Was Jesus Christ truly a good Christian?

Was Jesus Christ truly a good Christian?

Nah. He was against big money in Church.

I mean that's why you pray to god isn't it? To get more money?

>I mean that's why you pray to god isn't it? To get more money?

he was a jewish reformer desu

I don't get it.

I was being sarcastic about how all the Christians pray to god for more money, when Jesus said you should be fine with being poor and that money should not be involved in church.

Well he didn't think he was the son of God so no modern Christian would recognize him as one.

t. judaizer

Matthew 16:15-17

He was the only good Christian. Christianity in general wasn't really supposed to survive, in my opinion, because it's such a ridiculously suicidal religion. You're always, always, always suppose to turn the other cheek and seek the best in other people and not seek revenge and not seek justice and just take whatever others throw at you.

What was practices in the middle ages, ironically considered the most "Christian" period, wasn't really Christianity but more like tribal paganism with Christian coat of arms. It was brutal, aggressive, expansionistic, dominant, unrepentant... basically everything Christianity is not supposed to be. In Christianity you're just supposed to suffer in silence unjust abuse and then die.

That's why anyone that ever fought and killed in the name of Christ is most likely in Hell, if Christian hell exists .Which is why I don't think Christianity was supposed to survive.

Though you could tie all that into God's grand plan - the people who fought, went to war and killed for Christianity are all in hell but it is because of their efforts that Christianity survived and spread to almost every part of the globe now. So they're essentially meta martyrs - by sacrificing themselves they've ensured salvation for the rest of a la Jesus Christ.

Wasn't it an apocalyptic doomsday cult?

desert death cult xd

Jesus Christ was a fly agaric.

That's pretty metal

Christians are called to always keep one eye on the life to come. It's a bit of an otherworldly religion, which is why parts of it seem strange from a secular perspective.

Not him, but there's a popular theory that those elements were added later. Personally I like the notion that Mary got knocked up, and came up with the lie of being impregnated by god to keep from being stoned by Jewish law or by Joseph. She had to repeatedly tell the lie in fromt of Jesus his whole life too, and it gave him a god complex, cumulating in him turning into a rebellious hothead, who was nearly destined to kill himself.

I suspect that this is b8, but the grammar is good enough that I think the person writing this might have actually been serious.
Out of concern that someone might believe him, I encourage y'all to actually read the Gospels. Don’t take what this guy says seriously because he’s read a few verses of The Message online and thinks he knows better than 2000 years of thinkers pondering over multi-lingual translations.

Your whole argument hinges on the idea that Christ was against self-defense and justice. Yet he absolutely advocated justice and self-preservation. "Turning the other cheek" refers to the insult of being slapped; it was understood culturally at the time to be an insult. Nothing life-threatening, like being spit on.
Christ himself said He did not come to overturn the law, but to complete it. The teachings expressed in the Old Testament are in keeping with His message. Or to put it better, they find their completion in Him.
Isaiah 1:17 - Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.

Who are you talking to?

>Jesus
>Christian

he was part of the essenes, who strongly emphasized messianism, and saw himself as a Jew

>saw himself as a Jew
lol
no

still true

No because he wasn't real

>The gospels

Top kek, those are fanfiction written decades after the facts. Paul's letters are the real source of Christianity.