Aryan Master Race

If there were to be a masterrace can we all agree it would be the Indo Europeans ("aryans")?
These motherfuckers turned into
>Hellenics (Greeks)
>Italics (Romans)
>Germanics (Anglos, Norse, and more)
>Celtics
>Iranic (Persians)
>Indo-Aryan (North Indians, not the poo-in-loos but the Empire ones)
seriously, this macroethnic group has a stranglehold on western successes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_mythology#Persian_influence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion#Mythology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages
youtube.com/watch?v=6S3v_ytPcGU
youtube.com/watch?v=Gipxn_-dOQU
youtube.com/watch?v=iGxd9Jxye04
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i forgot Slavs, there's so damn many I'm forgetting them

also
>inb4 "WE WUZ" posting

Only Indians referred to themselves as aryans, and only very early on.

Indians were literally one of the last branches of indo european.

So you can't apply the term anachronisticly to any other branches like hellenic or Celtic or anatolian or what have you.

ah, oh well.
It'd be nice to have a more natural title for this group, Indo-European sounds stale and uneventful.
Is there no truth to various meanings of "Arya" being used for status symbols among these societies?

No, no truth to it. If anything it could he considered a development of the final stage of proto-Indo-European, since the word is also used by Iranians but not as an enthnonym.

Definitely no evidence for it in anatolian, Greek, or italic, which represent the 3 previous stages of proto-Indo-European.

And Indo-European is a fine name. The family spans from the Indian sub continent to Europe. What more can you ask for in a name?

The parallels between the Celtic hero Cu Chulainn and Persian hero Rostam are pretty astounding.

>There are some similarities between the legends of Rostam and those pertaining to the great Irish hero Cúchulainn. They both defeat a ferocious beast as a very young man, slay their sons in combat (Rostam and Sohrab, a motif also found in the Lay of Hildebrand), are virtually invincible in combat, and are murdered by treachery while killing their murderer on their last breath.[2]

>Definitely no evidence for it in anatolian, Greek, or italic, which represent the 3 previous stages of proto-Indo-European.
There's Irish aire "freeman, noble"
Hittite Hit arā- ‘member of one’s own group, peer, friend’
Lycian arus- ‘citizens’
Runic arjosteR arbijano "most noble heir"

>Germanics (Anglos, Norse, and more)
Do you want to make another why Germanics are crybabies thread?

>>Germanics (Anglos, Norse, and more)
>Do you want to make another why Germanics are crybabies thread?

One of my goals in life is to read most of the major Indo-European epics. I'm almost done with the Shahnameh of the Persians. Afterwards, I'll read the The Táin of the Irish and then Ramayana of the North Indians. Eddas of the Norse next.

I've also heard that King Arthur has some cognates in Persian folklore.
These similarities are to be credited to the Gauls in Anatolia + common origin, right?

None of which are enthnonyms though,and none of which really describe status. Just membership in the group. The word took on new meaning in the last phase of pie and that new meaning can't be retroactively applied to older cultures.

Best of luck to you, abd furthermore, I'd like to read many of these myself.
Where do you read these at?

What does Anatolia have to do with Iran?

>implying Turkey and Azerbaijan is Turkic

its a shame lad, but the T*rkics won that battle

Iranics were all over central asia and id figure Anatolians would have contact with them

>Where do you read these at?
I typically buy them, but I also use #bookz to get a lot of books:
>Obtain a working IRC chat client like HexChat or XChat that allows the user to transfer files.
>Connect to the irc.undernet.org server through that chat client.
>Upon connection, find and enter the channel #bookz.

You can get a lot of books in IRC that you can't get from torrenting.

This might be right, but Anatolian people mostly remained the same (Greeks, Georgians (Laz), Armenians etc.).

>Unironically using "Aryan" to call every Indo-European cunt under a blanket term.
>Indo-Europeans
>Single Identity
WE WUZ ONE RACE N SHIET
WE WUZ ADVANCING CIVILIZATION N SHIET
WE WUZ ONE IDENTITY N SHIET

>Armenians
Armenians and Persians had a lot of relationships, and the Armenian Indo-European myths were heavily influenced by Persian Zoroastrianism. That could be one reason.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_mythology#Persian_influence

A lot of these themes such as chivalry, honor, and even cool dragons can be traced back to original Proto-Indo-European religion.

Practically all Indo-European myths have these themes:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion#Mythology

Don't comment on subjects you don't have much knowledge on.

You sound butthurt for some reason. Aryan is perfectly fine. You don't get to dictate what is more politically correct term here, since this is not reddit, tumblr or fb. In other words, STFU.

>astounding parallels
They're generic popular topoi found in literally any culture.

>young hunter hunts predatory animal
>son challenges father over leadership of tribe, dies
>treachery
>justice against traitors through the betrayed
So original.

(Me)
As a matter of fact I tend to use Indo-European rather than Aryan for more accuracy but I'll start to use Aryan more just to trigger homosexuals like this failed abortion here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages

The Proto-Indo-Europeans from Southern Russian steppes spread both their languages and myths. I don't see what's do difficult to understand.

>So you can't apply the term anachronisticly to any other branches like hellenic or Celtic or anatolian or what have you.

/pol/ BTFO for all eternity

>waaaaah, waaaah, political correctness! You're an evil outgrouper, if you insist on using a coherent terminology actually used in the sciences, rather than my meme terms!

"Ārya", in Vedic India, almost certainly just referred to anyone who lived properly according to the sensibilities of the time and place, which for the most part meant anyone who performed the Vedic rituals as expected. More of a term for coreligionists than ethnic designation, in all probability, though they'd likely have thought of it more as meaning "someone who does shit right", since humans just running around the world not bothering to perform basic sacrificial rites was a serious threat to the order of the cosmos according to that paradigm.

As far as the master race thing goes, I'll say this much: contributions to the actual gene pool by any influx of Indo-European-language-speaking migrants in these areas were not significant enough to justify the statement that they "turned into" any of them. Most of what singles out Europeans genetically was already floating around our breeding grounds at the time of Lascaux, and the influx into the continent of Neolithic farmers out of Anatolia (who may very possibly have spoken long-extinct and undocumented Afro-Asiatic languages) even made more of a genetic impact than the migrants who brought the Indo-European languages into Europe.

Neither of these are remotely accurate by any standard of histiography later than the First World War or so. No half-educated person calls any people "Indo-Europeans". There are "Proto-Indo-European speakers", who most likely existed in the Pontic-Caspian steppe in the mid-4th millennium B.C., probably never had a population size exceeding a few thousand, and whose language and homeland had long since faded from all memory by the time the first Proto-Indo-Iranian speakers were riding around Central Asia.

Only indo-iranian groups identified as aryans. Indics literally called themselves aryans. And Iranians called their language and home aryan.

Nobody else used the word to describe themselves.

How, then, do you justify calling all Indo-Europeans 'aryan'? Take your germanic retardation to stormfront

I actually never said that there wasn't a divergent evolution of the Indo-European languages and myths. All I said was that the "astounding parallels" you presented as an example are so popular in human cultures, they might as well have stemmed from a convergent evolution. I don't see what was so difficult to understand there.

I'll use it just to trigger the likes of you.

> I'll say this much: contributions to the actual gene pool by any influx of Indo-European-language-speaking migrants in these areas were not significant enough to justify the statement that they "turned into" any of them.
But isn't it true that Scandinavians have significant Yamna ancestry?

>and the influx into the continent of Neolithic farmers out of Anatolia (who may very possibly have spoken long-extinct and undocumented Afro-Asiatic languages) even made more of a genetic impact than the migrants who brought the Indo-European languages into Europe
Not in Northern Europe.

It's hard to determine whether it comes from common influence or convergent evolution. I see your point now. My bad.

Sun worship in both the East and West stemmed from convergent evolution in my opinion, and it is a good example to your point.

Genetics means fuck all over language, religion, society, and culture.

It isn't triggering. I'm trying to educate retards like you who use linguistic terms incorrectly, often out of ignorance.

But obviously in your case it's because you're just to stupid to understand the difference between fact and waaah so triggered

Yamna ancestory is a mix of western-hunter-gatherer, Eurasian, and Caucas.

It was never a specific ethno-genetic group

And also the most common paternal lineages in Europe came from the Proto-Indo-Europeans

R1a is pie, r1b is not.

I never got it, Early Anatolian Neolithic people were a mix of WHG and Neolithic farmer themselves

Aryan was a perfectly fine name used for the language group before the age of political correctness. Everybody understood not everybody called themselves Aryans, just like no Semitic speaking people ever called themselves "Semitic". But it was a name arbitrarily, but happily, chosen because Vedic propeles and Iranians called themselves that (there's evidence for other groups such as Hittite as well), it was all over the Vedic, Buddhist and Avestan scriptures, so it offered a nice cross-cultural name. Indo-European is not less arbitrary but you can't deny it only came along to substitute Aryan due to the controversial use by Nazi Germany, and in short political correctness. Now go eat a dick. I'll use Aryan or whatever word I fucking want and you can do nothing about it you little cock sucker.

R1b was the most common haplogroup in the Yamnaya culture

Yes but the term "Master race" was never used by the nazis themselves. It's allied war propaganda, and today people still desperately cling to it to """justify""" all the allied war crimes. They don't care about the facts though. Just like the 600 bazillion it's completely fraudulent and has no basis in reality

INDO-GERMANIC is a valid term historically and racially speaking. Like it or not, Pajeet. Now clean up your feces-ridden street ricemonkey

youtube.com/watch?v=6S3v_ytPcGU
youtube.com/watch?v=Gipxn_-dOQU
youtube.com/watch?v=iGxd9Jxye04