Why do people who study the humanities hate STEM?

Why do people who study the humanities hate STEM?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.au/url?q=http://aquadoc.typepad.com/files/prog_hum_geogr-2016_.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwicn4nk4sfOAhVLHpQKHTAnAEYQFggaMAU&usg=AFQjCNF4aOHyBAwl0GKqykxH5xNTofG_qQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this a typical attitude?

Jesus
Fucking
Christ
I want off this planet already

>that first part

holy fucking shit i couldn't write anything this funny if my life depended on it i am fucking DYING

universal education was a mistake

I dont know what the fuck is going on in either pictures. What the fuck does feminism have to do with anything thats discussed.

Really makes you think

I want to read this paper

No shit. One only has to spend two hours reading twitter to realize most people really shouldn't be allowed to learn to read and write.

google.com.au/url?q=http://aquadoc.typepad.com/files/prog_hum_geogr-2016_.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwicn4nk4sfOAhVLHpQKHTAnAEYQFggaMAU&usg=AFQjCNF4aOHyBAwl0GKqykxH5xNTofG_qQ

:^)

>"Feminist post-colonial science studies"

The second our species has functioning warp drive technology, and I have sufficient funding to commission my own ship, I'm getting the hell out of this solar system.

>warp drive technology
>literally raping universal constants

umm trigger warnings please

>the end of Interstellar when Anne Hathaway is stranded on a planet with all her clones and she gets to build her own civilization from the ground up

I'm so fucking jealous there is literally not a thing greater or more magnificent that one human could do or achieve

It's more like screwing the speed of light's slutty cousin space-time, but she can't do anything about it.

I don't think you were paying attention to the end of Interstellar.

I don't care, that movie wasn't very good and my point still stands

I'm just saying, man.

Cooper and the rest of surviving humanity were en-route to the habitable planet at the end. Don't get all pissy because you have the story comprehension of a frat bro who stares at his phone for half the movie.

oh look everybody we got a cinema buff over here

Nolan is one of the all time greats amiright buddy

feminists confirmed for old school shitposters.

I haven't made any judgement on the quality of the movie.

You're just getting assmad because you can't process factual details of a basic plotline.

Obviously this is all nonsense and every intelligent person can see it. I am pretty sure the authors knew that, or at least they thought something else was important than the truth.

So what is the real reason for all this? Is it some meta thing like "lol I am questioning things as concrete as science and provoking debate"? If so I have never seen an after-report or an analysis of people's reactions, just more rhetoric.

I think partly they do believe in the post-modern materialist dialectic, that most things in our minds are the product of race/class/gender relations and materialistic concerns. They believe beliefs which spring from observations of the material world are tainted by it and if a particular idea isn't oppressive in any way, that it is linked to oppression or that it is weak minded to value something that sprung from the material world as opposed to their purer abstract ideas.

They remind me of the cathars and bogomilist dualists who believed the physical world was evil and that they must reject it.

Failed communist utopias and the nirvana fallacy also spring to mind, the result of placing an abstract utopia above real world concerns. Conversely (actual) authorities often do the opposite, claiming they must go against certain values for practical reasons.

Maybe there is a shared psychology behind all this.

I'm very sorry that nobody cares about your shitty movie Christopher