What made America have such harsh race relations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JvgK3083rMc
youtu.be/UymAKaUquzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its obsessed with race to being with. Thats where the problem roots.

racism

Importing blacks to do slave labor. Literally all of the racial problems America has wouldn't exist if there were never any blacks.

It doesnt have culture and so is obsessed about race.

It certainly does have culture. All people in the world have culture, even if it's a shitty culture.

No one wanted blacks around. They were okay on the plantations, but after the war they had to move somewhere. They moved to the shittiest parts of town. They lived in southern states. They lived in places the rest of us abandoned.
Shitty places make for shitty people, and now we've got a permanent underclass that's easily and visually identified.
That or niggers.

>Le Blacks
19th Century Amerishits talked of Catholics as if they belonged to a different race.

When Europe sent people to America, they did not send their best. They sent people that had lots of problems, and they bought those problems with them. They brought drugs. They're brought crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, were good people.

>Religious prejudice
>racism
Yeah, nah. You papists can fuck off.

>all prejudice is racism

You're too stupid to breed I swear

Change "Europe" to "Africa" and you're gonna be completely correct Mr. Dolan. All the smart and rich blacks stayed in Africa while we imported the absolute dregs of their society, literal slave caste.

Catholics are a different race. Catholics, like the irish, are reminders of all the shit we left behind in europe. I guess we tolerate them now, but they're still a bunch of kiddy diddlers and thieves.

someone had to pick that cotton

Except I was talking of European Catholics?
And all those stupid justification about how these people are of a different race because they are catholic
>Spics: M-MOOR'S BLOOD
>Irish: Look at their skulls! Like violent apes.

Settler colony that became an expansionist nation on an all ready populated continent with a proportion of its workforce from the Atlantic slave trade.

No, people hated them because they were Catholic. The racial angle only came to play in the 1860s and didn't even last long.

>implying they wanted to

The nigger problem is completely the souths fault. Instead of stringing them up and forcing them to constantly relocate, why not let them get an education? I truly hate on how the south has held back this country and continues to do so.

The only people who don't hate blacks are the ones who have never been around them

Nope/
It would be lower class whites particularly those of Scots-Irish/Irish descent.

There was heavy class inequality in the South so there were a fuckton of poor whites who lived in godawful conditions that could've done the labour for cheap/indentured labour. If Blacks were much smaller in numbers or importation of slaves cut off very early or weren't brought in it would've been poor whites who were the cocksleave bitch of upperclass Southern society and it would be EXTREMELY class based (much more so then Europe at the time) with the divisions being "Us landed, sophisticated old bloods vs those dirty, degenerate immigrants".

(you)

No many people of all status and class in Africa were brought as slaves.

You gonna keep posting that all day son?

>No many people of all status and class in Africa were brought as slaves.

Literally WEWUZ: the argument. No Jamal, your ancestors were literal trash and the worst Africa could offer to the world.

Whites importing niggers

Niggers being niggers

Not really

The overwhelming majority of slaves were debtors, criminals, war captives, and other scum

tenant farming and people working for shit wages as farm labourers were a common thing back then for the majority poor whites. There are plenty of laws the upper class and law makers can do to forcefully extract labour from that populace with many of said laws being stuff you'd see in a colony in the old world.

THEY WUZ KINGZ N SHIT NIGGUH WHAT YOU TALKIN BOUT

I'm not saying all where kings and shiet though.
Why must you take every single thing that triggers you and extend it to some childish hyperbole?

Because they definitely didn't come from all layers of society, vast majority of them were dregs.

Niggers are hard to be around desu senpai

Only if you are poor and have to live with the trash.

Slaves were plundered from villages in raids. Later on Africa empires and kingdoms super reliant on slaves engaged in warfare for slaves to meet the demands for slaves.

Many criminals weren't criminals but instead enslaved based on trumped up charges.

NIGGUH FUCK OUTTA HERE DOE! MIKE BROWN (PEACE BE UPON HIM NIGGA) WUZ DA DESCENDENT OF CLEOPATRA AND MANSA MUSA AND BEETHOVEN ND SHIT

>throws away half a million dumb Yankees to keep the south in the union
>spend the next 150 years whining about them being in the union

>would be EXTREMELY class based (much more so then Europe at the time)

Top kek

They were still poor people and the underclass, nobody went around selling princes and merchants to work on a cotton field.

1. Americans lack real identity, so their race becomes their identity. Excluding some shit like Italian Americans which never fully assimilated.
2. Blacks were literally slaves, this is bound to cause resentment on both sides for many reasons.

>more class based than Europe

You're basically a retard, Europe literally had monarchies and hereditary nobility at the time, you can't get any more classist than that. Certainly not in a pleb country like America which was based upon the abolition of aristocracy.

Just so everyone knows, this is a recent quote from Donald Trump. Switch out Europe for "Mexico"

It's fairly straightforward. People want to be above others in the pecking order.

Poor whites at the bottom of the social ladder could take respite in the knowledge that no matter how useless and declassed they are, at least blacks would still be under them.

Once blacks started being afforded rights and equality, it offends white offal's sense of self-worth, because they realize their position in society is no better than blacks.

Thanks Captain Obvious really needed this

>The overwhelming majority of slaves were debtors, criminals, war captives, and other scum
Which would include people of all sorts of classes, especially when considering war captives.

ameircan identity is an attitude

Blacks commit like half of crime despite being 14% of the population. Our culture is totally negrified and the governmwnt treats blacks preferentially in relation to others. It's impossible for there not to be pushback.

ayo u rayiss b

The crime has gone down to 40 percent in recent years.

And people wonder why Blacks are against BLM.

Sherrif Clarke isn't having any of this shit.

Still though. Consider that violent crime is mostly committed by younger males. Say a third or so of blacks. That comes out to around 4-5% of the total American population.

So 4% of the people commit 40% of the violent crime. That's still a huge issue. Its an issue that I wish the black community would address, instead of simply blaming white politicians and cops, or "racism".

get active niqqa

youtube.com/watch?v=JvgK3083rMc

to stop the groups(poor/working class) from coming together

poor whites were told they would be equal to the rich whites if they went against blacks

its the same reason people who never owned slaves were fighting for the confederacy and hanging blacks from trees

literal conspiracy theory

The bigger problem is entirely the fault of the Left. Before Affirmative Action, Welfare, and all their social progressive bullshit blacks had a lower rate of violent crime, teen pregnancy, single mothers and higher rates of successful marriages than whites did.
Democrats literally killed the black family.

this

This. The Intersting Narrative of Olaudah Equiano is a case study in this practice, as well as being a primary historical document.

both Affirmative Action, Welfare have benefited whites

the black community died when the government sold crack in black neighborhoods to finance the contras in south america

>Its an issue that I wish the black community would address, instead of simply blaming white politicians and cops, or "racism".

I get all my news about black people from major media sources and don't talk to any black people: the post

Blacks have, en masse, been tackling the issues of black-on-black problems for decades. You millennials act like all this shit started happening yesterday.

>the Left
So, white people are still responsible for the problems in the black community? Nice to know.

>Blacks have, en masse, been tackling the issues of black-on-black problems for decades.

aside from slam posts and blog posts, what have they got to show for it? and also, the user youre replying to didn't mention black on black crime specifically but just black crime in general.

Several generations of being told that blacks aren't people because they aren't christian and have curly hair.
Several generations of being told they're uneducated heathens so everything done is fine for indians.

Tradition.

>black crime

Most of which effects the black community, which is why I mentioned it.

Nation was founded on genocide.

????

ok so what progress has been made?

You sure about that? Black or white the only people on welfare are trailer trash or ghetto trash.
Affirmative Action has only hurt whites by enforcing diversity quotas regardless of qualification.

Obviously it's the vastly disproportionate levels of black crime and associated race baiting by the left-leaning press, who have a vested interest in maintaining a poverty stricken black community in order to use it as a voting block.

>So, white people are still responsible for the problems in the black community? Nice to know.

Who really gives a shit if they're white? The majority of the country is white, of course some of those people are going to be the assholes responsible for the ideological subjugation. When you start actively pursuing this pointless "Us against them" line, you play right into the hands of said assholes responsible. Grow up.

sup reddit

I honestly think the "Race Problem" is inflated by the media to sell eyeballs and clicks. Niggers are too stupid to see that so they riot when in actuality, race relations are the best they've been in over 100 years.

Yeah they did.
Some of the officers in the hatian revolution were chiefs who taught the army guerrilla tactics

Just because they are better does not mean they are acceptable.

This is the real answer. People love racism because they need somebody to feel superior too and they enjoy the nepotistic security it brings.

Niggers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

America objectively has more culture than any other country im the world.

Seek treatment for your mental illness, pal. Anti-Americanism can be cured.

>never been around them

Grew up with them, don't hate them, one of them was a groomsman

There is some historical evidence that after the populism movement in the late 19th century almost overturned the wealth class, they adopted a lot of populists principles, but to make sure they weren't threatened again they codified Jim Crow in the South and said that blacks would be a permanent underclass. LBJ said "You know how you can rob a poor white man, tell him he's better than a nigger."

Because niggers in a land that didnt experience the french revolution and therefore never learned enlightenment ideals

youtu.be/UymAKaUquzs

The founding fathers were inspired by the Enlightment

Capitalism desu senpai. Slaves were integral to the development of North America. The idea of black inferiority was a way to justify their oppression, similar to the treatment of the Irish.

After abolition they served as a convenient other for which social and economic problems could be pinned on. This further achieved division of the working class, certainly something to be desired by the bourgeois element.

Today, in the eyes of many people, blacks have proven their inferiority through high crime rates, extreme poverty, and unemployment. This is certainly attributable to their history as secondary citizens. Many blacks are resentful of the role the whites have played or their complacency.

Inspired =/= put into practice
The nation grew up a conservative anglecized version of republicanism while all the ideas that held up such practices died in violent revolution

Our revolution was merely borders and government style, not full blown ideology.

It's bad because our indulgence to privacy, to block out the world, has lead to a society where the guilt ridden vocal minority is the party in control.

We are lead by a few who feel guilty for being born into some kind of landed wealth or privileged position and then chose to put out policies that are aimed at rectifying thier believed prejudices and stereotypes. As if to absolve themselves.

This undermines the shared welfare of all races in our society and they refuse to acknowledge that. They can't see the forest through the trees and miss the practical ready answers.

Basically the reason it has gotten bad is because we were too busy jerking off to pay attention to the disease minded liberals that took control of our schools, our media, our politics, our culture, all to satisfy some guilt they have.

Nobody really talks to each other nobody really gets to know each other and so the lunes take that opportunity to seize power. Race relations are bad because we are governed by those who minds are diseased by thier inherited guilt.

Jefferson lifted a lot from Locke when he wrote the declaration. Franklin started the American Philosophical Society to be part of the Enlightenment. And every university at the founding of this country was involved not only with the theological questions of the Enlightenment but also the moral philosophy questions as well.

Inspired=put to practice.

Being a multi-ethnic state. You didn't see this issue arising in European countries because Europe is ethnically homogenous

This

>c***
>*u**
>**c*
>***k
Detected

Yes white Air Max and hotdogs are truly the height of culture and civility.

You're an idiot

>be me
>live in south Florida
>everyone gets along

What's going on in the rest of America? Shits comfy down here. Every time I hear about widespread racism and race wars I look outside and see my black neighbors talking to my white neighbors and crickets chirping.

How far south? When I think of south florida I think of very affluent neighborhoods. Of course there wont be crime there

Oh please. Very few people in this country are actually honestly racist beyond thinking that modern black culture breeds trash (which it mostly does). There are no kkk members in government, blacks get handouts like crazy to attend school, no one is not hiring someone for being black if they act like a normal, civilized human being. It's really has changed from a race issue to a culture one. The people that buy into the gang/thug/rap culture are the issue, not blacks in general, even whites can fall into the trap, it's just mostly a black thing. That's not to say rap is bad or w/e, it's just that most mainstream rap (and black media in general) glorifies a thug culture.
Truly, it is a culture issue. In the same way that fundamentalist Muslims moving into Europe are causing issues due to cultural incompatibility, blacks do the same with their culture.

You'd think they would want to get their shit together instead of whining about some unchangeable aspect of their history and miring in poverty.

So why don't they?

America does have culture. We've just become so good at exporting it that people think it's just some kind of baseline human culture instead.

>Italian-Americans never fully assimilated
this has to be bait

>We've just become so good at exporting it that people think it's just some kind of baseline human culture instead.
Like?

Jealous yuros are just mad that their culture peaked in the High Middle Ages and Renaissance, and it has been waning ever since.

Like Miami Ft Lauderdale south, lotsa Cubans and hatians

>South Florida
>everyone gets along
Yeah, no. Miami is one of the most crime-ridden cities in the United States, particularly violent crime.

What are you talking about? The whole point of nationalism was my ethnicity is better than your ethnicity. Trust me, get some Irish and Scots at a soccer game and they will be at each other's throats over ethnicity.

The further North you go in Florida, the further South you are.

Suits, jeans, pop music, movies, the internet, our restaurants are all over the world

Yes because the racial segragstion an injustice never effect culture.
You are so fucking short sighted.
Read ' the souls of black folks'
And get back to me. Its short.

>blacks get handouts to attend school
>complain about having to go to a black school because its so bad

Also rap is awful. I don't know why every single /pol/ poster loves rap when they call everything else degenerate. Bunch of edgy kids.

>There are no kkk members in government
That's like saying neo-nazis don't exist either or that the Black Panther movement is dead. You don't have to wear it like a badge of honor in public to make it exist.