The Turks are the legitimate heirs to the Roman empire

the Turks are the legitimate heirs to the Roman empire

No they aren't. The Italians are the true heir of the Roman Empire.

No one is the heir to the Roman Empire, just as no one is the heir to the Mongolian Empire, Alexander's Empire, the British Empire, and so forth.

Ok. Jupiter worship when?

In my opinion the only nation that could actually be considered a "heir of Rome" is un-ironically the Vatican. It's the only institution that was part of and dates back to Roman times. Also the Catholic Church is basically just Paganism 2.0

I'll support whatever successor state that actually wants to restore Rome and get get rid of abrahamic religions.

Mussolini wanted to get rid of the Catholic Church.

>Romans
>couldn't defend Rome

So Veeky Forums, why is the Western Roman Empire considered Roman?

Maybe the Byzantines were but that went out the window when they were conquered by the Arabs.

And he was killed in one of the most awful ways possible.

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Look, you dumb fuckers, there's an easy way to prove who's the legitimate heir to the Roman Empire.

It's simple: who has the Palladium? Who has Athena's statue that Odysseus and Diomedes took from the burning ruins of Troy?

I'm not sure he died the most awful ways possible. AFAIK he could've just be killed by one stroke with a pipe or something and then the crowd could've chomped out later. I don't know the details and there are way worse ways to go.

Not this agaaaaaainnnnnnnn

Cause it died with Rome.

It's simple. The city is literally all that matters, once the Senate and People of Rome stopped being at least indirectly in control of the empire, then it stopped being Rome's empire. That means, when emperors stopped ruling there, giving some fucks about the curias, aulas and senate.

The Roma's football club is more Roman than Turkey.

Its not the city, its the people. The concept of the city mattering is silly because its a connection with the Senate, and the Senate became less and less influential with the rise of the principate thanks to Augustus.

Did the Byzantines have a Pontifex Maximus?

Post yfw you realized Italy is the only plausible heir of the Roman Empire.
We will make Roma great again!

Rome's position as capital of the Western Empire was ceremonial at best for a good century or so before it fell.

> not > > >

No, but they are the leaders of the Caliphate.

remove kebab

>literal squatters
>bastard Asian nomads
>romans

Keep telling yourself that Suleiman

Yes but at the same time no definitely not

No they aren't

Why do you guys always say Roman empire? You'd have a more sound argument if you said ERE.

WAKE ME UP

eastern roman empire is still roman empire.

No. Rome is dead with Republic
Augustus is faggot

Kill yourself.

This. I'm not a fan of Catholicism but it is, currently, the state with the best claim to being the heir to the Roman Empire.

Wasn't Mussolini just executed via gunshot? That's not a great way to go, but there's definitely ones that are a hell of a lot worse.

Admittedly, what happened to his corpse afterwards was horrible, and didn't make the people fighting against him look any better. Should have just cremated him, thrown him into the ocean and been done with it.