Ten differences between Catholicism and Orthodoxy

Ten differences between Orthodox and Catholicism.

1. Orthodox reject inheritability of sin. Death and suffering are human nature, we only don't suffer them when partaking in perfect synergism with God's energies, which we haven't since the fall.

2. The Orthodox reject the "satisfaction theory of atonement". The Orthodox subscribe to "Christus Victor" (the idea of atonement illustrated in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).

3. Hell in Orthodoxy is not separation from God. Hell, like heaven, is experiencing the full radiance of God's light and presence, but with a negative relationship so that it is like fire.

4. The Orthodox reject the idea that our understanding of dogma develops. The idea is to keep the exact same understanding the Apostles have, invented terminology is not meant to develop the understanding, but to PROTECT it from being "developed".

5. Catholics define usury as excessive interest, Orthodox define usury as any interest.

6. The Orthodox reject the Catholic idea of supererogation.

7. The Orthodox reject Purgatory. The Orthodox do, however, distinguish Sheol (called "Hades" in Greek) from Gehenna.

8. Orthodoxy places enormous emphasis on fasting, in fact more than half the days of the year involve some sort of fast. And there are even some days which are total fasts, no intake, period. Two consistent fast days (almost every Wednesday and Friday, no meat, dairy, eggs, fish, oils or wine) trace back at least to the Didache.

9. Orthodox draw most of their priests from the married laity, but most of their bishops from monks.

10. Infants can and do receive Holy Communion.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok

Where is my sweet orthofu Sakurahime?

11. Christ's physical form was born from anal sex.

It was your best point ever Constantine, don't back away from it now.

EPIC

Keep the wit coming, my good sir. You're a real Voltaire.

Does point 3 create a form of universalism as far as Christians are concerned? It seems like most protestants would enjoy this full radiance despite not being part of a specific church

4. Doesnt that create issues with the Church Fathers unless those men are directly quoting the Apostles

>. The Orthodox reject the idea that our understanding of dogma develops. The idea is to keep the exact same understanding the Apostles have, invented terminology is not meant to develop the understanding, but to PROTECT it from being "developed".

>Invented terminology does not represent development but protection from

>There are people who believe this

Don't be naive.

Sakurahime was Catholic.

Its that it? On the one hand he'said clearly trying to make Orthodoxy look bad but on the other hand he also genuinely seems to believe in at least some form of Christianity behind the persona.

That's what I got at least. That and he's Malaysian.

>He
Why do you assume that he is a he? No girls on the Internet?

That's the rule. Why do you think Tits or GTFO is a thing?

It is odd though that he went by "Princess Cherry Blossom of Riceballs."

She IS Orthodox.
boards.Veeky Forums.org/his/thread/1580185/#p1582575

Huh.
So why did she have the Malaysian flag on /pol/? College in Malaysia?

You know a quarter of Malaysia is Chinese.

>Orthodox
>Christian
>Church

I did not.

Our savior did not come from anal sex Constie :3

There is nothing shameful about that ;-;

Good to know I guess, but why did you post it?

Oh hey, Sakurahime.

So you're a Orthodox Chinese girl living in Malaysia huh?

Yes :3

Fuck I hate Constantine and wish he never came here

That is very rude :3

She.
The Veeky Forums Veeky Forums poster known as Constantine is female. A fairly knowledgeable one at that.

Have a blessed day.

Do you ever take a break from pretending to be a Chinese woman on the Internet to ask, what the fuck are you doing with your life? Do you, Constantine?

But I am a real girl :3

I am not Constie

>heretics, schismatics, and apostates
>having positive relationships with God

>girls on a history board

No, you're a trap.

Huh. When I first saw your tripcode on /pol/ and you bringing some stuff up about your sister and shit I thought you were a Malay dude and all further debates on Christianity seemed to paint you as Catholic in my eyes.

But whatevs. Sakurahime is still awesome in my book.

But I have a pagina :3

Malays are by Malaysian definition, Muslim. So I won't be talking Christianity if I am one.

I probably have a Catholic mind in some form due to my Catholic upbringing.

what evidence would you require to go to Catholicism

the pragmatic problem of christianity is that they have priests+monks, instead of having monks like in buddhism. Normal people are left alone with the priests who are just failed monks. And monks in christianity do not communicate well about their meditation.
Then of course, there is issue that christians do not have the right view of buddhism, even though ayya khema says that a few christians monks manage to understand the right view in some book form the middle age.

You should all get your facts straight