How many people did Stalin kill?

Was it more people than Hitler killed?

Alot
Yes

Next question.

Is this another comieboo historical revisionism thread?

People here constantly complain about /pol/ but to be honest /pol/ has ceased to be a problem on this board long time ago.

Why arent the mods doing anything to stop the /leftypol/ infusion?

Doubtful he killed as many as people claim. But he certainly did kill a lot

What are the sources for such claims?

/leftypol/ & /pol/ are the same shit.

No, asking how many people Stalin killed on a history board without expressing affinity for him or for his ideals, believe it or not, does not make me a communist.

Between the holocaust and WW2, Hitler takes the cake in terms of pure damage, especially for how short lived the Third Reich was.

If we're being honest, none of us would want to live under either of those fucks.

>How many people did Stalin kill?
12-14 million.
>Was it more people than Hitler killed?
No.

Much less, since famines are not deliberate killings

Well, I'd be skeptic of Soviet censuses. What I want to know is how the different figures attributed to him were calculated.

People were kept from leaving, food was confiscated. Those are deliberate actions. Besides, people not only starved to death. People were executed and endured forced labor too.
How was that figure concluded?

>How was that figure concluded?
It was actually 10-12 million, anyways:
>6-8 million dead in 1932-1934 famines
>2 million dead from disease and overwork as state prisoners
>1 million dead in post-war famines
>750k dead in purges
>The rest executed by the NKVD

The 60 million figure came from post-war propaganda to make the Soviet Union look more evil and justify German rearmament.

Pretty much the best answer you'll get

by that logic mao didn't kill anyone during the great leap forward, all those peasants just stopped eating and died

fuck you OP

the kulaks fucking deserved to be liquidated

I can't wait till the workers revolution, when I can teach punks like you a lesson

killed more jews than hitler.

>Famines

I don't know if we should count those, since according to some people they were induced by the state and according to other people, they weren't

Excellent quotes from Stalin (these are not misattributed ones).

>The idea of a concentration camp is excellent.
>This creature softened my heart of stone. She died and with her died my last warm feelings for humanity.
>One of Ivan the Terrible's mistakes was to overlook the five great feudal families. If he had annihilated those five families, there would definitely have been no Time of Troubles. But Ivan the Terrible would execute someone and then spend a long time repenting and praying. God got in his way in this matter. He ought to have been still more decisive!
>God is on your side? Is He a Conservative? The Devil's on my side, he's a good Communist.
>Do you remember the tsar? Well, I‘m like a tsar.

Citation needed

Fuck yeah comrade

yes, im sure the islamic and afrocentrist bait threads were just a figment of my imagination

:^)

Can someone post the picture of the baltic states as a chicken screaming "we are victims of communism!!!"

Tell that to the Ukrainians in 1933. The famine was a direct consequence on Stalin's war on the kulak but it was deliberately enforced later on as a means to easily break the Ukrainians without deploying troops.

They show continuity with following censuses, including censuses in post-Soviet states.
Why would you doubt them?
Do you seriously think rulers of certain country don't need to know how many people are there in their country?

Then why did famines happen outside of Ukraine too?
Why would government that basically sponsored Ukrainian identity try to destroy Ukrainians 10 years later?

>Craig Ferguson who I enjoyed a lot as a talkshow host gets to run a History Channel "top 5" sort of deal

It's a really stupid way to tackle history but I like Craig Ferguson a lot so I watch it
>Top 5 worst dictators
>They say at the start of the show "Stalin's not on the list because he's an easy winner"
>Mao doesn't get a single mention

I'm left to wonder if they did it because they didn't want to offend China. Mao's a bastard who gets no recognition for it.