What do you think about europa barbarorum 2?

What do you think about europa barbarorum 2?

Inaccurate

Hard to play

Fun as fuck
>tfw playing as baktria
>spreading your polises to asia minor.
Max comfy.

>when modders make a better looking game on Rome 1 then professional devs make Rome 2

EB1 was better.

I tried the mod the other day. Seemed promising until viewing the confusing unit rosters. Then there was the mod music...fucking christ on a cracker, why, of all things Rome could have had improved on, did they feel to replace one of the GOAT vidya soundtracks with some generic, annoying psuedo ancient flute crap?

They wanted to be accurate and fuck any other logic.

The awfully recorded unit calls and the unclear, tl;dr descriptions of everything that is always in greek and latin too but never tell what it does mechanics wise are just as bad.

It's great.

use cheats

What's inaccurate?

In all honesty, you have to be really autistic to enjoy a game like this. Perhaps I lack the brain power to play this but it ain't fun at all.

Stomping niggas on the battlefield isn't enjoyable

All true, BUT! EB1 had more units, IIRC. So it seems to me that they just couldn't hack making all those models, therefore going fuck-this-shit and cutting a lot of content.

you guys do realize that when eb1 was released it didn't have it's full rosters right?
they didn't show his culture as strictly superior.

It had a shittload more mercenaries for sure. The severly autistic focus on history just makes the game off-putting when first playing.

Stainless Steel for Medieval 2 had similar goals as EB1, except with far more polish.

>eb1 was released it didn't have it's full rosters right?
Why the fuck couldn't I get that version? Not only is the color palette for the interface horrendous, but the sprites are so poorly designed that all the rosters just become one ugly blur. You try memorizing 50 different units that way, especially when the game barely even tells you what the fuck they do.

>I can't remember simple words in different languages

Love the autistic focus on historical accuracy. Needs a lot of polish though

Still unfinished and buggy and crashes a lot. That doesn't stop it from being really fun.

The games are trivially easy. Just amass an army and rape the AI on manual battles. There is barely any diplomatic backlash too.

Total War had a chance of creating an enjoyable and well-balanced multiplayer game. Instead they choose to make fancy graphics for cretins. It's shit.

it is. then i cheated my way trough europe and bribed all rebel settlements into joining.
nigga army upkeep & cost in EB2 is INSANE

SS is how Medieval 2 vanilla should have been

kek

Read the unit descriptions.

And the music is simply another autistic level historical accuracy thing. You either like it or you don't, but they were trying to be as authentic as possible compared to vanilla.

There's a number of 'fantasy' (i.e. question of interpretation) units in EB1, and a lot of historical changes they decided to include in EB2. Hence a lot of cut content, on top of having to remod an (albeit similar) engine again.

Limitations of the overall unit roster number and engine meant you were never going to see that version.

I enjoy it, largely as the campaign feels more well-rounded than EB1, along with more immersive mechanics. Med 2's AI actually uses navies aggressively to land armies on island territories, which EB1's AI seemed incapable of doing even with the Alexander plug-in improvements. More factions are always a bonus as well.

Battles feel a bit more stolid though, which can be a good/bag thing depending on your viewpoint. Lack of editable lethality stat means elements of the balance that one took for granted in EB1 are not really present, and battles seem to take a lot longer. But I feel the longer element is perhaps more historically authentic.

It's also prettier. Who knows when it will all be finished though, still a lot of placeholders and unfinished/slightly broken elements - definitely playable and stable in its entirety though.

>Saka Rauka has empire reforms

Did the saka rauka really build a empire? Or is it more "what if"?

The Saka Rauka wasn't a thing at all, but a collection of many Iranic Tribes.

They didn't build Empires, but Sakas & related tribesmen took over Indo-Greek City States like the ones in Ferghana.

An Indo-Iranian Empire in that region would only show up under the Kushans.

>tfw you're computer illiterate and can't install EB2 to save you life

EB1 is still fun tho. makedonia stronk

Non-spearmen got the short end of the stick in EB2.

In EB1, swordsmen and axemen are highly dangerous to both unarmored units and armored units.

In EB2, the swordsmen get wrecked by spearmen and the axemen are worthless against armored units despite having ap.