Top 5 civilizations

I'm looking to arrange a list ordering the 5 greatest civilizations of recorded history. I'll be taking suggestions throughout the thread that may effect nomination and position changes. Please remember: this list is not exclusive to empires. Civilizations will be judged based on their accomplishments.
Without further adoo:

1. The Moors
2. The Egyptians before Alexander
3. Mali Empire
4. Songhai Empire
5. Axum Empire

Other urls found in this thread:

timbuktuheritage.org/people.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Timbuktu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamasheq_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Tamajeq_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawellemmet_language
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Putting Moors above Mali or Egypt,
>No Ethiopia

0/10

1. that pic is in Morocco, not Spain. It's Abderrahmane ben Hicham became a sultan.

2. He isn't black neither are moroccan, only their guard, called the black guard, aka sub-saharian slaves

3. Go fuck yourself

>>No Ethiopia

Axum you mong.

Moorish civilization is obviously far, far superior to "Mali"

if malian civilization was an atom, moorish civilization would be the univers.

Could anyone tell me if pic related is accurately captioned? Because it sort of looks like the new Manhyia Palace without a rooftop.

Islam pre Baghdad?

>3. Mali Empire

Just because a dozen of muhut villages decided to call themselves an empire doesnt mean they're great
The city of Venice could have conquered it in a day had it been aware of its existance

WE

No greeks/romans

>great
>only niggers and sand monkeys

This has to be bait

I see you fancy photoshop. Those shades don't match anything on the pallet. Let me ask you, what continent is Moorocco in..?

your mom's ass.

>t. white moroccan

>the city of Venice could have conquered it in a day had it been aware of its existance
>(...) Timbuktu soon became a center of trade, culture, and Islam; markets brought in merchants from Hausaland, Egypt, and other African kingdoms, a university was founded in the city (as well as in the Malian cities of Djenné and Ségou), and Islam was spread through the markets and university, making Timbuktu a new area for Islamic scholarship. News of the Malian empire's city of wealth even traveled across the Mediterranean to southern Europe, where traders from Venice (...) soon added Timbuktu to their maps to trade manufactured goods for gold.
>traders from Venice soon added Timbuktu to their maps to trade manufactured goods for gold.

Timbuktu was ruled by north african for most of it history, and it's more a north african city even today.

it's a shit irrelevant meme """civilization""" by any standards anyway

Dude op that list sounds spot on great thread

The list is not based on military power and size alone. If it were, the Moors would still be at the top for conquering Spain and the West. Just because the Mali were not a war hungry people trying to expand their borders, it doesn't mean they weren't great.
A white person living in America does not make them native to that land. Moroccans in modern times are a mix between Moors, French soldiers, and the Arab slaves of Moors.

>greatest
>civilizations
There is no way that you can make this thread that won't make it a bait thread. You could put any 5 civilizations there, and it would still be bait.

USA up to FDR's presidency.

Arab slaves of Moors

[citation needed]

I feel stupid for even trying to make a serious list a this point, but still.
1. Rome
2. Acheamid Persia
3. China (Han if I have to pick)
4. Classical Greece
5. 18th century France

Please provide examples why they should be there

Why no Greeks or Romans?

Meming aside hey did give the west the foundation for their civilization.

Why not western civillization in general either? Modern western civillization at that. You know, they reason why you're able to type anything on a computer to begin with.

Also the moors are probably lesser than just Islamic civillization in general.

The African ones just aren't they great either desu. They're neat, but they're empires weren't too impressive compared to others and maybe it's just me but I can't name any great breakthroughs in science/higher learning that they've contributed.

1: They're not niggers

Also no China and India. For why?

Don't know if that's true but your bias is showing user

Continuous strain of strong and genuine leadership (Jackson, Jefferson).
Unrivalled for its history, congruent to next point.
Consistently set out to and achieved its goals (overcame rebellion, manifest destiny etc).
Purchases of land (Louisiana, Alaska), ensured land, showed economic success, capability (early steel industry) between private and public sectors (current model epoch we have of economies of scale).
Successful face/proxy of global hegemonic build order.

Sorry if my facts hurt your feelings.

It's ok, we let you timbuktu if you want negros, but stay away from carthage or moorish or barbary pirats.

1. WE
2. WUZ
3. KANGS
4. AND
5. SHIT

1. Minoan
2. Mycenaean
3. Roman
4. Francia
5. Holy Roman Empire
6. Imperial Federation

your one nigger dick loving faggot aren't ya

First is USA USA

1: The Goths.
2: The Spanish.
3: The Byzantines.
4: The Britons
5: (not your favourite civilisation)
powergap
The Teutons
The Saracens

Those certainly are some strong attributes, but America was not without its faults. If we were to chronicle from the 13 colonies to mid 1950's America we would have to unearth several timeframes (usually decades or generations) where there was an uneasiness. Let's start with the slaughter of Native Americans. Land expansion against small nomadic tribes is really unethical and at times America just bought large chunks of land without the consent of those inhabiting it. Not to mention, the slave trade and antisemitism which has ran rampant to the end of the 20th century.

America on paper looks great, but when you add in the faults it just amounts to "good". I'd put it somewhere in the top 40-31 if you guys want me to release a full list. Thanks.
I'm actually white (German and Celtic). Your post reeks of ignorance and the lack of higher education. I'll be finishing up my B.A. in History next year at Howard. Can you say the same?
Carthaginians in Hannibals time were like to have been black. Only after France invaded the Maghreb did we start to see tan Arab people living there.

>maybe it's just me but I can't name any great breakthroughs in science/higher learning that they've contributed

Am I the only one who thinks the idea of contributing to society is kinda unfair for African civilizations? I mean there is no debate that very little has come from the African continent that influences our modern way of life but can we really expect it to? Africans were subjected to invading cultures for centuries even before colonization what with the Muslim "invasions." W. Af. culture has been described as having a tripartite heritage meaning it has a blend of near eastern, western, and native cultures. Many of the non-native cultural values are in opposition to the native values, however, so much so that some native institutions were stifled as to promote the foreign ones (ex. medicine and religion) do the innovations and systems created by the natives just disappear? absolutely not. Just because you don't directly use some form of ancient African ritual or knowledge doesn't mean that the millions living on that continent don't and that doesn't lessen its immediate impact on those that do.

One time for the white nigga at Howard

Oh, so you're baiting. Nice to know in advance.

couldn't care less, I was just pointing out how you were moving the goalpost

1. Third Reich
2. ???dunno lol
3. Strong serbia
4. Poland
5. Profit

Chances are we did learn a couple of things from them though.

>open hearth steelmaking

Aw shit.

If that had spread to Europe, that would have been great.

Unfortunately, in real life, it took until the 1860s for anyone to actually use that in Europe.

That's cool, but it didn't have any effect on Europe.

>3. Strong serbia
>not the actual name, Jugoslavia

timbuktuheritage.org/people.html

/pol/ please

>t. Historical revisionist /pol/fag

1. Rome
2. Greece
3. China
4. India
5. Sumer

>tombouctou
>not some old saharian north african city
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Timbuktu

lmao, tyrone pls. It was (and still is) not only north african city, but it was also irrelevant.

Tanzania have been regularily visited by merchants from East-Asia for more than 1000 years though, so I assume it's could have been transmitted in the process.
If you want stuff that had direct effects on Europe, agricultural products and medicines are quite obvious examples.

>have
has
>it's
it
ESL and tired af

Did Europeans deliberately avoid African cultural/ intellectual exports? Was there a presupposition that if it was African, it wasn't important or useful and unless you were decorating there was nothing that could be learned from the dark continent?

>Anybody who disagrees with me is black
/pol/ everybody

I know it's in North Africa but there isn't just one race in North Africa, using your logic pic related is an arab.

Even your garbage wikipedia article proves my point, Are you trying to say that the Mali Empire or the Songhay Empire wuz arab? Or that Tuareg people are arab?

Please reply with facts and not memes polluter.

>d-dude they wuz Arabs n shit
>t-take that Tyrone

Your historical revisionism doesn't do shit for you, stormfag

Look at the current population.

They are black. Timbuktu, wasn't just Arabs

>Tuareg people are arab?

Well they're certainly not niggers.

This is pretty good. I might kick out France for USA. USA is the first world power that truly dominated the globe. They seem declining now, but if USA lasts another century in the same place I'd actually rank them 2 or 3.

USA is really being tested now. If they win, they are really a model of a multi-ethnic, civic nationalism working withing a democracy long term. If they fall apart, it says bad things about the future of humanity, because I don't think China will be a kind master to other nations.

>pic related is an arab
Aren't you forgetting something user?

1. Rome
2. China (all of it, but the fracturing and foreign domination counts against it.)
3. British Empire
4. Persia (so much history, this could be number three too)
5. USA

Nice cherry-picking.

Wouldn't be too sure about that user

>vast majority of those are not black

Thanks for proving his point

What subhuman language is that? French?

You fucking faggot you forgot Ghana and nubia

>I googled Tuareg people and found one lightskin person so I'm going to post that and ignore the thousands of darker skinned Tuareg people
Yes yes well done polluter however en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamasheq_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Tamajeq_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamasheq_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawellemmet_language

>tuaregs
>not north african
>arma people
>not north africa mixed with euros
>moroccan empire
>not north african

kek

>Your post reeks of ignorance and the lack of higher education. I'll be finishing up my B.A. in History next year at Howard. Can you say the same?

This place just get better and better.

>language defines your race

Are you meming right now?

>American education

Your degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on, literally get a diploma from an European school if you don't want the entire planet to laugh at you.

Very caucasian looking : ~30%
Mixed looking : ~20%
Congoid looking : ~50%
Stop being so dishonest, it's impossible to have a proper discussion with you guys.

>7
>the vast majority
>All North Africans are one race
Holy shit polluters are stupid
>After the destruction of the Songhai Empire in 1591, the Moroccans settled into Djenné, Gao, Timbuktu and the larger towns of the Niger River bend. Never able to exert control outside their large fortifications, within a decade the expedition's leaders were abandoned by Morocco.
What was your point?
yup

Je t'encule à sec avec du gravier :^)

>Language is Afro Asiatic
>Countries with the highest Tuareg people-Niger,Mali (Both black)
>E1b1b is the most common paternal haplogroup among the Tuareg. Most belong to its E1b1b1b (E-M81) subclade, which is colloquially referred to as the Berber marker due to its prevalence among Mozabite, Middle Atlas, Kabyle and other Berber groups. It reaches frequencies of up to 100 percent in some parts of the Maghreb, and is dominated by its sub-clade E-M183. The clade is thought to have originated in North Africa around 14200 years ago.[63] Its parent haplogroup E1b1b is associated with Afro-Asiatic-speaking populations, and is believed to have arisen in the Horn of Africa.[64][65]

Besides E1b1b, Pereira et al. (2011) and Ottoni et al. (2011) observed that certain Tuareg inhabiting Niger and Libya carry the E1b1a haplogroup (see table above). This clade is today primarily found among Niger-Congo-speaking populations, which suggests that some Tuareg tribes in parts of Libya and Niger may have assimilated many persons of West African origin into their communities.[61][62] To wit, around 50% of individuals among the Al Awaynat Tuareg in Libya are E1b1a carriers compared to only 11% of the adjacent Tahala Tuareg. 89% of the Tahala belong instead to the E1b1b Tuareg founding lineage
>But none of that matters because he found a picture of a light skinned Tuareg
And you ask me if I'm memeing? Fuck off.
>If you have caucasian facial features then you're mixed even though those genes originated in the Horn of Africa
wew lad so Somalians are white now?

By European school you mean only British ones right?

Well aren't Somalians considered partly Caucasian? It's not like the terminology made so much sense in the first place anyway.

They aren't partly Caucasian they are Caucasian.

Moors aren't niggers you stupid nigger. Neither were Egyptians on the whole.
Back to atlantablackstar with ya. sage

Listen you dumb nigger. My ancestors lived in the same region/mountain since before Islam, and they speak an Afro-Asiatic language that is neither related to Arabic or Indo-European languages, nor does it have a substratum from Arabic. My mother has platinum blond hair and blue eyes and my skin is paler than most Europeans I meet in the US, and we have genealogical record for the past five hundred year with no Arab or European in it.
We came here in the epipaleolithic (with admixture with other people afterwards like proto-Berbers), that makes us as fucking native to our land in Northwest Africa as the NATIVE Americans are native in the Americas. This is genetically proven.
Now stop being a dumb nigger and consider that just because a landmass is connected doesn't mean it has to be inhabited by the same people. Africa is already connected to Eurasia.
And also consider that just because Nilotic and East African people may look like you doesn't mean they're the same as your nigger ancestors that got shipped to America for slave labour. Even the Yoruba for example are more related to all Eurasians than they are to the San bushmen because the bushmen broke away from the rest of us earlier. Population structure isn't determined by skin colour and Nubians aren't West African, if it was decided by shallow characteristics (like pigmentation or nappy hair or prognathism or whatever) then the people of the Andamanese islands who are an out of Africa Eurasian population wouldn't be closer genetically to a Han Chinese than to any African.
Regards, a different Berber than the one you responded to who's tired to dim witted Afrocentrist lunatics flooding every corner of the internet with their mental diarrhoea.

funny how hate can blind someone from the truth..well it's not funny, it's quite sad actually

Except they're not. At all.

Amazing thread.

Anyway:

1. Western
2. Greco-Roman
3. Chinese
4. Near Eastern
5. Egyptian
6. Mesopotamian
7. Indian
8. Mayan
9. Inca
10. Indus Valley

Taking pride in something you haven't done, or simply defending it, doesn't require a genetical relation.
Also,
>my mother has platinum blond hair and blue eyes and my skin is paler than most Europeans I meet in the US
You seem quite insecure

Funny you say that but Atlantablackstar has some really credible writers (several editors with PhD's). I was able to site it on papers a few times, so yeah