caradvice.com.au/492846/2018-holden-commodore-review-new-opel-insignia-driven/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Omega#Omega_V8_.28prototypes.29
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for HSP's VORT

straight up 180's and 360's

Who else hitting the bong tonight?

4th for probing

Right here! Joints though

I see the gpx250/zzr250 can be picked up for like 2-4k, they're basically ninjas right? Any problems with bikes this cheap? As far as I can see they're produced since the late 80s to the late 00s so there should be no problems winding parts and stuff?

gpx250 is like the current ninja 2squiddies, parallel shit
zzr250 is the 4banger that sounds like sex

old bikes, probably a bit of maintenance to be had with them, especially old carbs but you can find some in good nick and they're pretty indestructible

Rich boiiii. I cant afford to be smashing down joint. Especially since I only smoke straight

Carbs are a meme. Get them done properly once then just tune them a little bit each summer and winter. It's not hard to maintain them if you don't let them get fucked

If my lazy cunt of a spray painter doesn't have my car ready tomorrow I'm going to torch his fucking workshop.

God damn it, it's 2 weeks overdue already I JUST WANT MY CAR BACK YOU SLIMY WOG FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also what wheels would suit a late model Holden the best? Fr-19's are the only option I've thought of, or are there any other 5 spoke options that look good? Standard wheels weren't on it when I picked the car up, plus standard rears aren't wide enough to my liking. I've got about a $3k budget for some good wheels, so help me out boys.

>inb4 meme answer of coonblades/wogblades depending on what area of Gods' country you're from.

>2018 Holden Commodore
>3.6-litre naturally aspirated six-cylinder engine, nine-speed automatic gearbox and a dual-clutch all-wheel drive system
>Twinster all-wheel drive system is also used in the Ford Focus RS
>Holden’s target for the V6 engine is 230kW of power and 370Nm of torque

This is what they expect out of the top spec Commodore of 2018. Significantly less power than the V8 and a Focus RS-style "Drift Mode" feat. frequent overheating and going FWD.

I hope HWP get stuck with these things. It's a joke compared to the Falcodores.

Both the ZZR250 and GPX250 have parallel twins, you're thinking of the ZX2R. I think the ZZR250, GPX250 and the current Ninja 250 have the same engine?

Fucking degenerate

Loljk I'm doing it too

>9 speed auto
literally what is the point

It sucks as far as performance goes, but it does look good.

What are those headlights called?

Dunno. I guess it'd be sort-of fun if they meant the transmission was a dual-clutch auto but that's almost certainly referring to their gimmicky AWD system.

I'm just amazed at how outclassed this thing is by what we already have, though I suppose it'll sell to normies.

aren't coppers already cruising in shitty camry's?

how much is it gonna weigh?

Aurion Sportivos, but that's pretty much just a V6 Camry with more power and maybe better handling.

>200-300kg lighter than the current Commodore, and around 170kg lighter than the current Insignia

Sounds a little unrealistic to me.

ZZR is also a twin, you're thinking of the ZXR250.

Parts shouldn't be too hard to get, only thing I could see being a problem is carby issues but if you're willing to sink a bit of time into cleaning and getting them running right you'd be into a winner most likely.

pop up?

I mean what replaces the light in it. Those two lights instead of the single one.

>V8 ute racing is going to be replaced by 4cyl dieselshit

>4 cylinder diesel shit
reeeeEEEEEEEEEE amerifat trucks get out

I still don't get why econobox utes like the Ranger and BT50 are so popular here. Would have thought American "trucks" would sell like hotcakes if they were sold in the Australian market.

what holden, vf or ve?
I love simmons, they suit any commodore seeing my car on E3s next to another commy on Simmons, the E3s just stand out way more and look tuffer I reckon.
Try get some HSV wheels or bmw X5 wheels, they always look phat as on a lowered late model commy.

They do but they are 100k and up

>mfw my stock ls1 vy makes more power than this top of the line brand new commodore

New dodge rams are 120k for the base model, and they are tank size. So good luck parking that fat turd.

No shit. The new commo is an econo shitbox. dead from factory.

>tfw went to a party
>drove there so just stuck to a few beers
>everyone was eccing out their minds
>>haha dude why are you drinking alcohol lol

2018 Holden Commodore dimensions (compared to current Commodore):

>Length: 4899mm (-74mm shorter)
>Width: 1863mm (-36mm narrower)
>Wheelbase: 2829mm (-86mm shorter)
>Knee room: Identical to current Commodore
>Head room: 952mm (-13mm less)
>Shoulder room: 1444mm (-58mm less)
>Hip room: 1410mm (-44mm less)
>Cargo volume: Undisclosed, but expected to be larger due to hatch
>Centreline: 375mm (-18mm less)

caradvice.com.au/492846/2018-holden-commodore-review-new-opel-insignia-driven/

>No shit. The new commo is an econo shitbox. dead from factory.
Still a full sized shitbox, it seems. But the bogans won't embrace it. And why would someone buy it over a Camry?

GM has fucked up here. They've lost the Centrelink dollar and nu-males don't even into cars.

Those photos look good, but it will be a giant turd from factory.

holdne should've just ended the model

I'll park my tank where ever the hell I damn well please
Holdne where banking on the name selling the car, it's still a commodore, but in badge only

The renderings don't seem unrealistic. I don't think it'll look too bad or too far off from it.

Apparently they couldn't fit turbos in the V6 model. It's up to the FWD 4cyl model to be boosted to hell and back now.

HSV did it with the Astra, after all.

If they were priced here as they are in the States (or similarly) they'd sell out in a blink like the Mustang did.

so I've got 15k to spend

just want something that's reliable, has some grunt to it and doesn't look bland as fuck

low-ish KMs preferable and a newer model with some comfort shit would be nice but not really needed
a lot of people I know are telling me to get a Mazda 3 or a baseline golf but they just seem boring as fuck

Cleanest XR6 Turbo you can find.

Mazda 3 SP25. I am buying one next week, I've test driven 3 of them and they are quick for a little buzz box, good on fuel and even better in manual.

You can also save for your cool weekend project car quicker.

G6E Turbo. They tend to be thrashed a little less than the XR6T. Mileage may be a little higher on the more affordable ones but the Barra goes forever.

its never going to be the same based RWD V8 it once was

face it, the gooks have taken over australian styling

Speaking of gooks, you know how they make blatant copies of cars like the 'land wind' rover knock off. Why don't we just convince them to make the lionwheel cammadare with the special 'hsp shard' performance edition. We'd be able return to a glorious time when commodores were properly dangerous and just swap mangtecs into them when they get here

A bit unrelated but I wonder how much it would cost to get a workshop up and running that makes near-identical VL or VN commies

I.E. Get the machine presses to make the body panels, use rebuilt engines, new spares for suspension stuff

Anyone know what a truck battery is worth? Got one sitting in my shed. Only used for 6 months

>pic related, my truck battery

Wew I'd invest in a vn kit car or reproduction workshop

>the gooks have taken over australian styling
Buick is Amerishit, though. Poor man's Cadillac.

>Buick-branded vehicles are also known for reliability, ranking in the top ten for reliability in Consumer Reports' brand reliability rankings

>Australian styling

>reminder that every post-70s Commodore was either designed by Germans or Americans

The VL is literally a Opel Senator with a new grill. Thanks GM.

thats a vk you dumb cunt

A lot of that sounds good.

>No V8
J U S T

>implying theres a difference
they looked so the same back then.
no imagination.

Because they have to be specially imported and converted to RHD, which costs a fuckload.

>So good luck parking that fat turd.
If we planned our cities like the Americans do, and give proper provisioning to parking spaces and road infrastructure, it wouldn't be an issue. Fact is our cities are ass, roads are tiny and everything is packed together like cities in Europe.

For all the noise that everyone makes about Australia being in a better situation than the US, it certainly doesn't seem that way. It's just unbelievable how much richer everyone in the US is, I'd take living there rather than Australia any day of the week.

VE and VF were Australian styled vehicles

XA-XC and BA-FGx were also examples of Australian styling

australian car design is killer

The current Zeta platform underpinning the Commodore and the Caprice as well as the US derived Camaro was developed by Holden. We don't even get the Caprice as a civilian vehicle in the US, and the Commodore is imported here from Australia as the Chevrolet SS.

trucks of all sizes manage to drive around sydney fine..

>It's just unbelievable how much richer everyone in the US is
they arent

Bonnet protector on your mums wagon looks tough.

sa hills blitz is in opperation
I was thinking what if someone found the location of a camera and called it in worried that it could be some kind of bomb or something?
suspicious devices placed by the side of the road would be sure to get attention from people

how about someone walks up to a camera and smashes the lens with a hammer? wear a mask while doing it and they likely wouldnt catch you

because that's a crime
but reporting something you consider to be a possible threat to the community wouldn't be so bad

could always report it to the news saying suspicious looking men dressed as police set it up

As if the authorities would give a fuck. They'll realise what it is and say it's not a problem.

I like the brute force method

Just get an angle grinder and cut the fuckers down from the pole they're mounted on. Someone did that to one of the cameras going into Launceston... still hasn't been replaced.

Easy mode guys. Paintball gun. One shot on the lens will fuck it for a good time and its very cheap and repeatable.

Not bad suggestions, I'll keep them in mind. Anything's better than the horrendous Speedy Inferno's that are on it at the moment. I've seen quite a few Holdens getting around on Beemer wheels, it took a bit to get used to but they're growing on me now. The big problem I have at the moment is finding something that will get over the calipers, the HSV/AP Racing brakes don't leave a lot of wiggle room for some of the wheel sets I've seen and liked.

I guess I'll email some tire shop and see how much they want to fuck my ass for some FR 3 pieces or something though, there's just not a lot of options in my racist little North QLD shithole, especially when it comes to finding genuine HSV wheels up here.

I should move back south.

or just spray paint it black because then no one will notice until the camera starts taking black pictures

The gun however has the advantage of a little bit of range.

You should get Dark Argents desu.

Hey mr black argents. Do you know anyone that could convert the godly black argents to a motorcycle wheel? I wish to have the godtier rims in a 140/70-18 size

>angle grinder
Reciprocating saw brah

Better hurry up, you will need to get a permit from the council once it rolls over to fire ban season

>He didn't already know this

It's like you think GM are not completely shit. modern Fords are great except for their interiors.

Not personally, no.

You could get asingle sided swing arm and get hub adapters or some shit to fit it on the bike that way, without having to fuck the wheel up.

A pack of thermite at the base will bring it down. Just use a sparkler or some magnesium ribbon to ignite it

Anyone here ever restored a Kingswood?

Been sick as a dog and car was off the road for a couple of months.

>cooling system now fixed not leaking anymore new radiator
>Rolled front guards inside fenders
>245's all round now
Das is m8

in that case post it on places like facebook
'report all susspicious road side obbjects'
the community must be protected

what do you want to know?

Holy fuck you're not dead.

How do you feel about the new Commodore, Fatcunt?

how much of my money have you spent on this you greasy little cunt?

>btw I'm still going to smash your face in if I ever see you

Yeah nah yeah they seem okay at least the AWD model but i heard theres a i4 turbo and v6 turbo what happened to them?

Then again when the opel first came here in the late 70's it was a heap of junk too (still is) but as soon as we start dropping decent engines into them might be fun.

Homebrew AWD Dunnydoor rally car?

Stopping counting

Love you 2 dood

Long time no shitpost mate. Love you cunt keep up what you do

Yeah ill take some piccies when i go for a drive soon cars dirty as fuck.

No plans for any more mods this year im shit broke as mate

>i heard theres a i4 turbo and v6 turbo what happened to them
As of the last update the 2.0l 4cyl turbo versions are still going ahead, dieselshit and petrol. They couldn't fit a turbo in the V6 so they gave up, our top spec 2018 Commodore is going to pump 230kW out of an atmo 3.6l V6 if all goes to plan.

Pretty unremarkable. I can't imagine them charging the same as the V8 SS for it.

>but as soon as we start dropping decent engines into them might be fun
Perhaps, but we'll be pressed getting an LSx to fit.

>but we'll be pressed getting an LSx to fit.
Thats what they said about the 5.7 going into the vt/vx back in the day.

Didnt stop them though did it? I remember reading this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Omega#Omega_V8_.28prototypes.29

nobody else ever got a ls dunnydoor except for the americans

Hi there

I was wondering about the Ford Barra engine, how much does it weight and why is it lighter than a 2JZ and the RB?

Can you confirm that you killed jimmy and sold his car for parts for your own?

Nah, that was the cunts who blew up his car. Once they were done they sold his kidneys for KFC burgers and to cover the cost of disposing of an astra. No one wanted parts from that shitheap

Fair point, though that was still a RWD platform too. This one's FWD.

But bogan engineering is yet to fail us and I have faith in the cunts running HSV delivering something good.

jewgle says around 180-200kg bare weight and 220kg with accessories

plz explain ive been mia for like 4 months

>But bogan engineering is yet to fail us and I have faith in the cunts running HSV delivering something good.
You just know their gonna shoehorn something stupid and if they dont 1000x performance shops will just because they can.

It would be unaustralian to not to try and shove a turbo ls into it mate

Jimmy went on a meet once
He never came back
neither did his astra
rip

Which reminds me i gotta drag my ass to the next bunch of meets in coffs

I wonder whos gonna be the first mad cunt in straya to put a barra in the Frustbang?

>implying it would fit
Its built for a FWD V6, the engine will be sticking though the firewall

is there anywhere that does same day shipping for like clothes and costumes or stuff in cities?

>same day shipping
Not without paying 2-3x the cost of the item in postage

Hopefully something like Trophy Truck's would be good.

>Ranger and BT50
Mostly they give good deals to company and fleet buyers, so where I used to work we'd buy them, flog them for 100-200k km and then sell them off.
They're ok for what they are, we tended to kill the suspension in them a lot though carrying stuff around.

anyone have any bad dragon toys?

No. I'm not a fan of overpriced toys simply because they pander to the furry audience. Much better value toys out there

Oi m8, help
If i get a bit of wheelspin in the wet the whole back of the car shakes like shit
But if I get to a flat culdesac and throw that ass in a circle it'll do it smoothly and without issues
Honestly feels like axle tramp but it really shouldnt be

Also somewhere in the drivetrain I get some mad vibrations when i'm accelerating and get to like 40km/h+

VY ls1 4l60e lsd

Pls help falcunt, you're my only hope

I reckon it'd be cooler to stick the Barra in one of these.