Was he right?

Was he right?

>mfw some romeaboo cosplayer wants to turn the future of the human race to slavery

IQ Rank

Mr House
Elder Macnamara
Caesar
NCR president

There's literally nothing wrong with slavery

When you're not a slave.

what about cannibalism

Thanks for making this thread OP, now I can unleash my autism.

>conquor small tribes and teach them how to genocide
>keep a policy of illiteracy so only a selected elite has access to knowledge
>outlaw drugs and modern medicine so only the strongest of the warriors survive
>doesnt apply 2 me lol ::Dddd
>cosplay as roman so hard every dumb shit thinks I'm the son of Mars because theyre illiterate savages
>heir is a ruthless moron with retard strength who only knows zerg tactics
>I'm a Hegelian dialectician ;)

Yeah nah it's bound to fail, Lanius would be a shit leader, after he dies, or maybe even during his lifetime, rebellions and disputes would rise. It's a good plan if you want to be a dictator and retain control til your death, it's fucking shit if you have long term plans. By his dialectic the Legion would adopt the positive aspects of the NCR over time, but this is fucking retarded because such elements would spurr the aforementioned rebellions, especially when he has that retard on the throne after him, causing more instability which he wanted to avoid. In short it's a bad investment.

fuck off theoretical ethics is fun, especially in a well written universe.

t. romanus quibius

>Cyber Ron Paul 3000

>post yfw the Legion reforms into a republic after Caesar and the Praetorian Guard are massacred by a coup by slaves, and become rivals to the NCR in the Mojave

From a philosophical and pragmatic stand point yes.

Yes. The wasteland is an utter barbaric shithole, and its feeble attempts at rebuilding democracy are doomed to fail. What it needs is a ruthless entity forcing everyone to adhere to the same system and to bring civilization to every corner of it, and then, and only then, can it begin to reform into something more advanced and civilized.

>implying it wouldnt just remain a tyrannical war machine even when the Legion defeats the NCR

>no father Elijah

Who gives a shit about IQ. The Great Khans were by far the coolest group, a bunch of biker tribals named after Mongols who brew drugs and shiet.

they already had the NCR and other civilizations across the former US.

The Legion would implode before it could reach even half its goal. Its technophobic tendencies isn't going to help it survive either.

is the area surrounding vault 22 the Washington of New Vegas?

New Vegas.

It can stay that way only as long as there is new land to conquer. After that it will begin to transform.

NCR is a corrupt, ineffective oligarchy modeled after a failed system(USA in 2060-70s was a shithole)

>NCR is called NEW California Republic
>they know about the California Republic, but not the Romans

Well yes it's dumb, hypocritical and bound to fail and that for all of his dreams of thinking towards the future he was shortsighted as his empire will collapse when he dies.

I mean that's explicitly stated as such in the game itself.

I always assumed the Courier would take over from Caesar after his death.

>especially in a well written universe

a universe where savages living in tents wearing football gear and machetes pretending its 30 BC

go to war with a army where standard issue gear is a semi-automatic rifle across an open desert or fortified army bases, airports or the Hover dam.

what's the issue? both give about equal protection against bullets

Adding on to this, and discounting the NCR, there is also the BOS who use power armor and laser weapons.

>play New Vegas
>know more or less what the plot is just by osmosis and hearing my friends talk about it
>figure it's four factions:
>NCR has all the nicey-nice surface stuff that makes you instinctively like them, makes you feel at home with them and want to help them out
>but as you go through the game, you learn that their core is extremely rotten, they're floundering at trying to set real roots because they're just jury-riggings old-world shit (ideas & tech) without really communing with it, and they're actually grinding decent & free people beneath their boots as seedy imperialists
>is the comforting feeling of good old american/western civilization worth possibly propping up a corrupt, decrepit empire?
>house is the comfort of having a pre-savagery genius from the old world in charge of everything, a guy who can see past petty tribalism and get humanity back on track
>but he's an immortal tyrant, and a narcissistic egotist who would vaporize you the second you have a suggestion different from his
>is progress worth the cost of freedom?
>the legion is the opposite of the NCR, instead of being great at first blush but slowly realising that it's hideous, it's hideous at first blush and you gradually go "wow, these niggas are actually doing pretty well"
>every horrible thing about them is slowly eroded: the slaves are living free of violence and in rural communities, setting up viable mass agriculture that can set up a viable civilization within a few generations; the misogyny protects women from whoredom; and the savagery of the wastes is totally absent from legion lands
>is a new, viable start for post-apocalyptic humanity worth slavery and despotism? can ends justify means
>independent vegas is the "grey jedi" choice, where you say "fuck the NCR's sweet lies, fuck the legion's pessimism, fuck house's narcissism, people are doing fine on their own and i have faith in humanity's ability to self-determine!"

>think WOW what a COOL FUCKING GAME
>play it
>NCR has some mild corruption but is overwhelmingly filled with amazing, great, dedicated, soulful people who are clearly opposed to / oblivious of said corruption, even the imperialist thug rangers are just super swell guys trying to help people :^) everyone's just dandy :^) sleaze is the rare exception, not the underlying substrate :^)))))))
>legion has no ambiguity whatsoever, just nonstop HEHEHE I RAPE WOMAN AND PUT BABY IN OVEN, I MAKE OVEN ON, caesar isn't some "Means to an end >:( We have to do this for humanity" philosopher guy with Followers erudition, he's just a total bitch nigger cunt even to his best lieutenants and you want to shoot him in the face constantly
>independent vegas is HAHA U GET ARMY OF ROBOT. YOU BECOME (PRESUMABLY NON-INTERVENTIONIST?) DESPOT OF NEW VEGAS, BUT MOSTLY ROBOTS!, independence stuff totally understated
>house is the only one that sticks to his storyline silhouette but is totally understated as well
>never get to see real NCR fuckery
>never get to see real non-cartoony legion efficacy
>never get to be enticed by house's dreams for humanity, only some vagaries
>never get to have a libertarian "fuck all y'all" feeling when tinkering with faggot yes man, just feels like The Robot Ending
>great potential for amazing game, can clearly see the adumbrations and ghostly outlines of what they were going for on a deep narrative level
>none of it really feels present
>spend the entire game retconning shit in my head to be "what it was supposed to be"
>combat is fucking horrible bethsoft gamebryo garbage, infinitely cheeseable tensionless clunky garbage shit
>everything fucking suckkkkkkkssssssssssssss

IT'S LIKE FUCKING READING A TERSE EPITOME OF HAMLET WRITTEN BY A FUCKING RETARD

YOU CAN SEE THAT UNDERNEATH THIS RETARDED GARBAGE, THERE WAS ONCE A HAMLET, ONCE AN INFINITELY COMPLEX STRUCTURE JUST WAITING TO BE ACCESSED

AND INSTEAD, WE GET ASS TURDS: THE GAME

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the legion content we see in game about half of what it was supposed to be?

yes but everything is like that if you look closely

go through the game and imagine that the designers were sitting spitballing all the story and setting elements at a big round table, having fun

they were imagining it as 50 times deeper than it ended up being. they were imagining an isometric game, where the actual combat gameplay is like 10% of development and the other 90% is tiered quest scripting, immersion and atmosphere creation, lore, dialogue, etc.

new vegas was clearly supposed to be a planescape and it ended up being a freelancer. it's depressing as fuck to play it. you can feel the game's soul caged inside a gamebryo hellprison, begging to be destroyed.

No because as everyone rightly says the Legion will collapse once he dies, even lanius isn't strong enough to hold the Legion together. Too much of a personality cult around ceasar. Probably dissolve into warring legates trying yo hold power.

Bethesda rushes and dicked over the Devs pretty badly (the Legion is little more than Le bad guys XDDDD because Beth said they NEEDED to be the villains). The only thing the devs can be faulted for when it comes to the fact they were rushed by the executives is Ulysses.