Why do emotions exist?

Why do emotions exist?

So we can feel them.

To drive instinctual behavior for our own benefit.

>implying evolution is teleological

Why do flowers produce pollen and colorful petals?

It's an adaptation to environmental pressure. It's not "in order to attract bees" as your 4th grade teacher might have explained it to you. "Attracting bees" is totally contingent on the physical characteristics of the flower, and the flower doesn't consciously choose it's own physical characteristics. There is no "why" in evolution.

That is their phenotype. Merely the expression of their genes.

Basic emotion were essential for surviving long time ago, when people were cavernmen.
Fear was for prevention and do not take risks
Disgust was useful to avoid poisonous or rotten food
Happiness was the emotion that allowed to show achievement and success
Angry was necessary to establish limits to others and avoid the agression
Those basic emotions and its functions are still present in our primitive brain, that s why we feel then before we think them

literally radioactive autism

fpbp

>I mock what I don't understand, the post

to understand females incase one tries to stab you one day

But if primitive animals can manage without emotions, why can't we?

Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, because we're not the primitive animals you're referring to?

I thought itd be something like this maybe.
Emotions are a form of communication, and we experience them for some reason. We feel sad and cry to signal for help from others.

Dogs can feel sad and shit I'm sure, unless you're talking about bugs or some shit.
Referring to what I said previously, emotions could be an adaptation of communication.

me a monkey
Trying to think
my brain reel
Why we feel

It's your programming. Without it you would have died long ago.

causality. unless you mean "why is there something instead of nothing" in which case, I don't know.

but really you mean "purpose" so I should inform you that the purpose of all existence is that you personally, you, OP, choke on a million dicks. it is the will of whatever inconceivable presence beyond causality, and more locally the singular purpose and meaning of all causally existing systems and processes.

It's a side effect of intelligence
>member of the tribe dies
>you're sad because you understand that the tribe as a whole are now weaker

>Why do emotions exist?
To provide incentive for action without needing logical justification.

So it becomes very stimulating to interact with your fellow primates. Primates suck on most physical levels, so in a 1:1 confrontation with anything carnivorous, they die. When they spend their afternoon hanging in a tree with their bros though, their individual odds of dying are low, and they can tell others if they see something dangerous coming.

>Why do emotions exist?
E-Motions. Energy in Motion. You are actually asking "why does energy exist?". That's a stupid question and you should feel stupid. Also everyone else in this thread is stupid. All these fucking idiots going on about chemicals in the brain. Your emotions influence your brain chemistry, it's the chicken and the egg all over again.

because they are part of a self replicating process that is easily reproducible.

Specifically, they are a product of evolution, in that they provide a fitness benefit to organisms and make those with emotions more likely to reproduce than those who do not.

*first prize!!!