Is this idolatry?

Is this idolatry?

yes

>cross being a holy symbol for christians
Why were Bogomils afaik the only major movement that rejected this and said it's borderline blasphemous
You'd think more early christians would have objected to sanctifying the method of Christ's execution

I just wanna eat his body and drink his blood.

Bogomils also rejected the entire church and all of the sacraments so they're not really one to talk when it comes to "blasphemy."

It was just a symbol bro!

Only Protestants care.

>Channeling your love into a physical object
yes

No, not an idol.

Second Council of Nicaea

"As the sacred and life-giving cross is everywhere set up as a symbol, so also should the images of Jesus Christ, the Virgin Mary, the holy angels, as well as those of the saints and other pious and holy men be embodied in the manufacture of sacred vessels, tapestries, vestments, etc., and exhibited on the walls of churches, in the homes, and in all conspicuous places, by the roadside and everywhere, to be revered by all who might see them. For the more they are contemplated, the more they move to fervent memory of their prototypes. Therefore, it is proper to accord to them a fervent and reverent adoration, not, however, the veritable worship which, according to our faith, belongs to the Divine Being alone — for the honor accorded to the image passes over to its prototype, and whoever venerate the image venerate in it the reality of what is there represented."

>implying papist lies are truth
>implying the 2nd Council of Nicea was Christian and not paganism and popery

it's a representation of Christ himself. worshippers do not venerate the particular object itself.

It is more like: see what happens with the ones that try to be against jewish God?

Christ dying is the sacrifice that defeats death in Christian theology. It makes perfect sense that the moment would become holy to them. The real confusion is demonizing Judas, since without him there wouldn't be a sacrifice in the first place.

The demonizing comes from his suicide. Both Judas and Peter betrayed Jesus, by selling him out and abandoning a good friend in their hour of need. Except unlike Judas, Peter repented upon realizing what he had done.

Idolatry is committed within the heart.

for muslims maybe

>MFW Protnigger thinks this is idolatry too

This. If Christ dying and Judas betraying him is part of the divine plan, why is Judas to blame for enacting the divine plan?

Suicide due to guilt sounds like an attempt to repent for someone's perceived wrongdoing.

JUDAS DINDU NUFFIN WRONG, Judas best friend, Judas BEST GIRL.

>Protnigger
>nigger

That's not very Christian

Return to reddit safe space if you can't handle the heat

NOW OPEN UP YOUR MOUTH

I'm black and Catholic.

Literally how?

I am also Black and Catholic

I am from Sudan
own a fucking Sedan
And niggers are Satan

making an image =/= worshipping an image

also, what a shitty and petty little god do you have if he can't stand images and statues.

>also, what a shitty and petty little god do you have if he can't stand images and statues.
YHWH

I am YHWH
Don't you DARE say my name,
I am the god you worship always the same,
Don't enter my temple if you just came

>YHWH
What kind of a stupid name is that?!