Veeky Forums is not a soapbox to evangelize

If you want to talk about religion or theology from a historical or philosophical context, Veeky Forums is the place to do it.

If you want to debate theology or endorse/ refute a religion as if the supernatural truly exists, /x/ is the place to do it. We get shit posts here a lot, so I wouldn't bring it up if it didn't constantly infest the entire fucking board. I agree that a board should be made just for this, but until then /x/ is astronomically more appropriate than Veeky Forums.

Mods need to be dismissed for allowing evangelism to run rampant on a history board.

>
Almost 300 replies on a thread promoting greek orthodoxy.

>
an anti-protestant/ pro-Mary thread

>
Another Mary thread. Though it technically this one can be a historical debate, the thread is driven largely by religious supernatural arguments.

>
Debates whether church or bible reading makes a more devout Christian. Again, topic might be fine but most of the thread (obviously) is not.

>
Literal evangelism (pic) and a meetup for those of the christian faith.

>
Thread asking if only one type of Christian (monks) go to heaven. Thread is yet another Protestant vs Catholic/ Orthodox shitstain.

>
Discussion on which Christian faith is true

>
Asks why you don't perform the miracle of speaking in tongues...

that shows how shitty Protestantism really is

>taking the effort to post this

>If you want to talk about x humanities/history topic then that's okay
>If you want to DEBATE x humanities/history topic, promoting your view on the subject, then that's bad.

Here's some examples of appropriate religious threads.

>
Philosophical debate of a popular theological argument.

>
Differences between past and current Islamic theology

>
Clarifies a relatively widely accepted yet hugely misinterpreted interpretation of the Trinity. But again the entire thread is a Prot vs Catholic shitstain.

You're a special kind of stupid if you don't understand what I'm getting at.

I like this board, and I set aside 10min to try and make it a bit less shitty. Go fuck yourself.

don't expect a pebble to stop the waves

Yeah probably but I'll only admit defeat after trying lol

>"Something is wrong and this is how it is and this must stop."
>"How? I don't think this is that way."
>"Hurr ur too dumb to understand why I'm right."
Quality thread, quality post, quality debate skills. No wonder you hate religious threads on Veeky Forums, they involve a caliber of dialectics that is beyond your ability to comprehend if your debating skills extend to calling your opponents dummies.

>meta thread
>complains about non Veeky Forums post

If I had been asked
>"How? I don't think this is that way."
I would have answered. Instead, I got a half assed regurgitation spit back at me. Fuck off

Should I have gone to /b/ to talk about the state of Veeky Forums or do you feel compelled to shit post?

OP, the minute this board was made, and religion was listed as an acceptable subject of discussion, the current state of it was inevitable. Of course devout believers are going to proselytize and argue in favor of their faith when given the opportunity to do so. In the case of Christianity and Islam, it's literally what they're required to do.

Yea I agree, I don't blame sheep for being sheep. I just want mods to do their job. If they do at least a half assed job, we can have religious threads that at least try to be Veeky Forums related.

Christcucks get traumatized here

I am from /sp/. The mods NEVER do their jobs. "Mods=fags" is an ancient meme for precisely this reason.

Yeah this is just as annoying

The fact that you can't look into my post is pretty nonsense. Religion is both a humanities topic and a historical one. Discussing religion involves debate and taking sides occasionally. The fact that you're trying to get this board to be about the "discussion" of religion without people "debating theology or endorsing/refuting a religion." is absolutely bonkers, because discussion involves debate.

Agreed again, but I think it's a bit different when it's one thing in particular rather than general shittiness

The many examples I gave clearly shows the distinction I'm making between discussion of religion and religious literalism/ proselytism. It is abundantly clear you in no way care for what I am actually saying since the case I'm making can be understood by a 3rd grader.

So does your post have anything to do with Veeky Forumstory?

>shit posts
>fucking board
You have a potty mouth

>You're a special kind of stupid if you don't understand what I'm getting at.
>the case I'm making can be understood by a 3rd grader.
You are also condescending.

>All images and discussion should pertain to the humanities: history, philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
Golly.
Discussions about religion appear to be okay. Guess the mods are doing their job.

>"The Tibetan lama listened respectfully to the Jesuit priest [Father Huc] and replied, 'Your religion is the same as ours.'"
>pic Father Huc

Yeah, I agree with you. Seeing the board constantly filled with pure shitposting is starting to get real annoying. It'd be nice if there was a little more debate and a little less of "fedora" and "christcuck" being tossed around.

Not OP, but thought I'd compound this by showing that religion isn't the only problem here. There are threads here that are meant to be on /pol/ by their very nature.

Literal premise is Holocaust denial. It doesn't even try to start historical discussion or provide reasons.

While the thread is based on a good premise, it reeks of baiting and /pol/-level circlejerking about SJWs.

Granted, not that many examples today, but it gets tiring when it fills every thread on the first page.

>You have a potty mouth

You do know where you are, yes?

If I call you stupid, then show me I'm wrong instead of bitching about.

In response to your citation, you can read one of the first things I wrote
>If you want to talk about religion or theology from a historical or philosophical context, Veeky Forums is the place to do it.

As you can see, this has an uncanny resemblance to the rule you quoted. Clearly my point then takes this very much into account, but I'd be a bigger fool than you to try and explain it once more.

So yea, you're kind of a dumb fuck with your head up your ass. But hey, at least you don't speak with a potty mouth.

Oh, and yes this post has everything to do with Veeky Forums. It's literally about Veeky Forums. The many posts I linked which you endorse, however, have nothing whatsoever to do with Veeky Forums.

If you'd like to address this actual Veeky Forums thread, by all means. If you'd like to shit post about the lies your spineless Jesuit priest diplomatically threw at a Tibetan spiritualist

>being this butthurt about a chinese christianity discussion board

bump

I would just like to point out that actually Veeky Forums religious based threads get ignored, a la