Frederick the Great sucks. Tell me why he is so great, Veeky Forums. He plays the flute like a sissy girl

Frederick the Great sucks. Tell me why he is so great, Veeky Forums. He plays the flute like a sissy girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crfrKqFp0Zg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rossbach
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leuthen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Liegnitz_(1760)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He had sex with Voltaire, thus performing a mega-cucking of the

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

Its that one asshurt polack again.

Asshurt about what? Prussia doesn't exist.

I don't like Friedrich and that's because I think Prussia was one of the states that did most harm to Germany.
>Prussia unites Germany
>Less than one hundred years later Germany has lost its eastern regions and seen eastern Europe get cleansed of Germans

OP here. If Frederick is so great, then how come he's dead?

The German people of 100% Prussian ancestry love to rant and rave about this man but he has been dead for more than a century. Have they not noticed his absence for so long?

>Implying the unification of germany was the only factor causing ww1 and ww2 and the loss of german territory
History is highly complex and the result of thousands of factors
This good/bad narrative is awful
This

flute is a fine instrument you philistine
youtube.com/watch?v=crfrKqFp0Zg

He made prussia great again during the seven years war

>he won the Seven Years' war with his tiny nation

When will this meme end? Frederick was suffering defeat after defeat from being pummeled by the french, austrian and russian troops.

All that saved him is that Catherine's idiotic son betrayed the alliance he was in once he was crowned (i. e. the miracle of the house of Hozzenhollerns).

The only war in which Frederick somewhat won is that of the austrian succession, and even then, it was France's contribution that saved him.

>defeat after defeat
Don't try to be so contrarian
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rossbach
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leuthen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Liegnitz_(1760)

All monarchs are terrible. If they're not completely retarded, we celebrate them.

Those all still culminate in him being besieged in Berlin.

The only praise I might heave on him is that he was smart to divide the coalition against him, but as soon as they linked up, he was doomed.

Certainly not a bad tactician and strategist, but good enough to be memed as an equal to Alexander and Napoleon?

My problem with him is that he's one of those leaders about whom its repeated that he was "le so awesome" without anyone knowing what his accomplishments were.

But got to say, that's some sweet K/D ratio Fred.

1. Kick serious military ass
2. Have sex with everyone and everything
3. Become the shining light of the Enlightenment by valuing learning and knowledge over everything else
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!1!

Every great leader had more than a little luck on his side.

>Frederick the Great
>having sex
Top jej

>Manage to hold your own for quite some time against 3 powers which are each exponentially bigger then your own
>not an accomplishment

Introduced the Potato.

Enough to make him Honorary King of the Baltics and Rightful Ruler of Baltic Prussia

Sounds hilarious, but actually did it.

>Certainly not a bad tactician and strategist, but good enough to be memed as an equal to Alexander and Napoleon?
I doubt they would have fared much better had they been in charge of 18th century Prussia. Frederick made up for the horrible strategic disposition he was in (and there was nothing he could have changed about that) through tactical ingenuity, making him one of the greatest military tacticians in history.