How was such a shady character awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

how was such a shady character awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Semyonov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder they once wanted to give the peace price to Stalin.

Arafat and Begin were literally terrorists and also got one

The Nobel Peace Prize is a literal meme.

They gave it to Sadat and Arafat.

Kissinger also shared it with some gook.

Also:
>One of the most controversial prizes was the prize of 1935 that was retroactively awarded one year later to Carl von Ossietzky, a German pacifist who had been convicted of high treason and espionage for exposing German re-armament. In an unprecedented move, King Haakon VII of Norway was absent from the award ceremony, two committee members resigned in protest, and the Norwegian conservative press, including leading daily Aftenposten, condemned giving the award to a convicted criminal. Ossietzky, interned in the concentration camp Esterwegen and severely ill with tuberculosis, accepted the award by letter but was prevented from traveling to Oslo. The award led to Adolf Hitler forbidding any German to receive any of the Nobel Prizes in the future, and his prize was not allowed to be mentioned in the German press.[102]

obama got one and he did the EXACT same thing as the bushes did

The committee really jumped the gun with the Obama peace prize. They fell for the hype.

I remember him not wanting it. He doesn't look like the kind of egotist who'd pine for shit like that but then again who knows.

I think he may but that may just be the racist in me being angry about him going "muh son" during the Zimmerman incident.

>whiteys getting tiggered by my son
Why do whitey have such thin skin?

It's a political prize. No Soviet scientist ever received one in the sciences either. The first Soviet person to receive one was a dissident.

Nobel Prize = garbage.

Fields Medal = the real deal.

It's more that I think it was the wrong way of tackling the whole thing since it seemed very much he was sympathizing with the case against Zimmerman, giving fuel to the ones chimping out over it.

Why is there a Kissinger thread every day now? Even Hitler doesn't get mentioned as often

Teddy Roosevelt also got one and there was never a war he didnĀ“t like

t.Russian with victim complex
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Semyonov

We're talking about the Nobel Peace Prize ITT. Not literature. Not journalism. Not science. Not mathematics.

Teddy Roosevelt also did things other than bomb brown people.

muh parks muthafugga

Trolling. That's what the Nobel Prizes are about.

Lol he got it for peacefully ending the russo-japanese war. He must have not liked that one.

He was worried the Japs were going to kick Russia out of Asia entirely or something.

>gandhi is perhaps the most famous symbol of peaceful resistance against tyranny
>they don't give him a noble peace prize
>instead they give it to a paki girl who got shot in the head and moved to britain because india and pakistan were having their yearly border skirmish