Could WWI been avoided?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Adwa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wtf is going in this picture?

XIX century memes, sadly genre of satirical maps died for some reason

WWI no, WWII, maybe.

An American drew that map, didn't they?

Perhaps, but it would have required the diplomats in Austria-Hungary and Germany to have been trying to avoid war, rather than trying to diplomatically wrangle their way into the war.

Nope it's italian

Considering all the dumb political and diplomatical mess made before the war I guess it could have been avoided. It's also true that everyone was expecting a war and had already accepted that.

>Damn Nicky, Willy and Georgy

It's up to us to revive them.

Sometimes I flip over to history channel and for a fleeting minute I think they're showing an actual history show but it's always that Ancient Aliens crap.

There exist one pretty recent, by /int/

>Belgium
>Hands

I like it

A shame man, luckily my national tv has an history channel that receives little views but makes good shows

Yes.

>France wins Franco-Prussian War, Germany never forms, WWI never happens.

However all hope is not lost there.

>Willy II never existed, instead a monarch who isn't autistic takes his place. As a result Germany pursues a far less aggressive foreign policy and Europe remains at peace.

That was a great couple of threads.

I would say no, everyone in the world were amassing a new generation of weapons and conquering backwater nations was the norm, yeah Europe was the main spot but people all around the world profited from the war, if they hadn't had gotten it when they did they might have look to alternate means to breach their goals, although would probably be a smaller war, and collecting of Europe's involvement would be hard to gauge

I can't read all the names of the "characters" especially in the Balkans

Yes.

You don't need to read them in the Balkans anyways, they're all sheep down there.

(Maybe because they were being herded by the Ottoman Empire?)

Also, my question is, what the fuck is Finland doing? It's wearing a goddamn animal suit or something.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Adwa I'm guessing?

the war was brewing for decades. even if the arch duke wasn't assassinated, something else would have started the war. If you want to avoid the war, then things would have to have been changed ~30 years before the first shot was fired

Or if you wanted to avoid it, simply go to Switzerland or Canada.

yeah but i think he was meaning the world and not an individual

A simple question can lead to a complex variety of answers, lad.

>Could WWI been avoided?
Well obviously "anything can/could have happened" but for that to happen would require massive deviations from the courses set by the leaderships of the countries involved. Especially Germany who basically decided they need a war with Russia now, not later, and A-H, who had some rabid crazies angling for a war with Serbia (F.F. keeping them in check). To a lesser degree some of the ministers in Russia might have used a bit of restraint in pushing for a limited mobilization only - but in their case it is a question of whether Germany would honestly care, given their aims I do not think they would.