So, who exactly were the Huns

So, who exactly were the Huns.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_name
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiongnu
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/summary/19_3_3.html
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/summary/51_3.html.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goths#Origins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Genetic Godtiers.

>So, who exactly were the Huns.
Assholes

Turks.

Some Mongolian offshoot tribe that migrated west.

Probably true. Annoys me how Attila is portrayed as this white beardy dude when by all accounts he looked not too dissimilar to Chinese people.

>born in Europe

I'm a Turk born in european side of İstanbul, does that make me white?

I wish we Finns allied with Huns. Our shamanic culture would have been preserved better if the Germanic enemy was destroyed.

>implying our garbage paganism was worth preserving

You realize like half the Hunnish empire was Germanic and Gothic was its lingua franca?

Goths weren't germanic

they spoke a germanic language

Drinking piss with fly amanita psychotropics in it, meditating yourself into a trance and entering lovi sure beats going to church.

I speak English but I'm Somali, does that make me English?

No it makes you a Swede

Proofs?

Still you're much closer to "whites" than a Mongol

Just check names of their rulers. Look like typical slavshit endings.

Tell me which ones you think look Slavic

Teodomir

>spoke a Germanic language, culturally Germanic, from Sweden, looked Nordic
>not Germanic in any way

Turko-Mongolians, most likely. Likely had some proto-Magyar and Scythian peoples in their empire along with eastern Germanics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_name

>*mēri-; mære, mer, mar, mir
>famous
>Chlodomir, Miro, Filimer/Filimir, Marvin, Odomir, Ricimer, Theodemir, Theodemar, Thiudimer, Valamir, Waldemar, Vidimir/Widemir, Wulfmar/Wulfomir

Germanic and slavic both derive from proto-indo-yuro, mir and teud pretty common name elements in both

theudo has no cognate in Slavic

Why don't you do some research first, then write elaborate what you found out, and ask specific questions?

Why are too mentally handicapped to understand that one-sentence threads have zero value?

sage and reported

Some Asiatics from East. Possibly synonymous with Xiongnu people or might be related to them. The physical description of Atilla we have shows that he was some Asiatic.

>He was a man born into the world to shake the nations, the scourge of all lands, who in some way terrified all mankind by the dreadful rumors noised abroad concerning him. He was haughty in his walk, rolling his eyes hither and thither, so that the power of his proud spirit appeared in the movement of his body. He was indeed a lover of war, yet restrained in action, mighty in counsel, gracious to suppliants and lenient to those who were once received into his protection. Short of stature, with a broad chest and a large head; his eyes were small, his beard thin and sprinkled with grey; and he had a flat nose and tanned skin, showing evidence of his origin.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiongnu

>You realize like half the Hunnish empire was Germanic and Gothic was its lingua franca?

Gothic wasn't lingua franca. There's no evidence to support this only speculations.

slightly chink-looking steppe horse archers
just like the scythians, sarmatians, mongorians, turks, people of [intelligible]-istan etc etc etc

If you are a Turk from Turkey then you are about as related to actual Turkics as I, a Scottish/German, am to Chinese people.

>Scythians
>Sarmatians
>chink-looking

>slightly
for all we know.
all those horse archer fags are basically the fucking same

The eurasian steppe is a big fucking place, nigga

>Iranics
>routinely described as fair haired, tall, and Caucasian
>of the Caucasian peoples
Don't be dumb.

Steppe Nomads that had a culture centered around migration, archery and horseback riding

>all steppe peoples are Hunnic/Turkic/Mongoloids
Nope.

this

but times like 1000 the further you go into the past

Genghis Khan was born in Mongolia and had red hair. The steppe was full of race mixing from easy migration and rape. What's your point?

>and had red hair.
[citation needed]

Is there any basis for the theory saying they were possibly Iranic/Germanic? Some Germanic tribes did use heavy cavalry and were very highly valued and greatly eared by the Romans due to their training and the size of the horses.

Most people assume they were the Xiongu because of their dark characteristics and similar time period, but horse nomads were not only Mongolic-Turkic.

We have no idea.

/thread.

Some clues though.
>Hepthalites were called "White Huns" by the Romans because they lived like huns but have white skins and "Are not ugly."
>Scarification and Head Shaping practices. The Huns supposedly did this. But it just might be the Alans, who rode with them.

What is clear is that by the time of Attila's rape army, it was a confederation of tribes led by Steppenigs of various stripes in addition to Germanic Subjects.

There's a Muslim chronicler from the time who said it was surprising that Kublai didn't inherit his grandfather's red hair. Rashid al din I believe. But there are Mongolians today who are born with red hair and green eyes.

>Rashid al din
He never met Genghis.

There are no physical descriptions or paintings at the time he was alive so again only speculations, closest depiction to his physical appearance is considered painting painted with supervision of his grandson Kublai and it doesn't show him with red hair.

You choose to believe one source without questioning the authenticity of it.

The only three Hunnic words recorded, strava, medos, and kamos all look very Indo-European in structure. And medos is very obviously mead. Based on these words it's unlikely that they were Germanic or Iranic, in which PIE *o and *a fell together as /a/. They could be Slavic or some unknown IE branch.

White Huns were an Iranic people who spoke an Iranic language, they might've been culturally influenced by the newly emerging Turkic and Hunnic people migrating Westwards though.

Altaic, no doubt about it.

Dimwit, the Scythians were the first to master horseback riding and introduce mounted warfare .

>using the dangerous historiographical term Scythian unironically

>Altaic, no doubt about it.
>no doubt about it

Okay you seem to know better than all of their scholars who still haven't determined their origins, congratulations.

>the Scythians were the first to master horseback riding
No.

A bunch of nameless cunts in Central Asia did. McFucking Cimmerians and Assyrians showed up with mounted cavalry and they predated the Scythians.

I was highlighting the "And they were ugly" line. Clearly the OG Huns had some facial features strange to Romans to merit that description.

It is the Scythian' another name.

The Scythian is one of the evolved peoples.
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/summary/19_3_3.html

One of major Turks includes the Scythian, too.

The Scythian are descendants of Nosana buddha(노사나불, 盧舍那佛)'s direct line. brahmanedu.org/english/materials/summary/51_3.html.

They left dolmen different from another people left. There is a hint for dolmens. Please, find out a place that has the greatest number of dolmens.

Probably yeah. People from Turkey aren't genetically Turkic. I'd consider most Turks that I've seen white.

Modern Anatolian Turks are Sunni Muslim Greeks/Armenians that speak a Turkic language.

Yep.

I didn't know that Anatolia constituted "steppe"

Scythians are Iranics, not Turkic.

Attila's description coincides well with the physical attributes of the surviving Altaic people of the Central and Eastern Steppes.

Then I guess the book "Mounted Archers of the Steppe" by Antony Karasulas isn't a reliable source on their earliest history.

The Scythians were members of a nomadic people originally of Iranian stock who migrated from Central Asia to Southern Russia in the 6th and 7th centuries BC.

Their origins are rather clear and so was the language they've used.Just because the Byzantines have had a tendency of classifying everyone who lived on the steppes and near the eastern fringes of the Anatolian peninsula as "Scythian and Tauro-Scythians" doesn't mean that we don't know who they were originally were.

>One of major Turks includes the Scythian, too

The Scythians were Iranian, not Turkic and you're sorely misled if you believe that mounted warfare is a Turkic invention, it was actually them who've facilitated it and made it known throughout the ancient world.

t. Turanist circa 1983

Scythians spoke an Iranian language, were of Iranian stock, and are identified as one of the "Aryan" nations part of the various Persian Empires from the Medians to the Sassanids even with their successors, the Sarmatians. They were never Turkic.

certainly not. upload a picture and we'll judge for you.

No, you're anglophonic. Dumbass.

The evidence all points to the goths coming from the land that is now Sweden, or an island off the coast of Sweden called (wait for it) Gotland.

>According to Jordanes' Getica, written in the mid-6th century, the earliest migrating Goths sailed from Scandza (Scandinavia) under King Berig in three ships

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goths#Origins

>and ask specific questions?

Where do you think you are?

Unless you start a thread with a ridiculously simplistic premise, preferably in one or two sentences, it goes right over everyone's head and they ignore the thread.

No that makes you Greek

Also it's spelt *Constantinople

>Constantinople
Not for the last 563 years mate.

>consider most Turks that I've seen white

sea people

i wouldn't be surprised if they were Turkic, but they could have been anything until we know more.

the turkic migrations would have occurred a few hundred years later, and the Huns might have been a tremor.

Simply based off the few words of theirs that survived, i'm gonna say some random indo-europeans

"white" doesnt mean anything anyway. The average turk today is mostly greek and armenian

Feck off Achmed. P-pic unrelated.
Still, Rashid al-Din is the closest historiographical source we have on Temujin; and really, what reason would he, Persia's most renowed historian, have to lie on something so trivial as Genghis' hair. I know mine is an appeal to authority, but it's hard to question the autenticity of Rashid's claims. As for Khublai-supervisioned painting (which is, by all accounts, the truest verifyiable source) you COULD argue that, IF genghis indeed had red hair, khublai's claim (and his heirs') could end up being disputed, so it would be in his best interest to have his ancestor be depicted indentical to him. Of course these are mere conjectures.

Forgot the "pic unrelated"

"""""""white"""""""

Skin looks pretty pale to me

That's white.

What's your point?

>As for Khublai-supervisioned painting
desu I figured it was a painting of Genghis in his old age, which is why his hair is fucking gray. Genghis was Kublai's GRANDPA. I don't even remember when my grandpa had dark hair.

"White" people aren't even white, they're more of a reddish to pinkish color, and can get tan to brownish as well.

The greatest proof of white supremacy is that black people never thought to call white people "pink" as a racial slur

>Achmed
I'm pretty sure I'm whiter then you but regardless the point stands, its been over half a millennium, accept its no longer Constantinople.

Fuck you I was taking a drink of tea.

We can settle for Kostantinyye, and just because I'm feeling merciful.
No but really though. Why butcher a city name that has history and prestige behind it, and turn it into ISTANBUL. I mean it's not a BAD name but come on. Costantinople is so much nicer. Even Kostantinyye looks somewhat ahestetic.

I dunno that anzu chick is pretty white. At least in skin tone.

post hyper war revisionists will tell you otherwise, but Attila's father had patrilineal descent from an obscure cadet branch of the ancient Finnish Imperial dynasty. The Huns were actually descended from a remnant ethnic group of the ancient Finns that had settled in southern Siberia

>Why butcher a city name that has history and prestige behidn and turn it into ISTANBUL.
Why complain about this when these sort of things have happened all over history since time immemorial of humans conquering other lands, territories, cities, and urban centers by one group to another? What makes Constantinople a special snowflake?

Istanbul was what the local Greeks called it, it just meants 'the city'

Istanbul is the turkified version of the greek "εἰς τὴν Πόλιν" [eis tin ˈpolin] which means "into the city"

Greeks and Turks are the same thing.

Most black people aren't even "black" per se. Many are more chocolate, dark brown, or even straight up brown. So it kind of goes both ways.

Today they are

Yeah but the point is white people have many effective slurs for all the various darker shades, but there arent really any for white people, and "pink" would be fantastic

greeks drew pictures of bulgarians when they came
and they were likely part of Attila's horde
their family tree that they brought with them to get legitimacy and boast has Attila in it

He looks white to me. Like a frenchman or an italian, easy.

"Black people" is such a joke term. They aren't black, and they aren't people. Who came up with this shit?

5 lira have been deposited into your account, have a nice day!