Russophilia Thread

Time to talk about Russian culture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4Rs-Qg2F274
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why don't Russians buy rounds?
t. Bartender

We buy a bottle instead if we need a lot of booze for a whole group.

That's called a carry out
If you ask us to give you a massive bottle of drink to take to your table we'll tell you no.

Facts unknown to the average normie ; Russia is a federation with many islamic and asiatic shithole ''republics''.Not to mention moscow has the biggest muslim population in europe,if russia is actually europe.

Good literature and beautiful women though.

Nobody objects to it in bars in Russia, though.

Interesting

Why are autocracies so prevalent in Russian history?

Strong centralized state is necessary to protect the country from external threats and internal feuds.

It's unfortunate that Russia and the US have so many competing interests now. I just wish we could be space bros and explore the solar system together.

Can anyone recommend non-fiction about Russia post-Crimean war but pre-1917?

Honestly speaking, Russia wasn't even that bad. There exist pretty significant minority of modern minded exceptional people, who are interesting, competent and intelligent.

Can someone explain why Russian people are so cynical to people in power but believe in whatever main guy says and loyal to him?

Read Massie's biography of Catherine the Great recently, it was really good. That book is the extent of everything I know about Russian history, and it made me interested in learning more. I already have his Peter the Great book, I'll be reading that eventually, I'm a little burned out on history atm.

>mfw Peter III

I am a murrican and I just visited Russia and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked their food. I also wish they did a better in some of their museums with historical accuracy. In the Red Army museum in Moscow any display that had Nazi relics displayed were in this overly bright, red light which just fucked up the displays.

They are used to the idea that fucking with however in charge is a bad idea.

Far less people than you'd think buy the propaganda.

If Trump gets in charge, we maybe friends again ever since the early 1900s. Too bad the Bolsheviks ruined everything tho.

Pic related, fucking smug Karl Marx. I wish he was killed before he made gommunism a thing.

I feel like communism as a concept would have been created eventually. Things would have gone differently for sure though.

Without Lenin it wouldn't be that retarded as it was specifically ad hoc to Russia idea to force commie party into agrarian state or something like this. As a basic idea it isn't that bad, just retarded counter progressive implementations ruins it.

Communism was supposed to be created in an already flourishing, modernized economy. So Imperial Russia that was just getting on the industrialization was not the time or the place to do it. It may be the solution to many problems in the future when technology advances further.

Here's a vintage cartoon which I think is about the Battle of Kullikovo against the Mongols
youtu.be/4Rs-Qg2F274

Especially since it's so goddamn big... Need lots of authority to keep that thing from blowing up

Why the fuck are Russians on imageboards so strange and cynical?

For one, if you so much as say the Soviet Union was 'good', they'll jump down your throat and cry about how awful it actually was. But then if you say it's better today, they'll gang up on you and talk shit about how much better it was during Soviet times and how bad the 90s were.

They like trolling educated Westerners like you.

Russians are cynical in general. Remember that they jumped from one revolution to another when new ruler always said that previous ruler was the most bullshit thing ever existed. So they doesn't really trust anybody. It is like a modus operandi.

I want a Russian husbando who will cuddle me in his carpeted commie-block and tell me "ye tebye lyubleh" :33

Cynical, yes. The main guy right now has a good foreign policy. Nobody takes everything he says at face value except diehard idiots. Doesn't mean we cant support him in some aspects. There is also permeating belief that the western media is biased against him and tries to weaken his regime in order to weaken Russia. Given certain modern historical examples of regime change in many countries this seems at least somewhat justified. However at the same time it allows the Russian government more opportunity to go unchecked. Therefore it is both a blessing and a curse.

Because as it so happens some Russians have differing opinions on different topics. On the whole it's better today, however there is a better way to do things than what happened during Yeltsin and even then what's happening now. There were ways the SU could have been improved too.

I want a Russian qt to dominate me and sexually molest me.

Russia in general seems like Could Be Better The Country.

Why do Russians offer you shit in their houses?

>"oh, you like painted egg? here, take. Is gift.

And why do they always frown at strangers?

Oh, and how come Russians drag ass before going on a trip? Bitch, we packed everything why are you vodka drinking niggers sitting quietly for?

I wanna be 11 again and get molested one last time by my nurturing big sister type russian babbysitter

So lucky.

That's hot