Mfw I found out Cao Cao is a historical person and the Three Kingdoms is real

>mfw I found out Cao Cao is a historical person and the Three Kingdoms is real

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GbWGIHEpI0c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_(TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=WNHnX4xsplo&list=PL33A390995E9A7F00
the-archlich.tumblr.com/post/105531523137
xuesanguo.tumblr.com/post/146736393201/
jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/134596453049/
youtube.com/watch?v=huLJrysAQgQ
mega.nz/#F!AMUFUaZT!zX9EJHEh2ppAftOoRDdybw
youtube.com/watch?v=pa14MVSgGp0
youtube.com/watch?v=HUERHU_llq8
youtube.com/watch?v=jH0c7L6VFe0
avistaz.to/torrent/27613-2010-three-kingdoms-complete-720p-bluray-x264-wiki
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw I found out Hitler is a historical person and the Third Reich is real

I'm Cao Pi

who /Lu Bu/ here

youtube.com/watch?v=GbWGIHEpI0c

>mfw I found out Zhuge Liang invented the wheelbarrow, the repetition crossbow and skylanterns

That may be so, but Liu Xuan burnt Wei and Wu to crispy perfection

No it isn't, don't be silly

Chen Gong is the real goat

If only he killed the villain cao cao before he begin his genocidal reign

Cao Cao is based too. Blame Lu Bu.

Can someone tell me what movie these pics are from?

>this motherfucker

Fucking Wu, they just fuked up with Cao Cao and Liu Bei, but they had no endgame, they were just trying to stall forever, fucking useless assholes.

The greatest asian political-military series since LOTGH

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_(TV_series)

youtube.com/watch?v=WNHnX4xsplo&list=PL33A390995E9A7F00

What did you expect from the river niggers?

The greatest things they ever achieved was killing Guan Yu and Red Cliffs.

Reminder that Sima Yi did nothing wrong.
Reminder that Zhuge Liang did everything wrong.

Thank you so much

DELETE THIS

Who Caofag here? I was so fucking butthurt at the ending of the series. At least those southern faggots lost too.

Except for that time Sima Yi ran with his tail between his legs because he saw Zhuge Liang playing a fucking harp on top of an gate.

Cao Cao was brilliant.

Cao Pi was a fucking failure.

>mfw thr only chink in LOTGH got BTFO hard

Yeah and everyone else eventually got BTFO by some semi steppe horsefuckers of Qin

WTF
I
HATE
GERMANY
NOW

>this scene

why'd you have to bring up those feels

The series was great fun. Only downside is having to put up with idiots like or who think the series was historically accurate.

What series is that .webm from? looks cool.

>be ambitious slimy backstabber who chooses the wrong leader to follow and is ultimately defeated and killed
>popular fiction portrays you as a hero just because the guy you betrayed happened to be the designated villain in fiction
>they also cut out the part about you betraying him at the worst possible moment

Man, Chen Gong lucked out.

See:
the-archlich.tumblr.com/post/105531523137
or if you're picky about sources see:
xuesanguo.tumblr.com/post/146736393201/

Cao Cao

It's not really a Three Kingdoms series, as it only focuses on Cao Cao, starting from a fictional childhood in the 160s and ending in 207, but it does have a Liu Bei as a minor character, who is easily the best Liu Bei ever.

Because Yang, like many retarded chinese figures across history got cucked to death because they married a shitty ideology and couldn't see 2 meters in front of them or didn't go with the times.

See most of the chink dinasties

Also what did the real yellow river kingdoms think about today's south china back in those times?

Cheers user

>they had no endgame
You have it backwards.

The endgame was actually pretty clear: consolidate control of the southeast, screw with the southwest and north leaving them divided and weak, proceed to conquer both and unify the realm.

What they screwed up was the beginning. Despite the efforts and energies of the early generations of officers, when the foundations of Wu were laid, Sun Ce and Sun Quan et al proved unable to break the network of power of the established gentry families, only win their allegiance. In the long run, the Wu central government could not maintain control over these local interests, and Wu naturally splintered apart after the death of Sun Quan and the inability to find a sufficiently strong leader who could keep the allegiance of the local powers.

Read de Crespigny's General of the South. It's free online.

Also, Wei actually ended up suffering the same problem. As soon as Cao Rui died and was succeeded by a weak child, immediately the powerful local gentry ended up shifting their allegiance, allowing one of those established powerful gentry family, the Sima family, to eventually use the old guard network to usurp power.

Southern china was a sparsely populated bumfuck nowhere until the fall of the jin dinasty.
Source: Fall of jin dinasty wikipedia article

For fuck's sake stop trusting wikipedia articles on Chinese history. The wikipedia editors have no idea what they are talking about and can't read classical Chinese for shit.

I just started watching this because of your post, user.
What am I in for?

Entertaining historically inaccurate political intrigue.

Might be relevant:
jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/134596453049/

Treachery. Politics. Generals with superhuman strength. Morally grey characters. 80% historical accuracy (it's based on a classical chinese novel about real facts). Submissive women. Ancestor worship. Top tier military tactics. It's 200 a.c.

Protip: Refrain from reading anything about the period anywhere and from reading threads about it. Massive spoilers.

Wikipedia can be trusted with general knowledge. For details you go to the sources.

>Zhuge Liang (- - - | - - -)
>Ma Chao (- - - | - - -)
>Liu Bei (- - - | - - -)

brutal

Nice. Is it mainly just politics?

Adding onto this, out of curiosity, when did the show end? Everything I look up just says it started in 2010, not when it ended.

Please don't try to pass off the series as historically accurate in any degree. Putting the battle of Chibi in the correct year does not excuse nonsense like Cao Chong being poisoned (a plot that was completely original to the series too! not even previous fiction dared go so far in deviating from history)

No, it's just the politics that make it entertaining. There are battle scenes where you'll want to fast forward too because you want to watch the exciting people in costumes talking to each other scenes instead.

It's like a Game of thrones user. A fragmented kingdom with several factions trying to win everything. Dinasties, politics, war, espionage, etc.

Alright, will be watching it thanks.
Though out of curiosity, can someone answer this question I had

I enjoyed the first 20 episodes so far.

I hope they shorten the "romance" scenes though. It's at least better than Japanese """""romance"""", but the Koreans are the best.

1994 master race beats 2010 anytime

Diaochan and Lü bu's romance is the only long romance. The others are much easier.

>80% historical accuracy (it's based on a classical chinese novel about real facts)
The novel is at best 50% historically accurate and the tv series is just barely better, mostly because it doesn't have a massive pro shu bias like the novel.

>There are battle scenes where you'll want to fast forward too because you want to watch the exciting people in costumes talking to each other scenes instead.
It helps that the battle scenes are downright horrendous and the fx seems to come from a 60s b movie.

Posting best girl

Once the Diaochan episodes are over, you'll be fine

it is better than game of thrones

imagine game of thrones centered on stannis, tywin and roose bolton without any 2edgy4u nonsense

The bit where Sun Quan was found out to be using his sister as a Political B8 to trap Liu Bei was funny as kek.

Also he betrayed Zhou Yu pretty fast by saying "IT WAS ZHOU YU'S FAULT."

zhuge liang here AMA

Was Ma Su your bitch? If not, why the fuck else did you think so high of him when everybody else considered him a moron?

Dear god that whole subplot was full of blatant pro-Shu whitewashing.

>Look, Liu Bei totally doesn't look 50 so it's fine
>Look, Lady Sun totally fell in love with Liu Bei after a sword fight that no one could seriously believe actually happened so it's fine
>Look, Lady Wu approved of the marriage and supported Liu Bei despite being dead for the past 8 years so it's fine

It's a fun story, but please don't treat any of it as history. Frankly I'm surprised they even acknowledged that historical Liu Bei was in his 50s at the time of the political marriage.

Ma Su actually seems to have been regarded rather highly in his own time. His career before Jieting was actually quite successful; it was only the disaster that forever tainted his reputation and made everyone forget his pretty solid pre-Jieting career.

Also, one might suspect Ma Su ended up as being a huge scapegoat for the defeat to let Zhuge Liang save face. Ma Su's own tactical mistakes aside, one must wonder what Zhuge Liang was thinking when he decided to send his vanguard so far ahead and without any support against Zhang He's numerically superior force.

sup nigga

>one must wonder what Zhuge Liang was thinking when he decided to send his vanguard so far ahead and without any support against Zhang He's numerically superior force
The same things he must have been thinking before all his others military blunders: "nevermind that I've just won one single battle in my whole life, I'm certainly the greatest genius in chinese history*, so how can I do wrong?"

*I'm paraphrasing here, but he did literally compare himself favourably with warring states period sages in his treatises.

Please don't assign these arbitrary percentage points. Yes, there's the famous "7 parts 3 parts" quote, but that one's taken out of context (the guy was actually criticizing the novel as pseudo-historical garbage and is probably spinning in his grave from all the people quoting him to justify their taking things from the novel to argue about the actual history), and one has to realize that in the Chinese language the words for numbers are often used in a figurative or metaphorical sense; think of them more like using the word "few" or "most."

You can't quantify deviation from history because the fact is that the fictional story is nothing like history. It is fiction inspired by history.

Take for example the whole marriage alliance subplot. Historical records only tell us that the marriage occurred as a sign of political alliance at Sun Quan's proposal, with Liu Bei as the junior partner of the alliance. How can you possibly quantify the "deviation" when comparing the simple historical records to the whole made up story of Zhou Yu's plots and of them being foiled by Zhuge Liang's tricks to win the Lady Wu over to supporting Liu Bei?

Why couldn't you establish a functional record-keeping and history writing department?

The Shu section in Sanguozhi is terrible. While some pro-Shu idiots claim Sanguozhi is biased against Shu because it gave Shu the smallest section, if you actually read the damn thing you can sympathize with how hard Chen Shou worked to scrape the bottom of the barrel to make it even as long as it was. Record keeping was so terrible that the Shu "Annals" sections can't even give specific dates on which hugely important Court events like enthroning an Empress or a Crown Prince took place. Some can't even specify a month!

Seriously, there's one guy who has a biographical entry in the Shu section, over half of which is a letter from Zhuge Liang to that guy, because Chen Shou presumably had no other archival material to work with. And that letter wasn't written by the guy, it was written by Zhuge Liang to that guy.

Over half of a guy's biographical entry was quoting Zhuge Liang.

>Why couldn't you establish a functional record-keeping and history writing department?
Do you know how much internal opposition Kongming had? If he allowed other people to write history, the truth about him not being nearly as good as he wrote would have gotten out.

>being this anti-Kongming

Fuck off Cao supporter. May you die without an inch of land to be buried and may your ancestor shrines be desecrated.

>Southern china was a sparsely populated bumfuck nowhere until the fall of the jin dinasty.
wew lad ever heard of Chu/Wu/Yue?

He might be imagining a different definition of "south China" than you.

Chu, Wu, and Yue were centered about the regions of the Yangzi river valley, but south of them is more mountainous territory and eventually the Pearl river valley, which were indeed less populated and civilized until the extensive southward colonization efforts following the collapse of Han.

how do i watch this

all google shows is 3kd episodes

It's on youtube

>He might be imagining a different definition of "south China" than you.
The historical "south" was the lower/middle Yangtze,territories further south were considered barbarian.

Southern regimes developed local identities, ruled from the aforementioned areas as well as being the primary destination of northern migrants.

Genealogies and local gazetteers are easily fabricated,southward migrations were never primarily directed at regions south of the Yangtze.

Low population density doesn't change the fact that Western Jin elites fled to the lower Yangtze not Fujian/Guangdong.

well I must be a fucking retard because I can't find it

Kiss asian/ three kingdoms

LoL. You made me kek.

You clearly just watched it.

Cao Cao (2013 TV Series). That's the series.

it's a trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=huLJrysAQgQ

Is Zhang He actually a homosex or did the video games make him that way for sheer diversity?

What the fuck with wrong with this nigger?

>puts his troop on a single hill
>no source of water on said hill
>general tells him he's crazy and will be obliterated if they're seiged
>"ayy lmao we'll just fight harder if we put ourselves in an impossible situation, I'm as ebin as Sun Tzu :^)"

What the fuck? He was Zhuge Liang's prize student, he was studying under him for 20 years and this is what he does?

Too much ego, too little experience. He was basically a sycophant and liked to try and impress Zhuge Liang with his insight. His cleverness was not tempered by wisdom.

was taught by zhuge liang

WHERE CAN I FIND THE FUCKING SOUNDTRACK

Thank you

Vidya.
Knowing Japan: as a fucking Joke, not because of diversity or something.

But then again the Chinese were into homosex shit like Greeks.

No OST my friend. I search the forums where the translation originated and nope, there is none.

HOWEVER!

I just made this (for myself) yesterday. So I'm gonna share with my bros just for keks.

mega.nz/#F!AMUFUaZT!zX9EJHEh2ppAftOoRDdybw

>watching & enjoying tk2010
>get to parts with Liu Shan
>he has almost the same mannerisms as you

youtube.com/watch?v=pa14MVSgGp0
youtube.com/watch?v=HUERHU_llq8
youtube.com/watch?v=jH0c7L6VFe0

The name Zhang 張 pronounced in Japanese is Chou, which is a homophone for the Japanese pronunciation of 蝶, meaning "butterfly."

That is literally it. The name sounds like butterfly so they made him a butterfly. Never mind that loads of other characters also have the name Zhang/Chou and don't get the same treatment.

Japanese humor is bizarre.

Why are you surprised? Zhuge Liang literally only won one single campaign his whole career, and that against a bunch of infighting leaderless southern barbarians.
He was not certainly a teacher of warfare.

Funny thing is that Ma Su did relatively well in that one southern campaign.

We all know the best warrior was Lu Bu.

Who was second best? A lot of strong contenders.

What did Ma Su even did in that campaign? The only mention I've found of him was that bullshit about catching and releasing Meng Huo 7 times, which is pure fiction.

>Lu Bu
That's not how you spell Zhang Liao.

Yang was very competent leader that people want, but not not by his personal choice. His biggest flaw was comparably opposite to Reinhardt, that is his choice of life style before the Empire immersion. He just want to stay at home and read books, he never wanted to get involved and that lead to his late start of power and ultimate ending. But in one sense, he did won the war philosophically for his homeland.

sight, mobile posting sucks.

Are you physically retarded?

Zhou Yu.

>he doesn't like the diaochan episodes

Not him, but anything Lu Bu related in the show is fucking shit. Who the fuck thought to cast a little bitch like that to play fucking Lu Bu of all people? It's not like he was a good actor either, he sucked bad.

Where can I find that HD rip?

I was wondering:
What is Veeky Forums opinion on Red Cliff movie?

Zhang He is a goddamn prophet in ROTK

He predicted his own death

That stupid Xiao Qiao subplot doesnt deserve to exist.

Its costume department & props rock though.

Costumes are reconstructions of actual unearthed late Han dynasty clothing and armour.

So I give that 10/10.

Actions scenes are flashy but grounded in reality, no flying horses or 1000 meter spear throws. It's quite John Woo in style but it's cinematics, it's meant to attract and excite.

But the second film where Cao Cao reminisces over Xiaoqiao and they sneak into Cao Cao's personal camp is basically bullshit.

What's your opinion on the historical Liu Bei? Media often portray him as the Chinese Jesus, but did he actually care more for the people than his rivals?

avistaz.to/torrent/27613-2010-three-kingdoms-complete-720p-bluray-x264-wiki