Ideas For Mounting a Spare Tire

Ideas For Mounting a Spare Tire

>blocking almost the entire grille
nice

On the windshield

I've always wanted a skinny tire on the hood myself

I sleep in the bed when I go camping so trying to avoid mounting it there. It has a double fuel tank so it doesn't have a factory mount anywhere.

engine compartment is the best place for a spare tire
prove me wrong (you can't)

Let's put the tire in a place where it gets really fucking hot and really fucking cold.
What's the worse that could happen to the rubber?

Badass roof cage is best

I had volvo 340 with spare under the bonnet. Original spare ty(i)re was ~20 years old then. Absolutely no problems, no cracks, no pressure loss, driveable .
Also do you run your coolant from engine block to radiator and back in copper pipes? Don't think so.

on rear window where pic related's fuel canisters are located

Mount it to the cab roof behing the lightbars, or on an aftermarket mount on the liftgate.

Best place to store a spare.

sounds like a good idea. may take a few years off it's life but at least it isn't in the trunk preventing your hektik skids

Worst place to mount a spare?

Caravan/T&C has them inbetween the driver and passenger seats, underneath the car.

I actually like this spot to mount a spare, the only bad thing is there usually isn't room for a larger tire in there

What's wrong with this? Mine is stored there too. It was easy enough to get out when I needed it.

rear swing out mount is still the best.

i hate it when I get a MallUV for a rental. the spare is below the trunk floor. which leaves basically no space for cargo inside.

>car so low on power you can't make hektik skids with a tire in your trunk

Hmm lets see how much weight we can get over the front axle, I'm sure there won't be any negative effects on handling like understeer.

Strapped in the middle of your wagon with a bugee cord masterrace. Dat weight balance.

Second the tailgate mount for convenience. Works fine on older Broncos among many others.

I'll take what normally happens to your tire during a normal commute for 200 Alex

My friend crashed his truck on the back road, which popped one the tires off the rim. he was half in a ditch.

In order to get to his spare we had to get a shovel and dig out a small pit under his truck.

Unless he popped both rear tires off rims I don't see how you couldn't get under to release the spare. It's the rear of a truck. Just fucking lift the thing up if it comes to that. The back only weighs a couple hundred, and you can lever most of that forwards.

you cant be serious