How did the rest of the world view the US in various points in history? (1812, civil war etc)

how did the rest of the world view the US in various points in history? (1812, civil war etc)

as a actual entity or just

> those silly rebel twats who think democracies can work.

Other urls found in this thread:

deathandtaxesmag.com/220581/petition-for-u-s-to-give-florida-back-to-spain/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams–Onís_Treaty
tamu.edu/faculty/ccbn/dewitt/adamonis.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you not go to school?

Read Tocqueville, It's entirely a European's perception of America, it's also very insightful.

He characterizes Americans as a restless & commercial people ALWAYS concerned with money.

Also as early as 1803 Napoleon remarked when he sold Louisiana:

>This accession of territory affirms forever the power of the United States, and I have given England a maritime rival that sooner or later will lay low her pride

I had to do a lot of research on the First Barbary War (1801-1805). After the famous naval engagement in Tripoli harbor to board the captured USS Philadelphia and burn it, Admiral Nelson said that it was the most daring act of the age. The Pope at the time commended the American sailors and marines on the action.

After the Battle of New Orleans we went from a third rate colonial meme to a dangerous regional power led by an 'American Napoleon' that had every world leader with clay on the continent scared shitless.

They were right to be scared.

Jackson was the shit, and I'm Cherokee

Jackson was a shit,
and I'm a federal bank.

Cuck

> The United States seem destined by Providence to plague America with torments in the name of freedom

If anything, siding with the guy who genocided your people would make you a cuck

>Latin American using the United States and America in the same sentence as different terms

I'll never get over how funny this is.

lol butthurt featherfag

>>those silly rebel twats who think democracies can work
is this post implying that british and american ruling systems were actually distinguishable for the largest part of their respective history?

what does a city in rhode island have to do with america's destiny?

I think most people in the know realized America had ridiculous potential and would live up to it in time.

why's that?

>tfw he was right

This.

>siding with the guy who genocide his people
he did do that

fucking hate Napoleon for making America powefull. America is one of humanitys biggest misstakes

cosmic horrors and whatnot

Kys ignoramus faggot
Also 1812 is napoopon time, no one gives two shits about your failure against the bongs

It was a draw

That's what he's saying

The anti-democratic nations of central and eastern Europe like Germany and Russia viewed the US as a "nation of thugs and rowdys".

Because he's autistic and thinks the USA is America, like if an African nation just decided to one day change it's name to Republic of Africa.

>citation needed
At least germany was quite fascinated by the US. Just look at the success of Karl May books. The romanticized idea of lonely cowboys is popular till this day there. The US certainly had a better reputation then france and britain for germans

Here's an interesting confrontation between German and US forces right after the Battle of Manila Bay.

In Summation: Spanish American War, USA BTFO the Spics in the Philippines. But at the same time, German Reich sends a fleet to watch the USA looking to grab a few islands off the Philippines as Spain falls in case Ameriniggers aren't interested. Amerinigs suspect Krauts. Standoff ensues.

"...(American Commodore) Dewey talked himself into a rage. He insisted on the fact that according to the right of blockade, he basically had every right to board any ship of whatever nationality. According to (German Lieutenant) von Hintze, Dewey then said (to von Hintze), "Why, I shall stop each vessel whatever may be her colors! And if she does not stop, I shall fire at her! And that means war, do you know, sir? And I tell you, if Germany wants war, all right, we are ready.
(German Admiral) Von Diederichs, on the other hand, reported that he kept his temper because words spoken in a state of high emotions should not be given much importance: "I am inclined to excuse both the immaturity and ill-manner of the American nation which has not had enough time, apart from material progress, to teach their sons good manners."
Kaiser Wilhelm II commented on this in a marginal note with just one word: "correct.""

-1898 German Naval report to Kaiser Wilhelm II on the tense standoff between German and American forces in Manila Bay. "The Philippines and The Kaiser's 'World Politics.'" By Volker Schult.

Oops I meant

From European perspective, it was after the war of Cuba that the us started getting attention, but not until the joined in ww1 people perceived them as a world power

Jackson was a badass but he was also a shitty president

Hola Juan

Hola

>China = Chinese
>Russia = Russian
>Brazil = Brazilian
>United States of America = ?
Every other country in this hemisphere has a specific name. There is no way better way to refer to the US. Also, it is not the same as a "Republic of Africa" because the US does not in any way claim to be America as a whole. It is the 'States' that are 'United' in 'America.'

No were too retarded to come up with a demonym for people who come from the USA. Nice

Meant to say "So", fuck

Is it true that the state of Florida should return to Spain in the future?
is that internet say that Spain recover the state of florida in the future

(2055, 2119 or 2121)

>Spain
>recovering anything
They can't even recover their economy, let alone territory. If anything, they're going to LOSE territory in the future.

I read on the internet is, that in the future the United States will have to return the state of Florida to Spain.

It is a treaty or something
deathandtaxesmag.com/220581/petition-for-u-s-to-give-florida-back-to-spain/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams–Onís_Treaty
tamu.edu/faculty/ccbn/dewitt/adamonis.htm

>I read on the internet is, that in the future the United States will have to return the state of Florida to Spain
Lolno. We didn't lease it. We purchased it. We might end up giving back Guantanamo to Cuba, but Florida is ours. Spain lost all claims to it with Adam-Onis.

that is.

the state of Florida is permanently a state of the United States

>Florida is permanently a state of the United States
Keep thinking that, Yankee

But Guantanamo isn't US territory, it's occupied Cuban territory, that's why it's in such a legal limbo. Kinda of like if I rented an apartment for a couple of years, landlord says get the fuck out, and I replied with "lol no", for the next 50.

New question: How did the Chinese view Americans throughout their development?

It seems that the first mention of the east in most American schools is that "They worked on the railroads and died a lot,"

When did they first know about sailing east, or start coming in numbers?

How about Burgerclapper?

>those silly rebel twats who think democracies can work

Oh, boy, can we stop with this meme? Representative democracy already existed in Europe. The political system in the US was hardly any different than that of the Netherlands for example.

barbarians until they nuked the japs

If you declare a war and it ends in a status quo, you failed to achieve your goals.

The defender keeping everything they had constitutes a successful defense.

It's like saying "yeah we besieged that castle and failed to take it but we didn't lose."

Barbarians and racist to chinese people (chinese exclusion acts, various riots against the chinese while they were in the US)

Around world war 2, they saw them as allies because they were beating the japs back to Japan.

After ww2, China saw america as an enemy that could threaten to overthrow their government

Now, an adversary and major power who they try to out compete. Many think China will be much better than the US in the future, but its likely China will become a much poorer version of Japan.