fun
War is not

quick, to the common pleb unpredictable, shifts in power,loss of tons of lifes, jumps in technology, "heros" and often a "villain" for the masses to hate

I think a lot of us really like war because thats what got us into history as kids. I know for me ancient greek hoplites got me into history and I wouldnt be studying archaeology if it wasnt for that

Because they were the pivotal points of history that determined which culture would reign supreme, who would conquer who, who would write the history, who would carry the torch.