Why?

trash

PIG FAT
I
G
F
A
T

I think the first generation ones look great but I'd never own one.

The styling and overall aesthetic design is wonderful. Why wouldn't you own one though? I actually had no idea this car even existed until I found myself window shopping on Carsales. Saw one in real life a few weeks ago and am amazed at how aggressive they look in real life. Why wouldn't you own one?

>weighed almost two tons in 1997
>turbo was the only version worth caring about unless you wanted to move 2 tons with 140 HP
>shitty electrics
>shitty build quality from a country that had already established its reputation for reliability

Issues, many issues cunt
If you're not a patient mechanic, buy a commie instead.

they're unreliable as fuck

Good solid reliable car just don't buy one from a retard mcdonalds employee and expect to keep up with maintenance with your mcdonalds pay checks

The 3000GT was pretty much a fucking monster. Specially the MR variant. Americlaps cant say it's true because they got the comfy heavier version and not the performance version.

Still the racing variant mighty spec v couldnt handle against it.

But then again... 90% of the board is full of cucks that think the 3000GT is a DSM and FWD biased because that's how much they care to know about cars.

Even the US spec 3000GT FWD base model (1994-1996) is a 222hp 1300kg car.

The unreliability of this car is a meme. If you get a mk1 GTO for $500 don't call it unreliable if it takes a shit on you.

There are anons here with GTOs they don't bitch about unreliability, they tell you to keep records of the maintenance and do it accordingly.

I saw a twin turbo lhd model here in canada for 4k. Almost jumped on it for a winter beater but someone snatched it up fast.

Had 120k no rust.

youtu.be/IJQxmoXMWIA

Clarkson reviewed the GTO and loved it.

It's a fantastic car. It achieved so much and Mitsubishi didn't even try hard to make it better, they were more focused with the Evo. And they ended up with a great car.

Yes, the GTR is a track monster, but the GTO was decent at the track but on the straight line, it was simply a fucking monster.

I would get a TT and restore it. They are guaranteed to gain value with time.

Think the Mitsubishi manual quotes 32 hours for a cam belt change no joke. Tappets seem to be a noisey issue in these things as well. Basically a poor man's Ferrari, you can pick them up for a few thousand here in sheep land.

Funny, I've got that same manual and it took me 6 hours by myself to do the cam belt, secondary belts, all the tensioners, new water pump and harmonic balancer, then did full a fluids service.
Then again, wasn't being paid by the hour or working for a franchise. I won't say it was in any way, shape or form 'fun', but it got done easily enough.

32 hours... maybe if they've got 1 arm or otherwise horrendously mentally disabled in some way.

I wrote that list someone posted- Just go by the things I checked off there when shopping for a car and you should be ok barring anything super fucking weird or obviously broken. They are a high maintenance car like a Skyline, WRX or Evo from a similar period, if you neglect it- it will beast fuck your wallet.

The real as fast as your dollar can go car.
Only the tt tho.

As a kid, it was my dream car. Now, it still looks like a sexy beast.

>Transverse V6

Good old Gran Turismo days.

It wasnt featured in fnf

Go for the FWD ones as they are more reliable and better value

Holy shit 6 hours?

You can pull the rotary engine, rebuild it, and replace it in that time.

How do pistonfags defend cam belt changes being "routine maintenance" and no big deal when it takes as much work as rebuilding an entire rotary engine?

unreliable trash but i really want to drive one

>unreliable trash
not compared to your commie it ain't

no one cares what a tripfag has to input

can it do 200km/h over busted ass roads?

i think not
>implying we care what anyone thinks

>You can pull the rotary engine, rebuild it, and replace it in that time.
No you can't and you're just another wanker pulling numbers out of their arse. When I pulled my REW it-

>About an hour unbolting and unplugging everything
>The teardown took about 2 hours
>Cleaning the carbonisation and various contact surfaces took overnight in a soak and some serious scrubbing
>Replacing seals and testing clearances took about another 3 hours
>Gasket & gooping everything back together was close to 2 hours, then it sat overnight to settle
>Plugging everything back in was about 2 hours
>Torquedown took about another hour.

This is assuming you have everything you need and don't have to wait on parts as you find mystery-bits that are all fucked up- plus you will sometimes need to send stuff off for planing as the surfaces are either warped or just scummy.
So in an absolute best-case scenario and still taking all the time needed to get everything perfect, you're still looking at about 3 days work for a home garage job. Real life isn't a TV show where it all magically happens in 6 hours with drama-mechanics chucking spanners at each other

No one wants your uneducated opinion about cars Falcunt, go away

only ever been in my mates engine swapped (newest jap spec one) gen 1

Looks cool in person and feels nice to drive it.

They are just seriously under maintained and have attracted a tag alongside it as being unreliable.

If the electrical issues are fixed the engine and everything else with it seems to be fine

thats wankel to you, mister

Beautiful to look at.

Bingo, pretty rare for a rotary to shit itself and not take out a housing or damage a plate meaning more $$$ and more turnaround time.

still wouldn't change it for the world though :^)

>Thoughts on this car?
expensive
heavy
complicated

The non turbo is not as heavy as you make it look. Stop memeing.

N/As pack some punch with 222hp and weighting 1300kg (FWD). It's enough for your DD needs, you have the looks and the non-turbo is reliable as fuck and even some parts are interchangeable with the TT.

Besides it's comfy as fuck, and them curves are just sexy. But the most points go to...

Dat ass.

But is was, in 2fast.

>tfw 3000GT SL
cool first car tho

AWD versions are super overpriced and riced to hell and back.

>DDing a two-seater with barely any trunk space to speak of

if you have no friends or belongings, sure

Yeah and if you aren't a patient mechanic but also aren't a retard get an xr6-t

>implying friends don't have cars
>implying you need more than 2 seats
>implying I need a family car

Yeah no... The only passenger in my car is my gf. Buf of course you won't know anything about having a girlfriend user do you.

Why do they suck? This is a great platform anyone who has ever owned one will tell you.

i bought a 92 TT that was completely fucked and rebuilt it. My first car was a base model it was respectively fast and drove like a boss. A true sports car.

Care to elaborate what was wrong with it in first place?
Also how much time/money did you spend

Because the majority of Veeky Forums can't drive and have never owned a car.

LE ANGRY GTO >:D

I remember as a kid someone owned a vr-4 in my neighborhood and I loved the sound.

More like 3000gt

3000GT = GTO

GTO is the original name given to the car though

Pigfat garbage made by Fiat: Japanese version.

I thought it was FTO?

you have the internet, fucking use it as a resource before being stupid

Damn, I was really thinking of grabbing one for 2k, the awd sold me completely, and the popup headlights were a sweet bonus.

I'm not a retard when it comes to cars and I drive a dodge now, so driving a dodge (kinda) as a goesfast vehicle would be cool. Are they really that heavy?

I think I might still pick up the one for 2k, if it'll get back to my house I can give it the once over and get it nice and clean before the first snow

Stop regurgitating what bus riders on Veeky Forums say. Give a legit reason. Fag.

He's got to do something with his phone while sitting on the bus or train

i bascially replaced the whole drivetrain, whoever had it before me drove the piss out of it and blew the motor. so i had to replaced it put a better t-case in it upgraded the turbo system, fuel system,suspension mods ...............basically everything
Dont let these fools tell you nothin these cars are gangster!

Japanese Ferrari.

It's beautiful...

This car is great because when I was a lad I wanted a jdm machine but my family was all about brotrucks and didn't understand the concept of a captive import.

So I showed them some listings for the dodge stealth and they unanimously agreed it was badass, didn't look like anything else on the road, etc.

Based Dodge