Mix

How come people say nationalism is stupid while worshipping their bloodline like a god?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lHZQXNe2HpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nationalism=/=ethnicity

If you find people saying that then they are wrong

it's not just white people

if you're proud of being a caucasian you have literally nothing else going on in your life so you need to build your self-esteem on things your ancestors did and to which you won't ever contribute to in any meaningful way

/thread

Although I'd say this goes for being "proud" of being part of any race

I don't get Mexican nationalists.

>Fucking whitey euros keeping us Aztecs down!
>Gets leftover land from that was claimed by Spain and was fucking worthless
>Fucking gringo Americanos that's right mehican land and my ancestors lived there for thousands of years

pride is stupid

race, nationality, and gender are all completely arbitrary

Fucking racist.

Everything is arbitrary

Ayy

In some south american countries is even more stupid.

>hurr fuck the spanish they stole everything
>btw fuck the indians too, we have nothing to do with that people

This.

Embrace non-rationality.

being a half-breed kinda does that

What about Argentina? I think they genocided the natives their and got rid of them. That's why Argentina is like 93% white.

>all nationalists think the same

Nowadays I feel arbitrary nationalism is the only thing keeping us from world peace.

>you know why don't we just share the land together and not have war
>BECAUSE MUH CLAY!

ehmmm no
And they didn´t genocide all natives, just warrior tribes. There are plenty of natives.

that and capitalism

Yeah, that's why there was more tension between Chile and Argentina when foreign-backed pro-free market dictators were in power as opposed to the strong friendship they had during the nationalist presidencies of Ibáñez del Campo and Perón.

capitalism despite its faults is the fist that's stepping up on the globalist game so it's kinda helping world peace.

>capitalism
>stepping up on the globalist game
You can't be THIS ideologically illiterate.

Jesus Christ.

Globalism is capitalism wielded by the banking class to the detriment of working and middle class.

Communism is pointless utopia that can never be reached or subversive means of population control that destroys culture, tramples people and dignity and impoverishes everyone

I was waiting for the *ring ring*

and religion
and money
and sex
and fucking human nature for that matter

fuck you guys you're dumb

If it's nationalism based on ideals and principles, I'm g with it (America vs Russia cold war era)

If it's nationalism based on "I'm X we wuz X" it's fucking retarded.

Applies for whites, blacks, asians etc.

Being proud of who you are "Hey, I'm fine being a straight cis gendered white male" etc. that's fine.

Saying that it makes you better than others isnt.

>the Cold War was about nationalism
The Cold War was about two globalist ideologies opposing each other for the control of the world.

Same ends, different means.

That's my point, it was nationalism based on IDEOLOGY.

I was making reference as to the sort of nationalism that was being used DURING that time.

youtube.com/watch?v=lHZQXNe2HpQ

this is a retarded gay liberal talking point that makes no fucking sense

>my great great grandfather was a hero in the civil war
>my great grandfather built his own business from nothing

>WOW FUCKING LOSER LOL!

It makes no sense what you are saying. Its just some stupid bullshit you and other idiots parrot all the time and you've done it so much that you think its "smart"

if you really feel the need to precise "caucasian" i'll assume you're not any better than /pol/ desu

That doesn't even make sense.

The Soviet Union was a multi-national state.

>and fucking human nature for that matter

t. nationalist

>you have too be proud of your ancestry too be a nationalist.
i whant my people and culture too keep existing in the future but i don't go around and take pride in it.

there is literally nothing wrong with wanting self determination.
fuck off Soros

I always find it funny when morons actually believe that. Stay off Veeky Forums until you're 18 lad.

Not the guy you replied to, but he's correct.

Pride is reserved for things you have achieved. You shouldn't feel pride because people who happen to share your physical characteristics have done something impressive. I don't see how you can disagree.

Would you seriously not be proud if your dad got a medal from the president? Or if your son got first place in the science fair? They're not your achievements.

No. I would be impressed and glad, etc, but I wouldn't dream of counting their achievements as my own.

Not that guy but I don't think you know what being proud means

both are retardet and a sing of insecurity

Pride is feeling satisfaction over your own achievements, qualities or possessions. How do you define it?

>I'm not a loser! My great grandfathers did cool stuff...

No, you are a loser. You've done nothing yourself.

this kills the /pol/

I don't think so.

People who make their race their identity have no identity at all.

It's cool to remember them but to be proud of what you didn't even fucking do just shows you haven't done enough.

How about the being prideful of the things you inherited?
You inherited the language of your parents and their parents and many people before that who defined their tribe by that language, keep it in honour.
You got inherited a land you life in which is seen as natural because there were people who fought and struggled before you so you could have this privilege.
You inherited a habits and rites and ways of thinking which you may not even be fully aware of because they have been ingrained in you and your parents and their parents and many other generations who slowly shaped these traits.

Wouldnt it be an insult to these things that were given to you if you werent at least prideful enough to pass them to your children?

Bloodlines are one of many possible routes to escaping the lack of identity created by the chaotic causal forces of modernity and the coexistence of multiple shards of multiple traditions.

It's easily the worst and least interesting given that, if one looks far back enough, one finds not only that they are as Barbarian as they are Greek, so to speak, but that Barbarians and Greeks were even the same people at one point.

It's much better to look at things like language, music, literature.

In the most immediate, the problem is he, and people like him, don't think inheritance should be a thing. When you die, the government should take all of your money and put it to its own ends. Your children should not get a cent, nor any land or possessions.

This is of course a completely fucking stupid view to hold, but he doesn't notice it. His entire worldview has been shaped by forces larger than him in order to badger him into being an identityless cog in a vast machine. Any identification, pride, or happiness, or purpose is detrimental to what his """"""betters"""""" wish to use him for.

It's not that he merely disagrees with you about what is good and what is bad, it's that he's been taught to think that good IS bad.

>Wouldnt it be an insult to these things that were given to you if you werent at least prideful enough to pass them to your children?
It's really something completely funny to be afraid of insulting some idea without feelings.

Also the non-inheritance has always interested me especially in terms of capitalism. Free market is often supposed to be a fair game where you get what you work for. Or so is it promoted by many people who often blame the poorest for their own downfall. The main problem here is inheritance of not only ideas but pure money. There exists no fairness in it and further separates people into classes with no upward mobility since it's both easier to make money the more of it you have and your son doesn't actually have to make money at the same rate as you did to stay wealthy, he just needs not to lose it.

Other than that you have some /pol/ tier conspiracy shit in your post about my self-shaped opinion.

“Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”
-Schopenhauer

Of course it's not just whites doing it.

>if you're a proud leftist you have literally nothing going on in your life so you need the government to siphon resources from superior people to yourself

>ideas without feeling

But they make you feel and give you guidance, similar to how religion does in some ways.
Your idea of "fairness" or about what is right and what is wrong is not a sentient being with feelings either, but you add a value to it and give your manmade morality a weight by caring for and defending it.

Im not that guy who was angry at communism, but why shouldnt it be fair for an individual to transfer the fruits of his labour which he values to another one of is preference whom he thinks deserves it/is able t continue it?
You find stupid richkid that blow out money it never earned but you also find well educated heirs to money who use it responsible and add to its value in ways others could not.

And if that bugs you, think about what violence and control would be needed to hinder people to give marketshares or their field to their offspring, All the religions from proselytizing their youth and identities to be held.

Absolutely false
Nationalism refers to culture
Ethnicity implies culture and language

Nationalism is the pride of your ethnicity

I value ideas as a guidelines on interactions with physical world. A harm of an idea in itself isn't something evil. It's only evil if the harm on the idea harms real human or maybe even not human beings.
>Im not that guy who was angry at communism, but why shouldnt it be fair for an individual to transfer the fruits of his labour which he values to another one of is preference whom he thinks deserves it/is able t continue it?
Because it makes capitalism unfair and shapes it into caste system where people are rich for being born in the right family alone, not really much different from pure racial segregation and the like.
>You find stupid richkid that blow out money it never earned but you also find well educated heirs to money who use it responsible and add to its value in ways others could not.
Poor kid stupid with money will have hellish life while a well educated person without starting wealth will most likely become middle class at best baring genius level cases or stroke of incredible luck. Just because a person who can jump gets to jump with a pole doesn't mean it's unfair for the person jumping without one.
>And if that bugs you, think about what violence and control would be needed to hinder people to give marketshares or their field to their offspring, All the religions from proselytizing their youth and identities to be held.
Of course there are always problems with actual realizations of even fair ideas. It might not require violence though. Largely it's infeasible to perform and currently I think society is better off caring about people living below poverty line and slightly above first and then equality, but the idea of inheritance has always struck me as such even since somewhere around middle school maybe.