Only 5,000 years of human history has been recorded

>only 5,000 years of human history has been recorded

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwbMkIROOGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wasn't much before that.

>it's all boring

Is there any records of someone knowing what happened before recorded history before archaeology?

We don't know anything about Egyptian and Mesopotamian religions save fragments of poetry and tomb scriptures.
We don't have the extant Chaldean oracles.
We don't have the majority of the Zoroastrian Gathas.
We don't have Aristotle's prose works.
We don't have the greater part of Greek tragedians and presocratics.
We have nothing from the pythagoreans.

Kill me. I'm ready!

Before archaeology tons of cities in the bible were unknown but people who read the Bible knew their names.

The Bible also described tons of ancient cultures that people in the past had no idea about.

IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

People literally didn't have consciousness then,

People literally didn't have consciousness then.

>You'll never know the secret name of Rome's patron deity

>archaeology is filling in the gaps of human history
>we've learned more about the ancient world in the last 200 years than in the thousand before that
>we've found megalithic structures dating back to the immediate end of the Pleistocene, which imply that complex societies are literally around twice as old as we thought they were.

There's good shit a coming.

I'm happy that I get another 50 or so years of this, because what we know already looks really cool.

wut?

The singularity is coming user

all is well

>only 100 years of good science has been practiced
and already we live twice as long in huge heated houses with food we can have robots deliver to us thru a phone we carry in our pockets

that's a great way to look at it half satan. just this morning i stumbled across the australian stonehenge, everyday something new to discover.

>Founded by King Ptolemy in the 3rd century BC the library was the first attempt to collect all the knowledge of the ancient world in one place. Scholars including Archimedes and Euclid came to study its grand array of papyri.

ISIStianity is the religion of piss guise they preserved the knowledge they was good bois

Each town or city had one or more tutelary deities, whose protection was considered particularly vital in time of war and siege. Rome itself was protected by a goddess whose name was to be kept ritually secret on pain of death.

>The fullest account of the infamous death of Valerius Soranus is given by Servius, who says he was executed for revealing the secret name of Rome:[19]
>“The tribune Valerius Soranus dared to disclose this name, according to Varro and many other sources. Some say he was haled in by the senate and strung up on a cross; others, that he fled in fear of retribution and was apprehended by a praetor[20] in Sicily, where he was killed by order of the senate.[21]"

eric :-dd

Interesting. Thanks user-sama.

I just wonder.

Is there any sort of international organization that has taken it upon them of making storing all of the human history for future reference?

Is there some vault somewhere (like the seed vault at svalbard) where they have copies of recorded history, sources, etc?

Or will all be lost the second someone deicide to detonate a few nukes?

>ywn explore the past through timetravel
>ywn explore the universe and be on other planets
Why couldn't be I born thousand years later?

Because this is the end times friend.

Better repent while you can

Heh. Bicameral brain theory?

The internet. So yeah, the EMPs from the nukes will destroy most post 2000ad knowledge

Whos that guy in your pic? He looks like a fag lmoa

thats jesus, knock it off, you knew that

>wanting to read millions of years worth of "OOGA BOOGA ME GET FOOD. OOGA BOOGA ME RAPE WOMEN. OOGA BOOGA ME RAPE ANIMALS

there's a reason no one recorded history for so long

You can still study the habits of prairie niggers and bushmen and pretty much reconstruct most of it up till then.

I can only hope for a quantum computing miracle where the entirety of human history is perfectly simulated.

5000 years of recorded history is being generous, much of what we know about ancient civilizations is pieced together through the archaeological record rather than written history. The precious few written records we find are often about mundane topics that offer only the tiniest glimpses into the past. And many cultures have no written histories at all, much of what we know about ancient Europe is from the Roman and Greek historians, many of whom were not even contemporary to the events they described.

I like your way of thinking user. I tend to look things like this: The dinosaurs era lasted millions of years, they stayed the same. In only 250k years of human existance we have acomplished infinitely more than them. Just 113 years ago in 1903 we developed flying machines, 58 years later we reached space and only 8 years after that we landed on the moon. Now we live in an era where everyone is connected and can communicate with each other in less than a minute, hell a second. What took months to travel now takes hours. We could very well be presented with the same asteroid that killed the dinos and we would be able to somehow survive it, hell even redirect it if we truly tried. Oh boy the future sure is something I look fowards to. Even if it doesn't has flying cars I bet we will see some good shit this century.
youtube.com/watch?v=EwbMkIROOGU

This. It's like recording the history of rap.

*tips fedora*

>not wanting to know how shitposting has evolved

there's so much interesting stuff prior to the bronze age too, which we can only guess about because of archaeology and genetics studies. the neolithic is absolutely fascinating, especially Old Europe

DNA studies are really helping explain a lot of stuff about ancient societies too.

>only another 50 years

I hope we don't hinder technological progress so bad with our infighting that we can actually manage to get extended longevity.

this is why I am considering going into archaeology just because I wan't to be apart of unearthing more of our past. Even if I fuck myself over.

hope you are ironic

Hardly surprising considering the earth is only 6000 years old

tips fedora

>we will never read ancient writings that were only recorded on papyrus and were destroyed over time
>entire libraries of historical archives are lost forever
>entire empires may have risen and fallen and we'll never know they existed
>billions of people's lives were of no consequence because any records they left behind are gone forever
>someday, the records we leave behind will also be lost, and our lives will be forgotten

Just fuck my shit up.

that hit me deep bro

>We don't know anything about Egyptian and Mesopotamian religions save fragments of poetry and tomb scriptures.

Completely false, we have tons of stuff from Egypt, just not as much as from Rome and Ancient Greece

Don't worry your life will be forgotten either way

dude I GOT BTFO

>Aristotle's "Comedia" is lost forever because of some treacherous paper-poisoning blind monk bastard's hatred of fun

Why even doodle marginalia?

Don't, it's just going to be manual labor for shitty wages (or even for free) for years until you can get a tenure and can apply for grants and organize your own research. In archeological teams, they usually have one or two professors who are doing the scientific part of it, everyone else just does the digging and cleaning stuff part, even if you already have a degree of archeology.

There's no surviving books by Diogenes.
>No writings of Diogenes survive even though he is reported to have authored over ten books, a volume of letters and seven tragedies.
Can you imagine what the guy who was called "the mad Socrates" by Plato and who mocked Alexander the Great to his face would've written? I get depressed reading about all the potentially amazing works we're missing out.

Isn't it Amor? Or Roma backwards.

Knowing Diogenes, he probably didn't write anything and all the records saying he did were penned by him as a ruse for future generations to send them on a wild goose chase looking for his "lost works" that never existed.

>Modern speculations on what Angerona's "true name" may have been have suggested Favra and Fona, Acca, Flora, Valesia, and Valentia, Sorana, and Hirpa. Some of these play on the thought of the she-wolf or lupa that nursed Romulus and Remus. But none of the theories are satisfactory, and none give us any better idea of who Angerona may have been

>It was the usual practise of the Romans when they were besieging a town to address a plea to the genius of the city to withdraw and come over to them, promising that it would be treated far more handsomely and generously among the Romans than it had been heretofore among its own people.

>Amor
>"amor" means "love" in latin
>in the Temple of Venus and Roma, a lost temple which was the largest in ancient rome, statues of Roma (personification of Rome) and Venus (goddess of love) stood back-to-back

DEEPEST
LORE

>address a plea to the genius of the city to withdraw and come over to them, promising that it would be treated far more handsomely and generously among the Romans than it had been heretofore among its own people.
That's smart.

>archeology is advancing science using all sorts of physical and chemical analyses, geoscanning, photographic and 3D documentation, statistical computer databases etc.
>most of the best preserved ancient remains were excavated by shovel-happy amateurs who can't be even bothered to draw a picture or collect all shreds

>mfw I'll never know what the Minoans thought, what gods they worshiped

>mfw I'll never know the identity of the sea peoples

>mfw I'll never know the relationship between the indus velly cvilization and the Veda

>mfw I'll never know if the Etruscan really developed locally or their elites came from elsewhere
>Mfw I'll never read the library of Punic Carthage giving me incredible insight into the Punic world

Or his "books" consisted of him wiping his ass on some parchments. Truly he was ahead of his time, RIP in peace ancient shitposter bro.

because that's how old the earth is

christians 1
atheists 0

its all in ur blood senpai you just have to unlock it u r the key
open/free transgen backing also helps

This
Whatever is lost I bet it's all the same

King rise to power
Kings ego cause king to die or fall
People killing each other becose lack of king
New king rise to power

nothing new under the sun lads.

The end of time
The beginning of life.

there are such places for seeds and shit so i guess they also store some information there

REEEEE

Umm Atlantis anyone?

Amor londo