Let me pose you this question

Let me pose you this question.

If homesexuality and bisexuality is in your genes, then can't pederasty not be considered the same?

No, it doesn't fit my agenda.

I think first you would have to prove that homosexuality or bisexuality IS actually in your genes, and not a byproduct of upbringing.

Nomos vs. Physis and all that shit.

What is with the obsession with pederasty here

It's been proven that there are sections of the brain in male homosexuals that are involved with sexual attraction that much more closely match those found normally in females.
I'm not sure if that is a result of the brain adapting towards their environment, or if the people are born that way though.

Yes it can.

And like with homosexuality and heterosexuality, we don't allow people who are naturally pederasts to rape anyone.

There is no contradiction here.

We also know that certain societies had a much higher prevalence of homosexual relationships than other, based on social conventions. I doubt that more men carried "gay genes" in Athens than they did in China in 400 BCE, but there was certainly a lot more male/male physical relationships in Athens than in China.

How would this disprove anything?

There is no upbringing of peadophilia (at least I want to believe) among most peadophiles. Sure it could happen, but surely a lot of peadophiles were like that from birth?

It's only """"""RECENTLY"""""""" been termed as "BAD".

My point is if being gay is genetic, then so is being a pedadophile, and we hugly denounce these peoples fighting against they inner being.

Not saying we should allow pedophila, just giving some food for thought.

>there was certainly a lot more male/male physical relationships in Athens than in China.
And how the fuck do you know that?

>It's only """"""RECENTLY"""""""" been termed as "BAD".

That's true.

When we decided that consent was more important than the desires of the stronger partner in sexual relations, all consensual sex started to become more acceptable, and all non-consensual sex started to become less acceptable.

I see no reason this trend will reverse for paedophiles in particular any time soon.

It depends. Pedophilia might simply be a paraphilia, like the kind of disorder that causes arsonists and serial killers to do what they do. A traumatic past event, an injury or abusive relationship during childhood, etc.

If that's the case, then pedophilia is not "natural", its a disorder with a cause.

Because we have written records of both places?

Because the Greeks were famously boy-fuckers?

someone did a smart

Considering the recent rise of articles claiming pedophiles are an oppressed sexual minority like gays or lesbians, it might change.

Depends on if they can successfully hijack the language of the LGBT movement and use it for themselves. The groundwork is already there.

Why would it change?

What in the language of the LGBT movement would make you think they'll argue against consent?

>There is no upbringing of peadophilia

heh

>(at least I want to believe)

heh

>sure it can happen

heh

yes it can.

It can.

When we didn't care about consent, but about the ranking of the partners, paedophilia is found everywhere, virtually out in the open.

Now that we do care about consent of both partners, not just the higher ranking one, paedophilia is less accepted than ever before in history.

There's been a couple articles arguing for rehabilitation in lieu of harsher sentencing, but none that advocate allowing the fucking of children. Is that what you meant?

not every one cares

Like who? Example?

I believe that not every parent would care if they found out a forty year old was fucking their five year old; but I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that MOST would care.

It is undoubtedly in our genes, but that doesn't mean it is morally permissible in society. This comparison doesn't take into account that one predisposition is between consenting adults and the other is not. You filthy pedo.

I don't believe that it's "in your genes" anymore than attraction to other human beings is in your genes. I don't believe in true exclusive hetero-/homo-sexuality