What events occurred which changed Christianitys original message of "If you want to enter eternal life...

What events occurred which changed Christianitys original message of "If you want to enter eternal life, keep the commandments" to "If you want to go to Heaven just believe!!!"?

I am rather sure that many Lutherans think focusing on faith alone is enough to start keeping the commandments.
Why do people keep posting that fake quotes?

literative ability transgressing from priest class to pleb class

Pretty sure that Marc Aurel spoke Greek or Roman and not English though.

Rather sure he wasn't made of marble either.

god realised that humans can't not break the commandments so he sent his magic sperm down and bam

But it was Jesus who said to keep the commandments if you want to enter life.

What would you think of a people who roleplay following a religion when the commandments of the religion are false according to its holy book, especially if said book is the most read and memorized book ever and this is the most popular religion in the world?

-Jeremiah 8:8
How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of God," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

When comfronted with this, usually the child of satan posts a nearby verse claiming that it is either the talmud or that it was referring to their behaviour that would confirm the law he agrees with.

Well, let's check the most inmediately close verse, shall we?

-Even the stork in the sky knows her appointed seasons, and the dove, the swift and the thrush observe the time of their migration. But my people do not know the requirements of God.

Oh, it appears that what the book says is that people don't know the law of God because the law of God got changed by deceivers, I wonder how nobody was able to put these 2 consecutive verses together, it must be very hard to read a text sequentially like it was meant to be read.

Fun fact: This religion also claims that there will be a false christ whose wounded image will be worshipped in a worldwide popular church, whereas the true church will be persecuted, I have it on good authority that a persecuted church doesn't have 500+ years old churches because they get demolished as persecuted people have to flee from a place to another, just like persecutions in real life!

god is a piece of shit

the emergence of nation states probably didn't help

nationalism is a form of idolatry

I'm fairly certain he was Nubian

Best comment this dick ever said was "poverty is the mother of all crime"
And then let his cock of a son sit on the throne

>Roman

Aurelius was still a monster who sacked Ctesiphon.

I have far more respect for Alexander than this hypocrite.

Seneca was more genuine and sincere as a Stoic.

Even if that's true, you're not refuting the quote, just saying that it wasn't made by Marcus Aurellius.

>I have it on good authority that a persecuted church doesn't have 500+ years old churches because they get demolished as persecuted people have to flee from a place to another, just like persecutions in real life!
But a persecuted church has some continuity and identity.
C'mon, even the mandeeans managed to keep that.

protestants getting board and making up shit.
"faith alone" - every protestant
"Faith without works is dead" - Jesus

> you're not refuting the quote

If the quote is misattributed, it's misleading.

"Actually, I changed my mind. God is actually real, sorry about that." - Carl Sagan.

Alternatively, "Life a good life. If there are gods and they are just ... [etc etc] ... in the memories of your loved ones." - Adolf Hitler.

What makes you think that?

What events changed your conception from a planned abortion to bringing your miserably ass into the world?

So? The point of the quote is still the argument made, not the fact that Marcus Aurelius may have said it.

Hasn't that always been the case though?
It's been a while since I read the bible, but I remember multiple parts in Genesis where God's main boy of the moment is just generally being an opportunistic dick and the only reason he is helped by God is because he believes in him.
At one point he even tricks some dudes to fuck his wife and get damned for it just to get into the city.
I know what I'm going to say next is pretty /pol/, but most of the protags in Genesis show a lot of sneaky underhanded behavior that stereotipically gets attributed to jews.