Noko

new to/o/.
got my first car a couple of weeks ago. did i do good?
also 80s car thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/80s-mercedes-4
youtube.com/watch?v=Vm5auKDPoSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>saloon

should have got a coupe

was thinking about it, but coupes are usually either in shit condition or really expensive

I don't think there was a 190 coupé.

Nice car, OP. You did good.

this not an 190 (w201), its an e 230 (w124)

w201 are smaller

It's not a 190

Coupes hold their value better, and are generally better cars. They also have a 'classic benz' image rather than a 'poor man' image.

W124 is a good car though

i agree, but i am a poor man (phd student) and i dont have a garage. no point in buying a mint condition benz to let it rot outside

ill post more 80s/90s benz

the pinnacle of mass produced german cars

wipers for headlights are awesome

A fellow near me is quite an w124 and w123 fan, I have seen him in a w123 turbo diesel coupe, a w124 convertible, w124 turbo diesel wagon, and w124 hamma time.

>80s mercedes

My man

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/track/80s-mercedes-4

usually i go with stuff like this in my benz

youtube.com/watch?v=Vm5auKDPoSY

Looks like its in nice condition.
What engine?

'87 230 e

I rarely see the older ones with the narrow rubber strip around anymore.
Are you planning on getting a Historic plate for it?

I have a 92 200E and an 89 250D

yup, the second generation with the bold plastic boards are way more common. i guess because they were sold more often.. also the first gen had some issues with motor parts that were too weak. on the other hand, the second generation tends to have rust under the plastic covers

how does the 89 compare to the 92? is the 92 more luxurious? i heard the seats are better

and maybe i will get a historic plate, i am not sure yet if it actually makes sense. also i am not really confident i will get one, some parts are not original (i just got a new pioneer radio with USB/AUX which doesnt really match the interior)

Good thing is that by now any motor issues should have been taken care of.

Both of mine have the same MB-Tex light grey "Taxi" seats with the long vertical "Baguette" pleats.

The later E-Class model from 93-96 has more modern door cards and seats similar to those of the W210.

The only options the 92 has over the 89 is both mirrors are electric, an "EC" economy mode for the A/C, and a sunroof.
The 89 has an option that allows you to power down/up all the windows from the front door locks or the trunk.
Not sure if the 92 has this. It may not even be an optional feature.

89 pictured

Also, regarding the seats.
The 93+ ones look nicer and more modern.
They look more like leather than the older generation too, and its difficult to tell they are vinyl.

As usual for Mercedes, they are harder than the average leather seat. The result is less fatigue on longer drives.

The older seats are just as hard, and provide the same support, but also have those soft baguette shaped pleats which make short rides and long rides both ultra comfy.