Salvation in Christianity

Orthodox Christians:
>Become one with god to be saved
>It doesn't matter if you're Orthodox or not

Papists:
>To be saved you must join The Catholic Church® and pay a monthly subscription fee, err.., Church tax!
>Oh yeah, and do some "good deeds" - like giving money to the church f.e.!

How can papists both reconcile the teachings of The Catholic Church®, and obvious truisms like pic related?

That's not what either group believes

Jesus wasn't born from anal sex, Constantine.

Orthodoxy:
>It doesn't matter if you do good, God doesn't care
>Let your brethren die, what does it matter? Think of heaven!
>Subjugation? This is a worldly complaint.

The One True Roman Catholic Church:
>Do good and ye shall be saved
>Always take care of your neighbor as your brother; be as Christ was
>Fight injustice despite challenges to your fortitude; always be righteous in the face of evil

gee I wonder why Catholicism is a world-spanning faith while orthodoxy is relegated to backward Slav holes

That's exactly what they believe.

>b-but our business model works better than yours!

Papists, when will they learn...

Something about "anal leakage" just feels both holy and incredibly hot

>>Become one with god to be saved
What does that mean.

>roman mystery cult explodes into a million factions each claiming to be exclusively true
>universal god of time and space just so happens to think my ethnicities' folk rituals are the best
>lets put these golden thrones and statues in our cathedrals to show how we humbly forsake worldly sins... just like Jesus would have wanted

Go Protestant

Repent and believe the gospel.

They worship Satan

>implying you need a church building to worship God
>implying you need rules to worship God
>implying you need a hierarchy to worship God

Whoever this God person is anyways.

Church tax isn't a thing you mongloid. Did you mean optional donations to charities and to keep toilet paper in the restrooms?

>>It doesn't matter if you're Orthodox or not

Yeah, that's retarded. Jesus literally said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light." Of course his own religion is the only surefire way to Heaven. "No one comes to the Father except through me," remember?

>there are autists who actually believe Jesus was referring to his ego self and not what the state of being he had attained

>the literal interpretation of this passage isn't compatible with my idea of right and wrong so it's obviously not meant to be taken literally

I like the way you think.

Yeah pretty sure they don't.

>see the success of christianity and how it can be tailored to whatever you need (just like christianity is a taliroed form of judaism)
>need to mobilise an army to take over vast lands
>remember success of christanity with their new prophet who says they are son of god
>invent new prophet muhammed who is more ethnically relatable, but not too different.
>invent new set of rules that are orthodox enough to be agreeable, but have that agreeable edgy brutality to them
>invent new customs
>use these new constructs to justify taxation and motivate soldiers to die for you

Jesus is a pretty biased source, though.

>I'm a grown ass man and believe a divine being incarnated in the flesh wants a no girls allowed sign on his treehouse

>implying those were not extremely popular ideas at the time, hence why they needed to be incorporated into any brand of religion intended to have mass appeal

the jews are no fools, they know whats up

No user I'm pretty sure Jesus is saying that because he, himself, is God Almighty, the Alpha and the Omega; because he is the Son, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, the Triune God. However, since he's also fully human, he's accessible and approachable, and therefore, if you come to him (God), you'll get to the Father (also God).

That was a later contrivance of the Church, Jesus clearly makes a distinction between himself and God.

Let them be anathema

You have been cut off from Christ, you have fallen from grace.

Honestly the whole Trinity gimmick seems like a way for this Jesus kid to snuggle up into the Monotheism racket.

No, it's merely the natural operation of logic proceeding from the axiom that Scripture is correct.

Try it yourself. Start from the premise that Scripture is true, and treat this as ironclad. Well, then, Scripture says that there is only one God, and that we are not to worship any other. And then there is God, sometimes called Father, who is this God. However, then Jesus comes along, claiming to be the Son of God, and (according to Paul, the earliest writer in the New Testament) being equated with God. And then, on top of that, we have this thing called the Spirit of God, which is supposedly God as well, but also a distinct entity.

So we have these three entities each claiming, or being claimed to be, God, and they're all in Scripture. However, Scripture also still contains the command that there is only one God and no others are to be worshiped. And, remember, you already start from the premise that all Scripture is true. So, since it is all true, how do you reconcile these seeming contradictions?

Christianity has done it through the Doctrine of the Trinity.

Lucky for the Jesus fanboys, they were the one who "translated" and edited the Bible, they could include or exclude whatever sources they wanted.

Why are there so many actual retards on this board?

It's all a waste of time bullshit.

Roman Catholic Church - went trough reformation after the schism they pulled their shit together.
They even took time to clear the saints calendar out and remove the retarded, paranormal stories which were just made-ups by Byzantines but not only limited to them.

Are you sure Jesus even said that?

I want to see evidence for that, I question your authority.

I know from evidence that scripture is not true. I see no reason to continue.

Also the Holy Spirit of Mosaic cult which was before Judaism and Christianity - is the manifestation of God the father between humans.

They clearly specify that there's only one God, not two not three - only one. Their God was self sufficient.

And no where is suggested that the comming Messiah was going to be God, only that he will be a king indeed, one that will make himself obvious when he will come - that will make death, poverty, injustice all cease to be and an everlasting kingdom of good and progressive values will be instaurated instead.

None of that happened, but Jesus followers all claim " IT WILL HAPPEN NEXT TIME WHEN JESUS COMES "

That quote is fake, for one.
Also, theosis is through prayer, penance, virtue cultivation, sacraments and confession(which happen in the church).
We are not budhists.

The Trinity is a reference to humanity. We are said to be made in God's image. We have a soul, a mind, and flesh. The Father is the mind, the Holy Spirit is the soul, and the Son is the flesh. Each is distinct and yet the same.

That's a heresy called Partialism

No, because I'm not saying each part is lesser, or that God is lesser without one part. Your body is as important as your mind and your soul. This is the only way the Trinity makes sense to me. Explain it to me if I'm wrong.

Apparently Saint Patrick explained the Trinity using a shamrock. Three leaves, one plant. Three aspects, one God?

The mind is never fully that person, only a part. Same with soul and flesh.

Firstly appealing to obvious truisms is rather lousy

Secondly as far as the Orthodox are concerned you cannot become one with God unless you follow you local ethnic Official Orthodox Franchise®

So accordingly to your logic each leaf is a whole shamrock or the Father Son and HS are components of one God?

this marcus aurelius quote is fake

lrn 2 mysticism

At this point calling things a Heresy just means that the Early Church Fathers persecuted them.
Who knows if they were right or not.

Maybe a little unrelated, but I was baptized as some retarded protestant denomination

How do I convert to orthodoxy?

Probably just show up to one of their Churches and they will walk you through it.

you know, that's probably a good a idea huh

>It doesn't matter if you do good, God doesn't care
I think you're confusing Orthodox Christianity for Lutheranism.

>Firstly appealing to obvious truisms is rather lousy
>lousy

logical is the word you are looking for

>That quote is fake

It's a paraphrase that perfectly sums up a few of his other quotes. Besides, it's in Greek anyway, so every English translation is "fake" by definition.

Each leaf is made of the same material of the shamrock.

So then each part of the Trinity is only a part, or are they three seperate beings made of the same divine essence, which together form God?

>Each leaf is made of the same material of the shamrock.

But is each leaf an entire shamrock? All the Greek Gods could be said to be composed of the same substance/material but that would not make them monotheists

I expressed myself poorly the sentiment in that picture whilst sounding nice doesnt make a whole lot of sense. It makes ungrounded assumptions on Gods character and ignores questions like whether justice could be seperate from God, the prospect that unjust God would still need to be worshiped due to its power ect

>it's just art bro we don't pray to mary

>unjust God would still need to be worshiped due to its power

Cathocucks lmao

proddies are more jewish than modern jews

They always have been. Group projection is a thing.

Good goy! Worship the Pope, be sure to let the mudslimes rape your family!