I've come to realize this board is a failure, the mods if they even exist are doing a terrible job...

I've come to realize this board is a failure, the mods if they even exist are doing a terrible job. Nobody thinks critical around here, and it's always a bash job on certain topics. Complete failure, no logic, no reason, no critical thinking.

Really is another /pol/ tier shitfest.

>holy
>roman
>empire

You just realized that? How dumb are you?

You're on Veeky Forums... What do you expect?

It's simple, we remove & Humanities

>this board is a failure, the mods if they even exist are doing a terrible job. Nobody thinks critical around here
tldr; people disagree with me and i don't like it

Reminder that this is an anime website.

also tldr; people dont treat this hyper-seriously on a otherwise casual imageboard

Then fuck off.

The only reason this board exists is because people wanted all this shit off of Veeky Forums

Everyone knew this board wouldn't be very serious. It's Veeky Forums after all.

Reddit would be a better place for you.

/pol/ has now taken over Veeky Forums

containment was never an option. you see our memes, our opinions, and our shitposting on every board now

face it. you faggots dont belong on this site anymore. take the repill or just go

>Nobody thinks critical around here, and it's always a bash job on certain topics. Complete failure, no logic, no reason, no critical thinking.
>Really is another /pol/ tier shitfest.
you sound like a whiny BITCH desu

get the fuck outta here

This desu senpai.

Or we could make a strong push to get your board deleted. What say we put it to a site-wide vote?

I've watched this board steadily rise in education, knowledge and critical thinking abilities since it was created. People that say dumb shit get proven wrong and keep lurking. Shitposting is obviously shitposting. This is one of the better boards in Veeky Forums. Appreciate it.

>/pol/ has now taken over Veeky Forums
>containment was never an option. you see our memes, our opinions, and our shitposting on every board now
>face it. you faggots dont belong on this site anymore. take the repill or just go

I don't think the guy is kidding. If you actually want a more serious historical discussion, Reddit is a better place. The imageboard format always facilities memes and trolling, which isn't bad, but its much less formal.

Nigga even if every cretin here voted to preserve the board we would be crushed.

The /pol/ empire has conquered all of the known Veeky Forums.

>thinking a non-anonymous upvote system is more indicitive of non-biased historical discussion
I'm ashamed of you.

>The /pol/ empire has conquered all of the known Veeky Forums.

>MUH /POL/ BOOGEYMAN
Fuck off to >>>/leftypol/

>>MUH /POL/ BOOGEYMAN
>Fuck off to >>>/leftypol/

That'd be retarded.

How fucking hard is it to quote a post?

>How fucking hard is it to quote a post?

Agreed, they should fuck off to /leftypol/.

How do we rid ourselves of the communist scum from our relatively neutral and centrist historian haven?

We must protect the independence and neutrality of our board, my fellow Veeky Forumstorians.

How should we come about it?

>(You)

We already have the answer thanks to Lord Pinochet

On /r/askhistorians and /r/badhistory you have to provide a credible source for everything you post, which I think is way better than Veeky Forums

Long live the Old /Hiss/ Confederacy!

Down with the evil /leftypol/ Hapsburg monarchy.

Those are exceptions though
In most Of Reddit you have people being flamed and insulted for having a different opinion no matter how much effort they put on it with the Upvote system making things worse as it makes things a popularity contest

I think that serves a purpose that can be useful at times, but it's counter-productive to open discussion about a topic, and the system of using sources is also not necessarily infallible.

It's reading wikipedia vs reading a textbook. The textbook is more thorough and accurate, wikipedia is easier to learn with, and not that bad.

You are not helping.

Oh yeah reddit fucking sucks, I absolutely hate everything about it. Which is why I'd prefer to discuss history here but there's so much shitposting on this board that it's hard.

There's kind of a fine line though. I've seen threads on Veeky Forums where the OP asks for book recommendations and 200 posts later hasn't received a single one

leftists are free to leave the board at any time

It has been clear from day one that Veeky Forums is right wing, and that we are often open to taking critical perspectives on mainstream history/humanities/academia. if you are okay with that, great stick around. if you want a hugbox go to reddit.

its a /pol/ website

youre just shitposting in it

Also on reddit if you have an opinion differing from that of the mainstream, you get circlejerked into oblivion and voted down until your post is hidden

>asking for recommendations

>can you please go to your own hug box so we can make this OUR hug box??

t. you

How about all you political faggot take your embarrassing discussions over to /pol/ and stop pretending you know anything about the humanities and history?

Look I'm sorry people made fun of you for asking which books you should read here but you should know better than to post something off-topic. We have a board for books, it's called Veeky Forums. Hopefully that will help you avoid confusion in the future.

what if I told you, that you could just ignore politically charged statements instead of getting triggered and continue discussing history?

How about you fuck off, history itself is a mixture of politics, dates, and other things. It's simply another /pol/-lite board like /int/.

And besides, I'm afraid we overwhelm you leftists 5 to 1, so if you can't deal with us, like the Burkeposter said, kindly fuck off.

>implying /b/, Veeky Forums and /int/ haven't taken over /pol/
and /pol/tards are to dumb to realize

>Our memes
Like what? "Redpill?"

Pretty much the only /pol/ meme that took off. And even then I am not sure if /pol/ started that.

I doubt we'll ever get to vote on anything, but your post raises an interesting point. Hiro is not moot, so the possibility of deleting a board might be an option for him.

Moot's logic for bringing back /pol/ (and /r9k/) was that despite they both proved to be failed experiments, people enjoyed themselves, therefore Veeky Forums should cater to failures even if that goes contrary to rule 6 (quality of posts).

Hiro, on the other hand, has shown little concern for the opinions of 2channelers (?), their private data and 2channel itself (he sold it to an multinational corporation and was behind the DDOS attacks after he got sacked).

If a compelling argument can be made, there's a chance.

This 100%.

The reason /pol/'s culture spread so fast was because of /b/tards coming there for raids.

I honestly can't even say the current culture on /pol/ is the old /pol/ culture. It's just /b/ using politics as an excuse to shitpost.

>sticky says to keep politics on /pol/
>brings up /pol/ anyway
I love how you immediately go to the leftist boogeyman.
>inb4 t. butthurt leftist or lefty/pol/
Reddit actually took over /pol/. Explains the whole /r/TheDonald nonsense and other cancerous subreddits.

*/pol/ content

Hmmm, that statement really made me think