NEW CIV VI LEADERS LEAK

New list was leaked on a livestream. Thoughts anyone?
>inb4 leddit
>inb4 civillization

reddit.com/r/civ/comments/4ye255/did_they_accidentally_just_reveal_most_leaders/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgo,_Queen_of_Sparta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is exactly why you pirate video games instead of paying for AAA dreck.

>Philip II
>Pericles
>Trajan

I guess I'm buying it

Philip II of what ? Of France ? Of Spain ?

>Cleopatra for Egypt
>Saladin for Arabia

Fucking triggered

>Médicis for France

Macedon

The leader list would have been pretty good if they hadn't ruined France by making the leader a fucking Italian consort.

>The leader list would have been pretty good
>Egypt
>Cleopatra
>Saladin
>ARABia

I think Cleopatra is a decent choice even if they should have made a Ptolemaic civ instead.

why the fuck are the leaders so shitty this installment

Weee finally someone that isn't Caesar or Augustus for Rome

Yeah and let's put Alexander at the head of Persia.

Trajan is wau better than Augustus or Caesar

choosing phil 2 over alexander

He was lying, its Phillip II of Spain. Greece already has two leaders.

>Pedro II
Again? Vargas is better, come on now firaxis.

>Still no Alexios Komnenos for Byzantium
erry tim im cry

>Gandhi
Literally anyone besides Gandhi. Use fucking Chandragupta or anyone else for pete's sake

Gandhi is an inside joke in CIV now, he will be India's leader until they stop making these games.

Gorgo? Who's that and what civ would he lead?

Better list:

Inca - Pizarro
France - Pétain
Spain - Peter I
India - Sonia Gandhi
Egypt - Piye
Russia - Ivan V
Rome - Mussolini
Byzantium - Alexios V Doukas
England - King Arthur
Brazil - Tiririca
Finland - Genghis Khan
America - Gerald Ford
Arabia - Abu Bakr al Baghdadi

>Petain
Nah fuck that guy
>King Arthur
Dubious historicity, I'd go with Alfred
>Gerald Ford
zzzzzzzzz
>Baghdadi
Fuck, took me this long to realize you's trollin'. 8/10 good job

why?

nationality didn't matter you noob, not until close to the 20th century

Some Spartan queen who did absolutely nothing.

She was the wife of King Leonidas of Sparta.

Ah man, where are my OP koreans

I'd really appreciate some Lucius Junius Brutus action myself

Preempting the autism by saying Shakala

Literallt the reason the 100 years war started was because of nationality
>What is Scotland
>What is Ireland
>What is Russia
The natiinality meme has to die

Top notch/10.

Don't forget to include Cortez's concubine for the Aztecs, Wilhelm II for Germany, General Douglas MacArthur for Japan, and Emperor Hirohito for Korea.

>Ivan V
Are you autistic?

>Rome
>Mussolini
Kek.

notice how none of your examples are arabia or egypt?

King Arthur
>English
surely you mean Wales?

Get triggered you dumb french fucks.
Caterina de Medici saved your wrecked country in its darkest hour, when people were killed left and right and none had the leverage to claim the throne. You should be grateful she has been chosen as leader of France, instead of the same old boring Nappy.

>two greek leaders

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

But but... She didn't lead shit.

Who the fuck is Gorgo?

I don't normally like to blame things like SJW's for this shit, but I'll make an exception here.

>gorgo
>one of the most patriarchal cultures in history
>female leader

Fucking disgusting.

aperently, a Godzilla rip-off

Bleh, only Victoria can even be considered a cutie among the civ 6 female leaders.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgo,_Queen_of_Sparta

probably this

> mfw Hardrada's in the game
Other than getting blown the fuck out at Stamford Bridge he was a pretty cool guy. Favourite viking.

>one of the most patriarchal cultures in history

Sparta was probably the least patriarchal of the Greek states

what are you on about?

You'd have a point if the male leaders weren't also depicted the same way. It's literally just a stylistic choice, like Civ IV.

no you numale fucking cuck

males aren't supposed to be attractive, females fucking are as us vidya players are fucking males and we demand that developers actually fucking realsie that instead of pandering to sjws

The sad part about all this is that I can't tell if that's a joke or not anymore.

The entire existance of Spartan women was about giving birth just like other greek women. Spartans just wanted their women to be fit.

Because Spartan men spent much of their time living in barracks or at war, Spartan women were in charge of the household.[30] When the men were not stationed they were preoccupied with training, and remained separated from their homes, leaving the women to completely dominate the household. This is why socially and politically women managed and led the community.[31] Due to this Aristotle was critical of Sparta, claiming that men were ruled by women there, unlike in the rest of Greece.[32] Aristotle also criticised Spartan women for their wealth. He attributed the state's precipitous fall during his lifetime, from being the master of Greece to a second rate power in less than 50 years, to the fact that Sparta had become a gynocracy whose women were intemperate and loved luxury.[33]
All Spartan women, not just the richest, would have taken advantage of helot labour to perform the domestic tasks that elsewhere in Greece would have fallen to free women.[34] Activities such as weaving which were considered women's work elsewhere in Greece were not considered fit for free women in Sparta.[35] Therefore, women were more preoccupied with governance, agriculture, logistics and other sustenance tasks.

>women get to spend all the money when the men aren't home

xD epic burn

Eh, Pedro looks pretty like him actually, at least when he was young.

T R A J A N
R
A
J
A
N

Buying it tbhlads

No you fucking cuck, that was their duty to the state but it wasn't their whole lives. Spartan women basically ran the economy and managed the day-to-day affairs of the household, they were famously free spirited and unopressed, especially when compared with any other Greek state.

Top meming

Civ V Female Leaders
>Theodora - good
>Wu Zetian - good
>Catherine - good
>Isabella - good
>Elizabeth - good
>Boudicca - okay
>Maria I - bad
>Maria Theresa - bad
>Dido - myth

Civ IV
>Isabella - good
>Victoria - okay
>Jadwiga - okay
>Tomyris - okay, accomplishments possibly myth
>Cleopatra - bad
>Catherine de' Medici - bad
>Gorgo - why

Same amount of bad, much less good.

>victoria - okay

>Maria Theresa - bad
>Boudicca - okay

She was just a figurehead. I guess she was culturally important.

>Maria Theresa
I'll admit I don't know shit about her, but wasn't she repeatedly screwed over by Prussia?

>Boudicca
There's not a lot of choice when it comes to Iron Age Celts. Brennus would have been better.

>A man
>Better

>Wu Zetian
>Boudicca
>Good

>Wu Zetian
She's widely regarded as great by everyone but Confucian scholars.

>Boudicca
I said she was okay. Celts are a non-civilization so you can't expect anyone especially great. Brennus would have been the best choice.

which one?

>Tomyris
>Catherine the Wog
>Gorgo
>Cleopatra
>Firaxis already scratched the bottom of the barrel and exhausted all relevant female leaders in the previous games
>resolve to Wewuzing for women
Excluding Cleo, tho she's still a shit choice for Egypt, for many reasons.

Anyway, I'll repost my idea from the previous /4xg/ thread about civ 6:
>replace Tomyris with a real historic Scythian leader instead of taking Herodotus "Giant Ants" Halicarnassus's late account
>replace Peter I with Catherine again to fill in woman quota and give her Pedro's GP ability (since they glossed over her push for Russian Enlightenment in civ 5)
>replace Brazil with Gran Columbia with Simon Bolivar as its leader

Yeah I know Gran Columbia was short lived and failed, but it and its leader played a major role in shaping South America. If anything it would be a fresh civ+an extravagant historical personality, just what the devs were looking for.

>she was okay

>replace Tomyris with a real historic Scythian leader instead of taking Herodotus "Giant Ants" Halicarnassus's late account

I want to reply properly but I'm tired of debating with /int/tards

you're a big fucking gaylord mate

there is barely any record of her

actually, if you have something of value to contribute, please do

Was anyone really giving Saladin shit in his time for being a kurd? It's not that big of a deal it's just a little boring at this point.

yeah I don't think it's that critical in his case, he was culturally Arabic and led well

No one gives shit to any English leaders, tho they're all basically German and Dutch bloodlines.

>gorgo

wat le fugg
if she's the greek one, i'm going to rampage

>giving up on the monkey market
no one's ever going to replace brazil

but they should put Vargas instead
or Tiradentes

>if she's the greek one

I hate it when historically illiterate people pretend to be outraged

Couldn't you see Pericles? You have Thucydides, right?

Salah-a-din is an honorary Arab

>ISIS brahs will play against the Cross

>Finland - Genghis Khan
kek

>accidentally

They successfully generated hype for their game, well played marketing department.

Sis felicior Augusto, melior Traiano

Get in here and pay respects to your ancestors!

Saladman is no idol for ISIS

i literally stopped reading at her to shitpost

but city-state civs?
that doesn't really make much sense

He's probably already being revised to be a conqueror of the Cross

Have you seen the most recent issue of Dabiq

neither does having Brennus lead all celts

or having Gilgamesh (who lead a city-state)

but still, at the time of Pericles, the Athenian Empire was in existence

Fuck off republican baby

If you re BR, you are really stupid if you think vargas is better

I really miss 2d leader portraits.

Nothing more immersion breaking than someone slapping the camera or something. This is diplomacy, if you slap me around we go to war you antsy fuck.

It's not that he is Kurdish that is a problem. Saladin led in a time where Muslim world was extremely factionalised, there was no unity, no Arabia just 4 Muslim factions without ethnic definitions.

So when you start with an ethnic concept of unity, Arabia and put a Kurdish leader from a time where Muslim world was divided into 4 major and 3 minor factions, it's fucking retarded.

Sparta? Of all the greek cities why did they have to pick the meme one? Why pick Sparta when you could have Epirus or Macedon?

>Mvemba a Nzinga
Literally who?

An Angolan kwueen n shiet

Anna Nzinga is the Angolan Queen you fucking moron, Mvemba a Nzinga is a Kongolese King.