Is it more important as a Christian to go to church or to read and follow the Bible...

Is it more important as a Christian to go to church or to read and follow the Bible? Is a Christian who reads the bible but doesn't go to church more or less devout than a Christian who goes to church but doesn't read the bible?

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=churchian,
antifeministtech.info/2012/03/the-church-is-working-hard-to-get-men-to-leave-it/;
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More important to go to church

most laymen didn't even read the bible

>he still unironically believes Christianity is 'real'

Right click, hide

A Christian who reads the bible and doesn't go to church is many times better than a Christian who goes to church and doesn't read the bible.

t. Protestant

The Bible is read in Church anyway.

This, OP - I'm so sorry for you.

Going to church is just virtue signalling to other mortal peers, reading the Bible independently and on your own initiative is showing much more devotion to a higher power. Church going is materialistic, reading the Bible is transcendental.

Wrong.

How would he saying.

Hello Protestant here....

being wrong?

It's like a cop coming to you telling you that he has the authority to verify your ID and you say "wrong".

He is calling me a protestant. Are you fucking retarded

Are you a newfag?
Do you know how t. meme was even forced here this year, what's its origin and meaning?

>Church going is materialistic, reading the Bible is transcendental
>t. Protestant

The Mass is an irony of time, all masses are simoultaniously occurring on earth in conjunction with the True Perfect Mass in Heaven.

Also:
>there's no initiative in going to church
>b-but there is in reading the bible!

You should probably do both if you can, but church takes priority. Historical Jesus would not have recognised the practice of private scriptural study and personal bible ownership that we have developed today. He might recognise a church though.

>He might recognise a church though.
Of course he would. He literally said "upon this Rock I will build my Church."

If you are a Catholic or Orthodox and you claim reading the Bible is more important than going to church you are flirting with heresy. How are you a good Christian if you don't take part in communion, confess your sins or have Christian doctrine explained to you? You think you're so holy you don't need spiritual counsel? Are you claiming all those people who never read the Bible (90% of Europe's population for at least 1500 years) are in Hell?

I don't know if it can be boiled down to "more/less devout," but if it were a choice between going to church and spending that hour or so worth of time reading the Bible, going to church is a more valuable use of time. Not only is this because scripture is read and discussed within church itself, but more importantly because it is in church where you receive the sacrament of the Eucharist. That sacrament is integral to one's faith life; you can read the Bible for any number of reasons, but you receive the Eucharist for a singular universal purpose.

>Is it more important as a Christian to go to church
Considering the majority of churches are hypocritical, Bible thumping, Churchian
>urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=churchian,
SJW/libtard bastions of almost literal spineless cucks on one hand,
>antifeministtech.info/2012/03/the-church-is-working-hard-to-get-men-to-leave-it/;
while on the other hand being full of and almost encouraging sinners who don't follow God's Word in any capacity; it's better to follow the Bible on your own. Church isn't even a requirement for salvation anyway and it's not like today's churches are actually legitimately saving anyone. Just giving them an excuse every Sunday to be sarcastically sorry for their hypocrisy and earn good boy points

>tfw used to be a Prottie because muh Bible and muh Faith, but later in life realized that Roman Catholicism is actually the most based form of christendom because it is literally the Roman Empire.

You must leave your basement and go outside, fedoras

Nice ad hominem

>Choosing your religion belief on the basis of WE WUZ ROMANS

doesn't believe a masculine deity impregnated a virgin.
must be a fedora.

I'm an atheist. Can't I be just very educated about the subject?

You know what the term holy means in bible?
Even when you don't use it to talk about God - because that would as obvious as using the term unique instead.

Do you even believe in hell, oh you pleb.

Going to church. Eucarist.