Why is Western Rhetoric Distinct?

EXHIBIT A:

This is a picture of a rich Chinese 22-year-old, appearing in the LATimes in an article he paid for. It is clearly designed to pad his image.
>latimes.com/local/california/la-me-headlines-chinese-fuerdai-20160707-snap-htmlstory.html

However, the comments section point out the article is masturbatory apologetic pandering.

EXHIBIT B:

This is a forced confession made by a Swedish member of that rare breed of man called the "human rights activist." You cannot easily be fooled.
>youtu.be/whbgVz4xKww

EXHIBIT C:

I have no sauce because I am lazy, but China used to process Jap POWs in a brainwashing concentration camp back in the 40s. Here, remarkable effect was observed (by foreign visitors) on the impact upon the Chinese mind and some of the Japanese. However, the same method applied to non Chinese were ineffective.

I would normally think most people are capable of critical thinking, some are usually merely naive and distracted by mundanity, and some are authoritarian in personality. Then I would say this is because of the wide range of education present in Western culture. However, unlike in Western groups, most everyone else attempts to, whether they realized it (modern-day north-south ethnic mixing in China, Mao's everything, or just the Khmer Rouge) or not (pre-modernity + russia), exterminate independent thought with a genetic bias in execution. Merely a bias, not always real intent. This distinction seems to manifest itself in non-Western populations more readily accepting outright forced confessions and the like. To draw a qualifying analogy: this West and non-West distinction is like the difference between 1990s Mexican suppression of Chiapas rebels, where fake atrocities by the rebels were staged, not convincing the bulk Mexican population but sufficiently scaring them into submission, and then-contemporary Chinese suppressions, killing everyone not convinced and gradually losing the original design objective of fear.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36882956
enzymeessentials.com/search/answers/question_22.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAAbDzJhoD8
www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~nippon/file/jog240e.html
lughat.blogspot.com/2010/09/arabic-right-hemispheric-weirdness.html?m=1
youtu.be/d1G2yZMUNUQ
blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/mans-new-best-friend-a-forgotten-russian-experiment-in-fox-domestication/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> most everyone else attempts to, whether they realized it (modern-day north-south ethnic mixing in China, Mao's everything, or just the Khmer Rouge) or not (pre-modernity + russia), exterminate independent thought with a genetic bias in execution

What the fuck?

Don't act like a retard.

If I want to kill all ants infesting my yard, I'm only going to kill the ants I'm targeting. Are you magically able to say you are uniformly killing a percentage of all ants without bias of any kind? No. Unless you're an ant scientist.

/pol/ is leaking again

Again, don't act like a retard. What I am referring to is, in part,... Fuck, let just state an entire question in plain English.

>Why would Mao say his 10748 flowers campaign (or whatever the fuck kind of names Chinese come up with) was a common recurrence throughout /Chinese/ history?

For those who don't know, the idea is: first, encourage intellectual debate; second, publish everyone widely; third, humiliate, kill, and starve all published names (bait and switch) and target the most intellectually vibrant regions to rapid resettlement (a uniquely Chinese thing, resettlement and villagisation intended to erase a family's history of ever being established anywhere).

what the fuck are you on about?

Goodness, let me even simpler for your braindead self.

>How much of historical Chinese "brainwashing" - in big quotes because you're a ducking retard and I'm referring to a set of things bigger than just brainwashing - relies on genetics?

Obviously, for example, if I wanted to torture an eskimo, I would feed him a low-fat high-leafy-veggie diet. That is a counterexample to the claim that genetics have no impact on methods of compelled service.

Wouldn't this be just another consequence of a collectivist tendency in asians?

By consequence I mean increased rate of occurrence.

I seriously cannot parse your thesis from these posts.

>Why is Western Rhetoric Distinct?
>something about Chinese and Japanese people being brainwashed
>"...most people.. think critically.. because of wide range of education in Western culture..., everyone else attempts to... exterminate independent thoughts".

Well, I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not.

Presumably by Western Rhetoric he is referring to a tolerance of independent/individualist thought in the West.
Which is true I suppose, but shouldn't be exaggerated because e.g. Giordano Bruno.

Asians being Borg with extra genocide leads to a higher likelihood of mass-suppression events?

I ran out of bytes ;_;
I have no real thesis, other than Westerners and Chinese, educated to equal skill (capable of rudimentary science and engineering), /seem/ to be totally different in terms of rebellious impulses? If they are educated in the same country, like America, then after a few generations they end up equal, but if they are in different countries they are different, of course. But how much of that difference is genetic? Heck, maybe it's just their diet.

If I had 10000 bytes, then I would more clearly ask:
>If I randomly kidnapped 100 Americans, Chinese, Swedes, whatever, and used every method of torture on them, exactly why would the distribution of people who givein to different degrees differ?

I think what he's trying to express in an extremely obfuscated way is that he thinks Chinese people can be more easily brainwashed than western people because of their genetics.

The paid-for article and forced confession of the Swede are not convincing to us westerners but OP thinks they are to the Chinese themselves.

In reality, the Chinese probably are not convinced by these pieces of propaganda either but are just speaking out against them out of fear for their lives. Also, many Chinese people have been fed propaganda from a young age but alas, OP seems to think inability of critical thinking is engrained in their DNA.

TL;DR: OP thinks people of non-western cultures have a genetic predisposition towards allowing others to brainwash them.

OP is a schizo

>this OP

Ah ok.

Well my instinct based on OP's racially-focused tone and stated desire to experiment on other people, maybe Chinese people just seem alien and bizarre to you and thus you are more willing to entertain some inhuman quality of their psychology.

Or I dunno maybe their diet undermines their brain development, no idea.

Yes, that is what I am saying, but if I wrote about the Chinese + center and had access to both their documentation and records and all foreigner (American, Soviet, maybe a random group of intelligence officers from maldives visited, I dunno!), I feel that a genetic predisposition to could be identified.

Alas, I cannot counter what you are saying because all of that information is secret. Sometimes it is destroyed. (For example, one of the first buildings destroyed, for whatever reason, in coups, from Purple Revolution to Turkey coup, are national intelligence centers, and many documents vanish within.)

The fact that the argument in favor of no genetic bias in cultural development is impossible to directly contradict is suspicious. I think I would like others to contradict me and explain why this fact should not be suspicious.

An example of poor refutations are:
which belong in the same category that we generally agree is meant to stunt or cut short argument.

>Asians being Borg with extra genocide leads to a higher likelihood of mass-suppression events?
Why is this a question?

Yes? Obviously? Makes sense as a correlation in any case.

The Mandate of Heaven, while no longer overtly practiced in Chinese tradition, as a concept still functions in Chinese society. Their entire culture for the bast 3000+ years has been built around "as long as the government isn't fucking things up for you personally or totally boggling the nation, sit down, shut up, and accept its authority". Additionally, the Chinese haven't developed the same level of jadedness towards media that we have in the west. Here, there are many different newstations blaring 24/7 that you can't trust the other newstations. There, they have a handful of media outlets controlled by the CCP blaring 24/7 that you can only trust the Party. Most people can be easily fooled, you just need to keep repeating the same messages over and over again.

Waiiit. Hold on. I have a much better way to talk about this.

If /you/ were a dictator, what would you do to speciate your population on mental lines?

>this psuedo-racial bullshit "analysis"

Do Chinese believe the bullshit propaganda?

bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36882956

For the vast majority, no.

For example, if you wanted to be a prick, how would you spread bipolar disorder to everyone over many generations, except in secrecy?

Ok wise guy, give me your explanation of why I can inject chemicals into someone and get normally-absurd results. Now tell me why I can't genetically engineer, I don't know, a poodle to act in that manner. Now tell me why I can't do that with breeding alone. Now tell me exactly what differentiates a poodle's nervous system from that in a human (easy). Now tell me you are a master in human brain studies you aren't.

Technocratic institutions with rigorous examinations that determine hierarchy. Pops are redistributed to live in communes of the same rank. You can only breed within the commune after extensive genetic screenings.

Eventually the ranks will form clear delineations based on exam scores?

Interesting question but there's a problem...what "mental lines"?

Killing anyone not willing to step on the cross was used....I think, but that's religion.
Killing people not willing to openly swear loyalty was also done to unify the rest and that would be mental lines splitting the honest enemies from enemies willing to lie and bend the knee.

They're not argument,s they're reactions to your INCREDIBLE inability to express a coherent point.

I understand what you're saying, you're too smart for these Veeky Forums.

I guess I would have to affirm a doctrine of change, scientifically and then build off of Western historical events and breakthroughs which became a pervasive status quo among "Westerners".
I am not sure exactly how I can answer your question because I do not have sufficient evidence, neither historical nor analytical to back and assertions I put forth.

Do you think it is cultural?
Do you think it is genetic?
Probably a mix of both but to which side is favored?
I think its genes, and I don't have an explanation since I am not a biochemist.

Are Icelanders just used to the cold or are they born that way?

Gargantia.

>Western ... people ... are capable of critical thinking ... everyone else .... exterminate[s] independent thought
ok /pol/

>anything I don't like is /pol/
He gave evidence and sufficient explanation.
You're being too dismissive.

Sweeping generalizations of entire groups of people backed with anecdotal evidence is pretty much the modus operandi of /pol/

>a genetic bias in execution. Merely a bias, not always real intent

In any case. Is there any other way of talking about entire groups of people? You think you can apply appropriate scientific method to historical events or to the development of cultures that span centuries or more?

Well I found this on Eskimos just now, rather different from my friends' anecdotal experience with just not being able to eat blubber - but caveat: I didn't do very much googling just now. Basically: supplement your body's incapability of eating food native to your environment by eating excess of certain enzymes, nutrients and so on.

enzymeessentials.com/search/answers/question_22.html

It's like giving lactose-intolerant people lactase pills before they eat bread milk pudding.

>Is there any other way of talking about entire groups of people
Yeah, you can talk about their beliefs such as the Mandate of Heaven or Manifest Destiny rather than make up some kind of bizarre genetic predisposition to killing Indians

I don't see how you could tell how much is genetic and how much cultural just from first principles, you'd need to find empirical data.

Certainly it seems incredibly unlikely that humans in different regions of the world do not have psychological peculiarities that may have a bearing on their susceptibility to this kind of mind control, and as much as 80% of some psychological traits are genetically predisposed, but for a complex phenomenon like this there's really no useful heuristic to hint at a solution short of doing the actual research.

Oh, so you're ok with talking about non-genetic predispositions for killing Indians like Mandate of Heaven and Manifest Destiny.

I don't want to talk with someone as clearly insecure as you. So, I won't.
>but for a complex phenomenon like this there's really no useful heuristic to hint at a solution short of doing the actual research.
Just break it down to the basics. Same way complex animal behavior can be broken down to fixed action patterns that in the end serve a basic need.
If a culture is collectivist then it's survival and power politics will revolve around maintaining cohesion. Killing individualists smart enough to be a threat serves this goal just dandy and even creates an evolutionary pressure for developing smarts that are combined with loyalty to the group.

This was funny.

I present my Mandate of Almonds. The picture shows Almonds randomly arranged. (clearly they are not randomly arranged. I have also eaten them all by now, i have none to share ;_;)

The Mandate of Almonds states from which I derive that I like Almonds with extra bulky sugary bits. We would say I have a cultural bias toward eating some Almonds before others. We would say I am genetically disposed to eat Almonds because I can clearly digest them irrespective of diet. (can anyone not eat Almonds or chia seeds?)

However, my Mandate of Almonds emerged from me living in a biome containing Almonds for millenia, and I am genetically adapted to this biome because my ethnicity has lived here for 30,000 years, long before advanced civilization but after the development of language. (none of this is true, I'm Californian and from every almond I eat I also extract the sadistic and sublime pleasure that I am also contributing to the water crisis.)

If a human cultural group has developed in isolation like this while the capability of language has long since evolved, do genetic influences not really impact culture and will everyone who lives here for long enough develop a different but categorically similar Mandate of Almonds?

OP it's genetic.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAAbDzJhoD8

>you're too smart for these Veeky Forums posters

How can he be "smart" if 7 different anons agree that he made no sense.

Poor bait.

>We would say I am genetically disposed to eat Almonds because I can clearly digest them irrespective of diet.
I'm not sure this is sound. You are genetically capable of eating almonds, but to say that you are genetically predisposed towards eating them means that you have a preference towards almonds over other nuts that you know is not caused by factors such as good memories associated with almonds, a belief that almonds are healthy, or a desire to support almond farmers. Let's say that I am also capable of eating almonds, but I have no preference for them and so clearly I am not genetically predisposed to eating almonds (or else my genetic predisposition has been overriden by, for example, associating almonds with a traumatic almond incident in my childhood), Clearly it takes more work to show a genetic predisposition than just observing that you have the capability.

>If a culture is collectivist then it's survival and power politics will revolve around maintaining cohesion.

Social cohesion is a requirement for any society.

>youtube

Wow user you sure proved "it's genetic".

Good post

>any other way

Not really. But the way you came to your conclusions, three anecdotes from uncredible sources, is absurd to say the least.

Not an argument

Examples of OP confusing the living shit out of everyone, and also agreeing he is from /pol/

It's a video clip from a study you idiot. Go back to Veeky Forums. The video showed Mongoloids are adaptable to uncomfortable situations while Caucasoids are not.

This got me reading a lot. Thinking, too. I don't have children, so here I am reducing cultural behaviors to bins of either physiological effects or mental effects. But neural impacts of having your 1 year old feel the textures of different roses and flowers are also physiological, just on a really complicated neural level. I'm watching that video now.

>Social cohesion is a requirement for any society.
I guess talking about degrees is a hard concept.
>But the way you came to your conclusions
I wouldn't say I've proposed any conclusions. I've made some assertions regarding some possibilities, but I'm not going to claim anything as a 'conclusion'. That would be too certain a statement.
>The video showed Mongoloids are adaptable to uncomfortable situations while Caucasoids are not.
The caucasoid babies shifted around when dropped and moved their limbs when their nose breathing was inhibited. I think you mean the mojavo and the japanese babies.

No, not predisposed, just disposed. I can eat Almonds, they are available, hence a food culture on Almonds will eventually develop, at some point, but before rapid social change through civilization begins.

So I should have said, "I have a digestive disposition favorable to all food in my biome, and almonds are one such food."

This is history? This is philosophy of rhetoric? I can't even read this schizophrenic drivel. The art of rhetoric is to be understood, what is not
is not rhetoric, it is word salad.

The Mandate of Heaven is not meant to prop up the dynasty, it's meant to justify removal of the dynasty if they are fucking shit up. Yao abdicates to Shun, it's a founding myth on the order of Cincinnatus. Not that it matters since the communist revolution happened.

On another note, the vast majority of court cases in the US end with some form of plea bargain or settlement. How often does this society question guilty pleas, when those pleas are only made after threats of far worse punishment? We all know that this is the system, but everyone assumes it won't happen to them, until they say the wrong thing or act nervous in front of an investigator, and all of a sudden they're public defender is telling them they should take the deal, evidence or no, because they've only had 20 minutes to review the case files and the judge/jury takes the officer's word over that of the accused every day of the week. I've testified in US court and the judge has no legal obligation to give a shit about testimony, and boy do they get mad when someone pleads not guilty, it's an insult to them, and they will hurt you for it. At the end of the day it's not about justice, it's about authority.

>they're
>not their
oh fuck me sideways with a lunchbox

>he's poor enough that he takes a public defender to court

>yfw

To continue, no one is saying that genetics have no impact on culture. What I am saying is that biologists have a hard enough time tracing genotypes to their proper physical phenotypes. It's infinitely harder to create a rock solid, scientific connection to cultural ones. To actually publish a paper saying "people of African, Middle Eastern, East Asian, Southeast Asian, Pacific Islander, Eastern European, and Australian descent display less activity in areas of the brain associated with critical thinking compared to Western Europeans, found to be linked with gene that changes the development of the frontal cortex" would require neuroimaging studies of hundreds if not thousands of people as well as a much better developed understanding of gene expression, and neuroscience than we have now. It's not enough just to say "Well these Westerners weren't fooled by this one thing and these other things happened in history therefore genetics." You need to do more work than that, that's literally SJW-tier effort when they claim that history proves that all white people are evil

Sure, some people take out a mortgage on their home to pay the lawyer fees, but most know better and take the plea bargain. The system works well for those who have endless funds, but for the most part the financial penalties and legal fees stack the deck against defendants who lack hundreds of thousands if not millions in liquid assets. And that's not even considering the possibility of civil forfeiture, in which case a defendant can be deprived entirely of property or funds for his own defense, and never get it back even in the case of acquittal.

You are right of course. So, this is just idle chatter really.

There's nothing wrong with talking about China's history of burning books and burying scholars. That's real history and it's great to talk about factors that caused that. What I find wrong is "it's genetics lol" because it just stops conversation and speculation about other real non-genetic causes, and we have no way of proving the genetic link, even if it is true. Pushing in all other countries as "non west" also increases the scope way too much, it's impossible to analyze each of them in the time we have. Plus anecdotes are shit

My amateur reading, as I am OP, are from economic flows deriving from trade of torture instruments. Like Ching-Chong the factory manager sells tongs to a Saudi Prince's estate obviously not meant for blacksmithing. No, of course I can't know about the function where tongs vary and investments fluctuate, so I would imagine investigation in done trying to study the inverse and then derive the torture stuff.

Then thousands of words result.

Then I don't have enough space here to write more than a brain-tickling word salad, my apologies. Is there another forum you can direct me to, where the economics of torture and psychological operations in non-western countries are discussed?

For relating torture to rhetoric, I mean that the Arab countries buying torture implements, these countries actively try to inhibit education, and on a not-so-side thought, these countries use a linguistic system that has radically different neurological consequences than seen in Western (written) languages. This side-note is of questionable truth. Permit an article salad on it:

www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~nippon/file/jog240e.html

lughat.blogspot.com/2010/09/arabic-right-hemispheric-weirdness.html?m=1

But my point is that societies that treat their population with the same respect we usually give ants are more biased, if left unchanged over thousands of years, to encourage genetic lineages that are docile. I'm not talking about domestication of a human to tie them to a feudal lord, merely saying that docile people will have a much easier time reproducing in that system. Consequences, like linguistic development and any coupling between evolutionary dynamics and cultural dynamics, are left up for discussion.

For your justice thing, there are organizations that provide free legal counsel (before court stuff begins) -usually divided on ethnic lines where I'm from - and others that provide aid in cases of wrongful justice (after the fact). Hard to do that in eg mexico.

As OP, yup you're right the idle chartter can only go so far since I'm basically asking people to have well-developed the following skillsets:
-systems dynamics
-forex and futures trading
-stock trading
-whatever i do with neywork analysis
-mechanical engineering applied to economics
-biochemistry
-genetics
-evolutionary psychology
-anatomy and medicine in general
And worst of all inference of the secret archives of dozens of governments around the world in recent years, most of which have since gone defunct.

However, let me apologize by introducing the Russian fox domestication experiment, accompanied by copious examples of saccharine cuteness.

Watch domesticated foxes trying to act on instinct:

youtu.be/d1G2yZMUNUQ

And to smooth us back to idle chit-chat:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/mans-new-best-friend-a-forgotten-russian-experiment-in-fox-domestication/

At some point you will see, on google:
>domesticated foxes lose melanin concentration
Hypothesizing in paraphrase:
>is there a metabolic pathway involving melanin whose forced change we call domestication?

If anyone here then thinks:
>heheh niggers
Then let me argue a continuum of racial intelligence:
>white -> brown -> black
And let me point out that the main scientists developing your satellites have not been white for decades, they've been brown, go fuck yourselves racist and go back to west Virginia.

Now go watch cute foxes.

Perhaps it's how they interpret the situations presented to them. In your last example, perhaps the Chinese never lost the directive of fear. They were seeking to label the concept of not being scared of their rule as a thought-crime. And reacted accordingly.

The emphasis on the collective is a trend we see in the East. It is why Communism was able to be so successful in the East as well. But if you take a random Chinese baby and take him/her to America and raise him/her there, the baby will grow to appreciate western values if not given a sense of identity to it's motherland.

Who knows? Very interesting observation, thanks for posting this.

Do you believe that only intelligence is influenced by race? Do you believe certain races put more emphasis on abstract ideas/values, or we see these trends culturally/ethnically?

>race
Go watch foxes until racism has been ejected from your system.

I'm busy watching crime statistics and reports on black adopted kids in school vs white adopted kids in school

Adoption studies tend to show differences radically reducing though

They do, but radically reducing is not exact same

I'm just curious if you think that these iq differences we see in races would also indicate idealistic differences, or something similar.

and that there is the whole issue of culture, identity, race factor in society, time of adoption, wealth and status of parents and the birth mothers pre-natal health.

That's a really excellent point but the studies I've read show that blacks consistently do slightly worse in IQ in this test. It's just data. You don't have to get emotional.

How am I emotional?

You're very defensive. Can't accept data that suggests that some groups of people are generally dumber. We could talk crime-rates of every negroid country, or the iq of them, infrastructure, or really anything. It's meaningless as you'll say the culture is keeping them down, even when it is one they create.

>even when it is one they create
people don't just create their own cultures. cultures go though a process similar to natural selection in which only the ones best fit for their environment can thrive. if the environment pushes a culture towards violence then it will become violent.

I've always assumed it was cultural, because its the explanation which seems to best fit the evidence we have

*mostly cultural I should say, its possible/likely that genetics has some impact

Get back to /k/, antman.

>If I want to kill all ants infesting my yard, I'm only going to kill the ants I'm targeting. Are you magically able to say you are uniformly killing a percentage of all ants without bias of any kind? No. Unless you're an ant scientist.
Holy shit, this thread is replete with fresh pasta.

Or, if nonviolent advocates like MLK and Malcom X were selectively assassinated and violent ones like Farrakan were selectively kept alive, then the dominant role models will become whoever didn't die.

Kyrgistan's national role model and national MC Master Flash (their national sport is rapping the national epic) is a guy who died killing Mongols. Much wow. How doge. Our role models are Jesus, but also Alexander (the murderer), Napoleon (the murderer), Joshua (the Biblical murderer), and a lot more murderers than peaceful folk.

So I don't think anything can help maintain a good culture when your host culture (Nixon's silent majority, Trump's retards) thinks progressive cultural uplifting is segregation and cultural obliteration.

NOW WATCH CUDDLY FOXES or else I'll remind you white racists how much fun was had killing your white brothers from other mothers people in central america and germany.