Why is it easier to hate than it is to love?

Why is it easier to hate than it is to love?

Because people are assholes

Why though?
I mean doesn't it feel better to love something/someone than it is to have a switch that goes off in your head that makes you mad/disgust/have bad feels?

Anger and hatred feel good,
and it can be done with ease without ever having to speak to the person who becomes our object of hate.

Love more often comes when we have come to more understand a person,
and to do so sometimes requires social conquest
(that is, if you mean to imply platonic love, i.e. friendship, partnership, etc. contra lustful love).

Hate is natures way of allowing you to focus your anger at something like say a predator, or someone who wants to kill you just a self preservation mechanism in your brain.

Is there any proof?
I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything it's just that whenever I get mad or hate someone it just feels tideous and just overall tiring on my mentality.

Then why for example do kids hate their parents for just being parents that care for them by setting limitations for being safe?
I remember when I was an angsty teenager and hated my parents even though all the limitations they put on me was for my safety.
A more extreme case could be those tv reality teenagers who hate their parents for getting them the wrong car.

Let me rephrase some,
anger is the most comfortable emotion, or the easiest emotive-thought process to slip into.

While it does feel tiring to be angry, consider how it would feel to pursue the contrary.

I may be wrong to think this, but I think of the distinction this way,

consider a situation where you felt wronged, your emotive process could go:

1. In Anger:
"I feel I have been wronged, and now I want to get even",
in which, you don't necessarily want eye-for-an-eye, but because you were wronged you feel that you deserve something in return.

versus, 2.
"I feel I have been wronged, but was I actually wronged? Let me think over what happened more objectively, and from their point of view."
In this alternative, I think it would be agreeable that to consider this the more taxing alternative.
To attempt to feel another person's emotions is hardly as intuitive as our own, and we would have to think about their rationale, the circumstances and all these other variables which makes the moment, the moment, as it were.

Not to say it is wrong to feel angry, but more often, anger is our go-to.
Very rarely can I say I was clear-headed before I got mad.

Further, the second option would be the first of many steps we would take before feeling we loved someone.

Love in the truest sense is (in my opinion, that is), a constant overcoming of conflict.

Hate teaches you to avoid perceived danger, which is necessary for survival.
Love reinforces social ties, which leads to communal living.

Love makes life easier, but hate keeps you alive.

I think that it is not easier to hate that it is to love, but it is easier to show hate than to show love, because hate, angry or agression are concerning to strenght and love sometimes is associated to weakness.

because people are more hateable then loveable, but its bad for you to hate, so you shouldn't bother.

Because Hate requires you to love yourself, Love requires you to accept others.

Hate betrayed is a pleasant surprise.
Love betrayed is a devastation.

Bullshit,that would be fear.Hate has never helped anyone,ever.

its helped me hate people

Fear is just hate plus flight response.

It takes two to love.

I have never really felt hatred. Just loss of care and or love and dissapointment.. And indifference

Same.
Never felt love either, though.

this guy probably has the best answer here. compassion and love go hand in hand, however anger and compassion are almost complete opposites. hes right, its easier to slip into anger, as it requires less thinking and emotional work than compassion and love

Lovely point here.
But honestly, I love far more than I hate, and I'm indifferent most of all. As an example, my mother lied to me about my father's character from the time they divorced until I realised in my late teenage years that he wasn't as evil as she made him out to be. In addition to this, she regularly stole from me. Upon my realisation and decision that she was utterly untrustworthy, I simply moved out, and stopped interacting with her. Not out of hate, but out of pragmatism: There is no benefit to my allowing a liar and a thief of that scale to see any of my weak moments; as any good close association with her could bring is drowned out by the potential harm.

No hate, just sheer indifference. I can talk to her without feeling anything positive or negative, but if she were to die tomorrow it would make no difference to my life.

An example of useless hate is this guy at my uni. He despises me. He absolutely hates my guts. This is because I started dating a girl that he was pining after soon after she broke up with her previous boyfriend. I think, in typical beta fashion, he'd been waiting in the wings, thinking he could swoop in and save her. He has to leave the room if I walk in because he feels such strong dislike, and yet I have never actually done anything to him; I've barely even spoken to him; and in fact I broke up with the girl in question earlier this year. To me this is hilarious, because I hold a significant degree of power over him socially due to his irrational hatred. His friends think him ridiculous and pathetic, and I and my friends think him a interesting and amusing curiosity. That is the depth that senseless hate can bring you to.

Love on the other hand has been great for me. There is an element of pragmatism to it as well, as one-sided love ought to be avoided at all costs (I know this from experience). But fraternal love between myself and friends has been incredibly useful in many ways. (1/2)

(2/2)
To me, love means convincing yourself that someone will, under all circumstances, uphold your trust and have your best interest in mind whenever possible. It also means simultaneously deciding to act this way in return.

In a romantic or fraternal sense, love means an increase in your confidence due to knowledge of your support base and an ability to recover from hardship, again due to that support. It means a significant decrease in stress as loved ones do in a sense help manage various aspects of your life. And most of all it means that you are entertained, as loved ones almost exclusively become such due to mutual enjoyment of one-another's company.

Kind of a tangent to the OP question, but I guess I'm trying to say that for me, love is easier than hate because I have a serious ability to rationalise and compartmentalise, and I can see quite clearly that the benefits of love far outweigh the benefits of hate, to the degree that hate is utterly useless, and love, while risky, provides benefits that far outweigh the risk. Provided, of course, that one chooses who to extend that trust to in a very discerning manner.

But, technically, I am a 'sperg, so I'm not sure how applicable the rest of you will find this. Just know that I am highly socially capable because my life has been a long, informal study of human interaction. For what it's worth.

Its just banter, get off it mate.

>Why is it easier to hate than it is to love?
I find it easier to love than to hate. Depends on the person 2bh, I love many people and I don't hate anyone. I even sympathise with people I think are evil or whose motives I don't understand at all.