>AoE I: Greeks
>AoE II: Byzantines
>AoE III: Portuguese

Honourable mention to the Huns.

ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Civilizations

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qq7KH7Q5eTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AoE: Teutons,Persians,Turks and Chinese. Oh and also Indians and Britons.

*AoE2

Aoe: choson
Aoe2: goths followed by mamluks

>mamluks

What mamluks? You mean saracens?

>>AoE III: Portuguese
Not the Dutch.

I deem this pleb-tier.

>playing the OPs

Germany was the most fun

AoEIII: Ottomans, Aztecs and Japanese

All of them have such cool units, especially the Great Bombard+Spahi FI combo

Turk hand gunners OP

Why do the vikings have two uniqu units? That's not fair!

The Age of Empire series were shit games.

I: Romans
II: Teutons
III: Iroquois

The Conquerors civilizations were just overpowered perks that were introdeuced in order to cash in on the franchise.
Out of the original civilizations probably the best excluding the spammy Britons were the Celts and the Teutons. Saracens were the most balanced. Vikings are probably the worst after the Goths with no walls and the Persians without any fortified walls. The Japanese are pretty weak too.

>Goths with no walls
>Implying you need walls when you have a well of flesh with 100% increased infantry production.
You can literally overwhelm people by building multiple barracks and swarming in the castle age. And huskarls are near immune to arrow fire means 25 of them can burn a castle down AND then have enough up to destroy a TC.

The Britons bonuses seem pretty good. Or am I just kidding myself?

Enjoy watching your resources worn out from having your peasants annihilated while your infantry special units get swarmed with arrows and siege weaponry.

Really enjoy the comfy themes of all the civilizations in the history menu.

germany is op too, get all hand infantry hp & damage perks then spam doppelsolders

>AoE I: Greeks, them Hoplites are cavalry in infantry form.
>AoE II: Goths, the Huskarls negate any incoming arrows and their barracks pop out those fuckers too.
>AoE III: Dutch, those early skirmishers are hell on the opposition

Aoe 1: Romans
Aoe 2 : Mongols
Aoe 3 shit tier game didn't play more than 10 hours desu

Britons are solid but they're really a one unit civ

At least it's good unit unlike Franks who are underpowered as fuck

I wish they'd add the Khmer civ to Aoe2. Mississippians would be cool too.

AoE: Minoans
AoE II: Vikings and Goths are tied
AoE III: Russians

I also did like the Britons from AoE II, but they're so OP and every game just turns into Elite Longbowman spam.

I always play AoE3 with 40min treaty. Fav civs are Portugal, Japan and Ottoman. Portugal has a fantastic eco and the best light cav in the game. They skirms with their musks are also fantastic as their musks are as good as redcoats and they have the best skirms in the game I believe. The Jap Ashigaru are great and their Samurai have a fantastic siege attack so rushing with them works well.

>AoE3
>Russia
My Sub-Saharan.

I have a thing for spammy factions. Goths in AoE II and Russians in AoE III both shit out swarms of units. Love those mass Cossack recruitments and the barracks that doubles as a guard tower makes for some really cool base setups. My favorite tactic was distractions with tons of cossacks and artillery then wrecking 2/3 of their base with a full regiment of Oprichniks while their army is busy trying to thin out my Cossack horde.

People than use oprichniks should burn. Hope you guys don't.

It's my ideal scenario but I rarely have enough gold to build enough Oprichniks to really make the strategy worthwhile. Constant harassment with Cossack regiments and artillery ambushes are typically how I win with Russians, especially in PVP. If my opponent actually lets me save up the money for an Oprichnik raid they're asking for it basically.

Did AoE I have any indian civ?

feather or dot? Cause it has both

Am the only one who liked game but was awful at it?

Awful as in you couldn't even beat the normal computers or awful as in you got shit stomped in PVP? Cause the latter is acceptable since only autists are any good in PVP, but the former is kinda sad.

I could beat normal AI opponent but I was really slow at game.
PvP was a no go. I usually just did multiple AIs on a map and turtled on an island.

Which one?

dot,
AoE I didn't have any feather, and when people say indians, they mean indians.

Speaking of which
>Some of the best cavalry in the world during AoE3's timeframe
>the game has them using fucking camels.

The Indians are still fantastic as long as you manage their eco. Those cannon elephants really pack a punch.

That's how I played growing up, til I got bored and started upping difficulty and trying to get better. I played PvP for a bit but there were so many turbo autists who followed build guides that I realized the only way I could competitively play was to devote a ton of free time to memorizing the build orders, so I just said fuck it.

Not aoe 1
2 (forgotten expansion) and 3 (asian dynasties expansion) do though.

yeah. Having their lumber start means they can tech up super fast.

yeah, found that pretty weird.
they added japan in AoE1 for some reason.

>they added japan in AoE1 for some reason.
I don't remember that. Was that some later edition or expansion? I only ever played the "Gold Edition" of the original game.

What home city levels are you guys in AoE3 Online?
86 with port and 70 something with Japs. Personal lvl is 8-9.

Two and three.
I tried that after not playing for years but rts are stressful, too many things to do all the time.

It was the Yamato civ in aoe 1.

youtube.com/watch?v=qq7KH7Q5eTM

At 2:40

Bump

1: Carthaginians
2: Vikings
3: Russians
>Not including the GOAT
Age of Mythology: Norse

>Huskarls
>Getting killed by ranged
You really haven't played goths before, eh?

>you will never play AoE IV set from the 1700's to now
>you will never play an AoE game in the time period of I except it's not primitive as shit for a RTS game
>you will never play AoE: Forever where every single semi-famous civilization and time period from the stone age to right now represented with care for each tech tree and naturally flows into each other with mechanics coming and going as technology and social organization appears and disappears and language, dress, architecture, music and art is faithfully crafted for each civilization and time period, in such a way that you can go from cavemen to ancient indo-europeans to romans to britons to english to americans in a single game if it is long enough, using a super-tech tree of converging and diverging civilizations that you choose at certain age up points, and have units naturally become countered by new units and strategic possibilities as history dictated (plate armor counters arrows because arrows deal 5 damage and plate reduces 4 damage, but gunpowder weapons deal 20 damage but with a much longer reload time and so on)
why can't video game developers go on making incredibly ambitious mammoth projects that aren't aimed at the lowest common denominator

I really want a remake of the original Age of Empires, but I'm scared what they'd do to it. I got used to AoE III over time, but it was so jarring it kinda killed my interest in the franchise. I'd even settle for just an HD update to the game like they did with AoE II. My fantasy though is a complete engine overhaul for AoE and AoE II, focused on making civs more diverse and adding in a lot of modern mechanics.

For what it's worth, I think AoE II has aged very well two decades on.. It feels just right as it is, granted it's still being balanced in the update.

Haven't played AoE I in years so I can't really say much about it.

>My fantasy though is a complete engine overhaul for AoE and AoE II, focused on making civs more diverse and adding in a lot of modern mechanics.
This, except sequels just taking place in the same eras. If you upped the unit counts by like 400% at least, added standard RTS features like strategic zoom, infinite production loops, flow economy and so on, and then focused on more faction diversity it would be great. I mean, why does a civilization like the mongols not have mobile buildings? Why can't I capture and sacrifice enemy units as the aztecs? Why doesn't the turks have orbans great bombard?

if you could muster up the money you could also add more cool features like terrain bonuses, formation bonuses, stuff like cavalry charges and more realistic ships

I'd say keep the sprite art though, you can render entire screens jam-packed with troops and super sexy detailed buildings on even shitty computers, and RTS games don't really have a need for camera rotation

AoE III is my favorite of these.