Was he a hero?

Was he a hero?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radu_cel_Frumos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>invite peasants to have a feast in a church
>seal it from the outside and burn it

don't know if a hero but he sure knew how to prank and do social experiments

He was a monster, the pain he cause outdid the good he did greatly, his means are not justifiable, killing cripples by burning them alive means being evil.

Yea but come on its dracula, its just a few innocent pranks thats all

From his point of view the cripples were evil

In regards to Muslims? Totally.

He was eastern european.

No heroes there.

The hero Europe needed since the Hungarians seem to flip from savior to useless a lot

why? what did he do?

Apparently he kept an invading Ottoman army from getting deeper into Europe.

yes

>No heroes there.
spot the retard/germanboo

i am romanian and i agree that we dont have any heroes, childhood stories were about "haiduc" basically thieves a la robbin hood. stealing and giving to the poor, recent studies think that they did not give to the poor and stole from the poor also. Vlad was a genius in terror warfare and given a satanic nickname by the Turks, instead of rejecting the title, he lived up to it and used terror on the Turks, he was a good villain

It's a matter of perspective. Although since t*rks dislike him that helps tip him towards the hero category.

>comics
Wew

Yeah, because Romania represents the whole Eastern Europe.

>removed kebab

Sounds like a hero to me

>Be me, Vlad Tepes at age 10
>Me and my brother are taken prisoners by the ottomans and used as fuckboys for hairy, sweaty turkish men
>I spend the rest of my imprisonment growing my hate for turks
>10 years later I finally escape to Europe
>It's time to plan my revenge
>I go back to Wallachia and kill the ruler, who had usurped my father's throne
>I take his place and I start developing anti-Ottoman alliances to keep them out of Europe
>Mehmed's diplomats tell me I have to pay tribute and recognize his authority, I cut their heads off and send them back
>The sultan keeps trying to kill me, but I outsmart his men and have them all impaled. He is mad as fuck now and coming in full force
>I use my superior military knowledge to ambush the invading army during months
>They suffer many casualties and run away scared of my gruesome methods
>All of Europe congratulates me on my victories
>Some years later I die fighting to protect my lands
>500 years later people keep calling me a ruthless monster and the most evil guy who ever lived

Yes. Now there are a few contrarian edgelords who would like you to think differently but what is a man who stands against the Islamic plague if not a hero?

much of the atrocities he supposedly did are make belief conjured up by the Turks
to scare merchants from going to his principality
who could have economically benefitted him.
That doesn't mean that he wasn't a cruel person though.

>Contrarian
The mainstream view of Vlad is that he's a psycho nobleman who is a dick to both his own people and Ottoman Invaders.

Calling him a hero is exactly edgelord shit.

He did free Romania from the Turks, so in a way he was a hero, however, his psychological warfare tactics were cruel as fuck. It's hard to find a grey area with him, did the ends justify the means? I'd say yes, personally.

True, but he kept his murderlust directed towards turks and corrupt nobles.
And if there's one thing eastern euros hate, it's turks and corrupt leaders.
And the fact that chronicles say people were glad when he got his ass on the throne the second time tell us he was a step-up from the usual, atleast from the common folk's POV.

Daily reminder the reason Vlad and his brother Radu were in Ottoman court in the first place was because his father asked help of Ottomans for his succession to throne, which Ottomans provided in return for payment and father gave the children to Ottoman Sultan as a form of guarantee and loyalty. They were given court level education, including language, philosophy, horse riding and warfare.

He was later defeated by his own brother who converted Islam and was given charge of Janissaries while Mehmed commanded the Spahis. He spoke Turkish fluently which helped him greatly in his missions against the Ottomans especially the famous night attack. He lived and interesting life and you could easily make a TV series out of it with all the court intrigue and power struggle it entails but because of the vampire meme they are ruined by cheap fantasy insert.

>Was he a hero?

He killed turks, that means yes

I think he pissed off Western Europe too somehow, since he was imprisoned once in Hungary and all the vampiric legends about him were actually just German propaganda.
So he was really in big shit, caught between Western Europe and the Ottoman Empire, both wanting him dead.

>The mainstream view of Vlad is that he's a psycho nobleman
Thats the perception in movies and horror literature. It has nothing to do with the historical perception.

Hungarians disliked him because of his father. Wallachian throne was taken by Hungarians, Vlad's father asked help of Ottomans in return for paying tributes and got the throne back.

Romanians see him as an iron-fisted champion.

A miserable pile of secrets

They were just passing their hate for his dad on to him, Dracula literally means son of the devil

A a romanian,he is considered to be a hero,a ruler with a harsh hand,and no one dared to cross him. Unironicly in my history classes,the teachers proudly present us on how he put nails in head of muslism ,how he burned people alive and killed priests that talked bad about him.

He is was schooled in the ottoman empire,oh the irony.

Him, Mihai Viteazul and Stefan cel Mare are like the top 3 national heroes from medieval times

He wasn't even human so you cant apply human morals and logic to him.

what happened with his brother?

Ehehehe.

Childhood friends with Mehmed the Conqueror. Converted to Islam and was known as Radu the Handsome, helped topple his brother.

Real world cuck

*the dragon, because his dad was in the order of the dragon

Yes. He bravely fought the Turks and wasn't a cuck and concubine like his brother.

Most of the stories about him were slander made by the Saxons living in Transylvania.

He turned to the dark side.

He did his best to protect his nation from invaders, right? Sounds legit to me. Sure, some innocents got killed, but what leader hasn't in those days?

>yfw some Anglo-Irish cuck writes vampire fanfiction about you

>defends yurop against roaches
>triggers tutti frutti cucks
>gives the world thousands of hours of vampire entertainment

I'd say yes but what do I know I'm just a fat american

>I have killed peasants men and women, old and young, who lived at Oblucitza and Novoselo, where the Danube flows into the sea, up to Rahova, which is located near Chilia, from the lower Danube up to such places as Samovit and Ghighen. We killed 23,884 Turks without counting those whom we burned in homes or the Turks whose heads were cut by our soldiers...Thus, your highness, you must know that I have broken the peace with him (Sultan Mehmet II).

i's just an experiment broo

The maestro of psychological warfare, no man comes close
>when you manage to turn back an entire army just by terrifying them into submission
>when the crime rate literally reaches 0 because everyone's shitting themselves

That's because Vlad raided German towns.

>kill thousands of innocents for your mad schemes
>gets triggered about harmless "racism"

Romanian here.Yes.

You're just jealous that you won't be friends with royalty

He was a hero .... the stories about him are bullshits things created by Saxons and Hungarians..

His brother was much more interesting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radu_cel_Frumos

>eastern euros hate corrupt leaders
lmao

the fug you just say?

Turk here, I think Mihai the Brave was far more capeable and did far more than Vlad every did. But Vlad's story is more interesting and he is basically memed into #1 which shoudl belong to Mihai. Romanians I met boast about Vlad and Mihai, how they were never totally annexed but they always seem to ignore the period 1600 up to late 19th century where blood was literally sucked the out of them on behalf of Ottomans, (Phanariots were the worse imho althoguh some joined the independence movements later on) and not being annexed did not changed the fact of bleeding them dry sadly. But every nation needs its glory and nevertheless their efforts maybe averted a much bigger disaster.

I get this a lot because I'm doing a lot of business with Romania, heard "We are not pashaluk" meme about a hundred times. I always joke to them that post communism they literally allowed turks (and others) back in and now they are exploiting romania through their corporations-capital-businessmen

Still, both Romanians (and eastern europeans in general) and turks have far bigger troubles than one another and after "you enslaved my ancestors" plus "we killed you here haha" rhetoric there is not much racism/anger/hate that I see. Maybe because the turks they know are middle class balkan tourists, the historical ottocucks and shitty turkish soap operas, while west gets the lower class religious bunch and thats the only t*rk they reiceve. Maybe its anecdotal but I encountered far more racism in France and Netherlands (diaspora votes %79 akp) than in bulgaria, romania and serbia, for all their turk hate post remove kebab you get along well

anyways back to the topic more I read about Mihai more I think he is highly very highly underrated.

overrated AF. /pol/ and /int/ fags here who idiolize this meme seem to forget that he ended up losing his empire and getting beheaded

All I can think of when I see this image is "TRANSYLVANIA ES WHITE!"

Fug yes he was

Like a hero

Eh he was a pretty cool guy
Saved europe and doesnt afraid of anything (except sunlight)

He killed gypsies, not peasants

>Most of the stories about him were slander made by the Saxons living in Transylvania.
Pretty much this.
Rather similar to haw Elisabeth Bathory had rumours made about her about bathing in virgin blood, so her lands could be usurped, by her own relative, if I remember right.

they idolize him because of his unique take on psychological warfare and defiance in the face of bigger forces. But yeah, he lost in the end, so did napoleon and nazi germany

also he removed kebab so always bonus points for that

You gotta do what you gotta do

In Serbian folk tradition there's no mention of hajduk's giving to the poor, the just butcher Turks and take their stuff.