What's the world's ugliest sounding language?

What's the world's ugliest sounding language?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RZRCdA9MKdA
youtube.com/watch?v=QICE5T6atQY
youtu.be/xsBv1ukVp9U
youtube.com/watch?v=jlYkfUGfvFY
youtube.com/watch?v=MG_FhWyUVGU
youtube.com/watch?v=q9mHvNn9xs4
youtube.com/watch?v=dbSFb_heW6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6wNgZq9vBTc
youtube.com/watch?v=TSeWL-hXhtk
youtube.com/watch?v=NF9DrUXowBo
youtube.com/watch?v=__vHa_JZ_iM
youtube.com/watch?v=gzxVBXCP1jg
youtube.com/watch?v=5T_uxoV5FuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YEqVgtLQ7qM
youtube.com/watch?v=kRCt0vkDKfY
youtu.be/7a0P-9XocYU
youtube.com/watch?v=_TgEH23SXk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why did you put portuguese user?

Pic unrelated

Arabic. Living in Michigan, I have to hear that damn language everywhere I go.

russian desu
>CYKA BLYAAT

probably korean

Check out ukrainian, my friend
The relationship between russian and ukrainian is like the one between german and dutch

Vietnamese and/or Chinese

>chinese
This
Now i don't have a lot of experience with chinamen, but i met a few today and fucking hell their language is like nails on a chalkboard to me

american girls whinging

There is zero flow to it, I think because of the fucking tonalities. Every syllable rudely barges in on the sentence and doesn't even have the courtesy to lead graciously into the next one. It becomes a series of explosive noises from a human being's mouth. SHO CHAO WHAI KO HAAA just fucking end it

I like european portuguese

video related

youtube.com/watch?v=RZRCdA9MKdA

but I can't stand brazil's portuguese

You described it perfectly, i couldn't put it into words till now.

Also this
Southern American girls can sound cute though

I've said that same thing about European Spanish but in America that's a very unpopular opinion. Most people seem to think that European Spanish sounds disgusting and Latin American's is wonderful and romantic.

>using a flag as a symbol for a language
Faggot
All of the world's languages are beautiful and fascinating.

But WHINGING user,

I am mainly talking about that valley girl nasal voice that makes one want to off himself

Germanic languages are generally really ugly

>not getting an erection for every ç

plebs those new worlders

youtube.com/watch?v=QICE5T6atQY

Came to post this. I disliked portuguese until I heard it spoken by portuguese people. The problem is that all the fucking courses teach the brazilian variety.

I'm from california and every girl I've ever known has had that drawl. It's at the point where I like it.

Toss up between Dutch and Polish.

youtu.be/xsBv1ukVp9U

>implying

youtube.com/watch?v=jlYkfUGfvFY

th-thanks for the video blocked in my country

french

I learned american english and for some reason the british accent makes my ears bleed. Same with french, I learned it in Quebec and I prefer the much hated quebecois accent over the continental ones.

Grass is always greener.

Castellano sounds pretty faggy. Take it from a Euro whose been to Spain several times. They sound like limp-wrist dainty faggots going 'TTHHHH' 'TTHHH' all the times.

Doth cervethas por favor y graciath. Just stab me in the ears.

I always thought it sounded like a mash up between Klingon, Portuguese and Russian.

German

It's just awful.

>russian and klingon

that would be mongolian
youtube.com/watch?v=MG_FhWyUVGU

It sounds like Hungarian.

they're ugly if you're into sing-song-y languages. to me they sound warlike, and I like that. on the other hand, some languages sound neither warlike nor sing-song-y aka pure shite

>Nobody has mentioned Czech yet

>Alphabet is a mess of diacritics
>Nouns get raped with prefixes and suffixes depending on the sentence's context
>The letter ř is the most ayy lmao sound that can be produced with the human voice
>Entire sentences can be created without using a single vowel

What's better:

>"hola amigoth, vamoth a lath playath? hay mucath cosath para hather en ethpana"
Or
>"hola amigos, bamos a la playa. hay muchas cosas para hacer en Uruguay"

>hola amigos, vamos a la plasha, hay muchas cosas para hacer en uruguay

thats how an uruguayan/argentinian would say it

it's super qt though

as if a bunch of 8 year olds decided to invent a language

youtube.com/watch?v=q9mHvNn9xs4

> to me they sound warlike
youtube.com/watch?v=dbSFb_heW6Q
> He has been hit. He need help!

Why do you think so?

American english sounds pretty funky

Which region?

kys

This isn't Veeky Forums but since you only option is to go to /int/ you can stay.

As an anglo living in Germany for 6 years and has naturally learned German, I would say that German's 'harshness' or whatever is way over-memed. It is really not that bad. Depends on the dialect perhaps, as some are pretty rough. Swiss sounds funny, as it's sing-songy but also has a lot of harsh hissing and clacking from the way they pronounce their 'CH' sounds. Eastern dialects tend to sound a little retarded. In Saxony, a tiger is pronounced almost exactly like saying "T-shirt" in English. First time I ever heard it, from a little kid at a zoo, I snorted and asked my girlfriend what the heck dialect was that. Gookma ein T-shirt (look mom, a tiger!)

Certainly the context most anglos hear it is war movies where everyone is screaming angrily.

Listen to some kids songs: youtube.com/watch?v=6wNgZq9vBTc or youtube.com/watch?v=TSeWL-hXhtk or some classical stuff: youtube.com/watch?v=NF9DrUXowBo

It's not that bad.

For my ears, a very distinct thing about German is its combining 'sch' sounds with softer consonants right after. schmelzen, Schnabel, Schmitz, Schule, schrecklich, Spatz (which sounds like Schpatz), etc. That's about as 'bad' as it gets. Of course it has a lot of compound nouns, so you get long words which are a mouthful if you're not used to it. But the pronunciation is fairly regular, and apart from it's hell-tier article system (which has snowball effects for some other elements), the grammar is mostly quite regular enough.

I find Dutch a pretty harsh ugly language. Sounds like a deaf retarded kid who can't move his mouth or tongue properly pretending to be Donald Duck while also choking on a hairball. I like the Dutch, but their language is just awful.

So it's some kind of combo between R, H and 'ts'?

Old Chinese is a million times worse than the modern Chinese languages
youtube.com/watch?v=__vHa_JZ_iM

Polish.

For some reason I doubt the chinks ever rolled their R's like that.

The guy is definitely doing it way too strong.

Is that a progression of pronunciation styles over time?

Portuguese is god awful
Dutch sounds like German with Down syndrome
German is harsh sounding but surprisingly beautiful in song (or I'm just too used to hearing German lieder)
Russian is also surprisingly beautiful not so much because of the language but because of the intonation, really cute spoken by women and funny spoken by men.

African languages sound like ooga booga.
Semitic languages sound like they're cleaning their throats all the time and are disgusting just like the people who speak them
Asian languages sound like Ching Chong ching wooooooa
Japanese is cute though they sound angry all the time :3

Are you rehashing a /int/ meme user? Because there's plenty worse sounding languages than portuguese.
Listen to this: youtube.com/watch?v=gzxVBXCP1jg
Can't call this ugly to hear

Esperanto

Japanese or Korean

Hebrew/Yiddish

has to be some slav cyka blyat shit

take it to /int/ tho

esperanto sounds...pretty cool to me desu

i guess i have a thing for all the k's and y's

sounds like they're saying

KYALO CHU PRIYALOY JUNNAY PYO GYU KYALALALALA

Not a language, but vocal fry is the worst thing ever.

Why does Portuguese sound like a Slav speaking Spanish?

Only sounds nice in the mainland. When you get to hear it from the Azores, its fucking aneurysm inducing. Especially from Rabo De Peixe, sounds like a different fucking language for fucks sake.

What's the language with the most aesthetic way to pronunce the "R"?

Obviously not counting Amrerican english

Northumbrian English. Anybody got that vid?

hit em with the hein!

I always liked the sound of Portuguese.

Hebrew and Yiddish are not the same thing at all, you can't use a slash. (Modern) Hebrew is a partially constructed semitic language, and it sounds like one. Guttural and spitty.

Yiddish is an offshoot of German that sounds like German with a distinct accent, along with some Hebrew words (said in a German way) thrown in, plus the odd bit of Slavspeak depending on the Yiddish variant. It can use the Hebrew script, but it doesn't always. Actually I think if you hear modern Yiddish, you're mostly hearing Israelis or New Yorkers with strong "Jew accents" speak it, and this definitely makes it sound even more Jewey. But I've heard some older recordings once, and to my ears it sounded a lot closer to standard German.

Because your brain is trying to make comparisons and you are biased and don't know much. It doesn't sound like Slav at all to me, it sounds like Portuguese. It's basically Spanish where the L = R, and J or X = SH (instead of that throaty H sound). Not always, but it tends to soften X (as in exquisito) or Z, so it sounds more like an S. And of course more words have that nasally -ao sound.

I always liked the sound of Portuguese.

Hebrew and Yiddish are not the same thing at all, you can't use a slash. (Modern) Hebrew is a partially constructed semitic language, and it sounds like one. Guttural and spitty.

Yiddish is an offshoot of German that sounds like German with a distinct accent, along with some Hebrew words (said in a German way) thrown in, plus the odd bit of Slavspeak depending on the Yiddish variant. It can use the Hebrew script, but it doesn't always. Actually I think if you hear modern Yiddish, you're mostly hearing Israelis or New Yorkers with strong "Jew accents" speak it, and this definitely makes it sound even more Jewey. But I've heard some older recordings once, and to my ears it sounded a lot closer to standard German.

Because your brain is trying to make comparisons and you are biased and/or don't know much. It doesn't sound like Slav at all to me, it sounds like Portuguese. It's basically Spanish where the L = R, and J or X = SH (instead of that throaty H sound). Not always, but it tends to soften X (as in exquisito) or Z, so it sounds more like an S. And of course more words have that nasally -ao sound.

>Dutch sounds like backwards English
>Afrikaans sound like backwards English with even less vowels

t. Romance speaker 3 months in South Afrika

Chinese really is the ugliest language I've heard. Not even phonetically but even the manner in which its spoken. Whiny and open mouthed like. Seeing people switch from English to Chinese blows my mind.

I've lived in China and Vietnam. Vietnamese is much worse than Chinese. Hearing Vietnamese almost makes me want to punch something

Slav languages in general sound shit.

Držte huby, čeština je pořád lepší než sračky jako němčina atd.

Czech is normie tier compared to some Caucasian or Salishan languages.

You would hate Burmese since it has vocal fry as one of its tones.

russian is fucking soothing and cute lad, it'd actually put it 1# on the list of nicest sounding languages

t-that turns me on

Dutch, Hungarian

Czech is funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=5T_uxoV5FuQ

youtube.com/watch?v=YEqVgtLQ7qM

Yiddish sounds cool imho, like a more emotional German.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRCt0vkDKfY

>Every diacritic consonant is made very similarly to it's counterpart e.g. ts, ch (c, č)
>every vowel and consonant is constant and does not change like Russian where intonation changes preceding vowel, or english non contant perverted combination of germanic on latin alphabet..
>having one unique and simple dialectic consonant being unbearable.
>nearly no sentences can be created without vowels.

Next time be less butthurt since there are worse languages.

But anyway if i'd have to go with the worst language I would rather list them.

Most of the african languages, especially around the center.

Southeast asian languages - Vietnamese, Thai etc. for their nasal unaesthetic perversion being called a language.

Portuguese - sounds like gypsified Spanish

German - sounds rough, but that is not as much of a problem as language rule exception seem to be in majority over words regarding the rules.

Hungarian - Because nothing including poetry sounds remotely appealing

Semitic languages include way to horrible to bear amount of kh making it a phlegm hunting contest to unaware spectators of their conversation

And form the extinct Hittite and Etruscan which sounded horrible. Etruscan even had the notorious african click sound.

Ahoj m8. Been there a couple of times on a holiday and I find it pretty charming. I always said Ahoj against cassiers when I left and there looks were priceless for instance

Afrikaans is the ugliest, most bizarre language in the world if you are dutch.
Afrikaans is literally provincial dutch written down phonetically. Imagine phonetically written down georgie english as an independent language, that's how Afrikaans looks to dutch people

this is /int/ shit, not Veeky Forumsshit.

It's both.

My mother's Cuban with family there and in the canary islands. For us the 'v' and 'b' are interchanged regularly but absolutely no 'th'.

Yeah, because "ahoj" is a rather familiar greeting, so it's not something you say to a cashier.

East asian languages

Spaniard:
Hola amigoth, vamosh a lash playath? Hay muchaj cosaj para hather en Ethpaña
Rioplatense
Hola amigoh, vamoj a las plashas? Hay muchaj cosah para hacer en ...
Caribbean
Holah amigoh. vamoj a lah playah? Hay muchah cosah para hajeh en ...

Subhuman spanish all of them

Only Chinese sounds bad.
Southeast Asia is where the ugly languages are spoken.

Where the hell did you study?

>Hola amigos, vamos a la playa, hay muchas cosas para hacer en España.

There is literally nothing wrong with [spoiler]most[/spoiler] African languages.
youtu.be/7a0P-9XocYU

>spoilers don't work on Veeky Forums
Fuck.

Gypsified Spanish. Haha.

Portuguese is the worst. It is the antithesis to all that is good and beautiful. Portugal is such a farce of a country, a veritable cultural non-entity.

Also, Spanish-speakers that gratuitously roll their r's. It's so obnoxious.

>tfw studying Mandarin and actually really like it

It's like the German of Asia, really gruff and stronk. I especially like the Northern dialects, they sound like rough but friendly pirates.

as a white amerifat who speaks a fair amount of mandarin, I disagree with you guys. it's a fun language to speak. you can get carried away with the tones though, it's hard to be subtle.

Vietnamese on the other hand is insufferable to listen to.

>GUANRR
>DIANRRR

I find it funny they teach beijing accents in western chinese classes.

Dutch, by a huge margin:

youtube.com/watch?v=_TgEH23SXk8

This, Vietnamese sounds horrible, with Chinese coming at a close second.

Honorable mention goes to English spoken by females from the New Jersey area.

Sounds like a mix of german, english and portuguese. Kek maximus.

She says Tour de France with an English accent, probably rest is with an English accent too.

>MUH BOOK-LANGUAGE PURITY

No one who speaks Dutch has a leg to stand on when it comes to criticizing other languages.

No joke, I think Portuguese is the most beautiful Romance language. Yea it's people are mostly short cod-loving peasant plebs, but so what?

German, Russian and Chinese all sound like shit.

Well, this thread sure turned to /int/ tier garbage. Good job Veeky Forums.