Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Fap: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Stream Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Dickscord Server: discord.gg/013IDtABv9b2ChJO

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kimbrittonmotorcycles.com.au/bikes/kawasaki-ninja-250/
youtube.com/watch?v=45JP45Z4lyQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

valanon is dead edition

RIP in peace

for real?

hasnt posted here in a while, may as well be

The young bloke or the oldfag?

So man people on here have valiants I get confused

why are we infested with wog cunts?

I'm half wog, do I count too?

>tfw all these cunts talk shit and they're taking shots
>meanwhile the one living the baller life is scott

Srs though, new album is great, Livin' In A Dream has a noice vapourwave beat, it's great for just driving around with the boiz with the skids coming

Young guy in SA
He bought a BA for a daily, probs couldnt handle the power of the n/a barra

Sup cunts.

Kerser is shit m8

You're shit m8.

Doin cocobrah
Hows that ferrari importing going

Doesn't change the fact Kerser is shit, m8.

Implication is that he isn't shit, you are.

Why half of the cars in NSW have yellow license plates and the others have white license plates?

because speshial snowflakz

Because they only introduced white plates like 10 years ago(? From memory), most plates dont get changed that often so

Accurate

It's in two boxes going to Japan. That's only place I can get it reliably reassembled.

My old man found an HJ Monaro GTS coupe back home, so I got that and a Kingswood to take parts from (Though I read the 6 cyl kingswood diff is pretty weak and i'll have to find WB or HZ V9 units) Going to get it fixed up over there and have it shipped to straya, but i'm not sure about the engineering cert.

Is there like a specific set of guidelines that a modified car is supposed to meet? I don't want to get it all done up and then have it not be road legal when it gets here.

Or I could just have it shipped as a bare shell maybe? idk. I figure I could keep it for a while and flip it for a profit in oz

>bought a black car
>can easily see all the dust and boogers and shit on a car
>wash the car
>its dusty again at the end of the day
Holy fucking shit why did nobody tell me this it is driving me nuts.
First and last time I am buying a black car.

Where did your dad find a monaro?

Guidelines are basically: talk to the engineer you'll use, ask him what you want to do and he'll say what you need to do to keep it certable, take pics
Also consider jag xj40 irs to swap in. Not sure about diff options there though

But basically it'd be better to get stuff done in aus so the engineer can look at it and give you a better idea of what you need to do to have it pass

I guess the ferrari is frame and the rest in separate boxes right? Can't stop imagining a hacksaw right down the middle

>he didn't know about the pain of owning a black car

Half my bike is black, shit sucks.

We had a holden factory in the caribbean
coupes were imported and we didn't get toranas. the main reason I want to get the work done there is just that it's cheaper. if I get it done here i'll still have to completely strip it and get down to bare metal, and repainted etc.

70s-80s ferraris are pretty much like lego sets,tube frame and everything else bolts in. engine and gearbox comes out in one unit. they're pretty simple to take apart.

This is a 308gts right?

Didn't know that there was a factory there. I guess you could do some work in cocoland and some in aus, labourheavy stuff like engine+trans and bodywork could be done there

308GTS yeah.

We had Holdens from HD-VK, and Falcons from XR-XD but those were imports

Nope, the standard number plate is still yellow/black

So anyone who has other than yellow/black plate has paid extra to get it?

Though I understand, yellow/black is so ugly, what were they thinking by making that standart

>vk
So close yet so far

Black/white are a free option iirc
Other colours are like a 300 buck one-off fee

Yeah i wondered this too

my 01 falcon had yellow plates but my calais has white plates

maybe it got re rego'd or they updated the plates

>I figure I could keep it for a while and flip it for a profit in oz

More original you can keep it, the more money- though a top end resto would be big money on the market, but also cost you a bit too.
But yeah, boomers will slobber on your cock though and throw inordinately large amounts of cash for one.

The yellow and black is disgusting, how anyone thought they were okay is beyond me

Hey man, to answer your question in the last thread; an LS7 crate is going to set me back about $18k plus shipping all the way to up here. And then probably another $10k-ish or so to play around with the camshaft and other little things too.

After crunching the numbers today I still think it's probably a little more viable then doing up the LS3 in the Maloo as it sits (plus I have little chance of getting to the magic 400 I want at the wheels with a N/A LS3). At least I have the TR6060 box to mate it up to instead of the trusty,yet noisey and grindy, old T57. I'm getting sick of the 'normal' bumps and squeaks coming from the SS's T57. Talking about the SS;

>tfw your old man asks to borrow your ute and brings it back with the front bar hanging off

I love the guy, but I REEEE'd internally and externally when he drove it up the driveway with it scraping all over the place.

Sounds like the LS3 is the way to go then

Also how low is your SS?

My factory FE2 Height Calais never scrapes its front bumper

King's SL on the front and SSL on the rear. It's low, but not dragging-it's-guts-on-the-road low. Pretty sure he banged it into a gutter somewhere during his trip to the dump, as he too is used to his FE2 suspension in his VE SS swagon.

In hindsight, I should have seen this coming. Every so often he'll do something around one of my cars or bikes which will fuck it up in some way. He's banned from the corner of my house that the XB is in since last summer as he left a roll of 100mph tape on the boot lid. Peeling off a half melted roll of that shit in the heat of a tropic North QLD town isn't fun.

Yeah that sounds a bit low.

FE2 height is fine and you dont gain any performance/handling from SL or SSL's and the ride quality and drivability is shit desu

Yeah dude, I know and agree with you. Unfortunately the previous owner had the springs done and didn't supply the originals which I probably would have swapped out.

Instead I've just driven relatively carefully over the last 3 years and it finally happened. Oh well, I've been waiting for the bi-monthly event where the universe shits on me for a week or two straight, so at least I know I've hit it.

thank christ i kept my FE2 Springs and got the car stock as a rock, only thing it had was factory sports pack and thats it even had the standard calais alloys
shame about the size of those nigger rims
>qld
say no more

>Oh well, I've been waiting for the bi-monthly event where the universe shits on me for a week or two straight, so at least I know I've hit it.
At least we all get shit on together.

THREADLY REMINDER FOR WAT WA

JAN 11
=========================
General Meet at Motorplex
Possible Drive to it
Possible BBQ and Beer at Douche's place afterwards
Three confirmed attendants, plus four who may show up
Post about what time you can come earliest, so we can work something out for everyone

D R I N K M E E T
=================
Some time before JAN 11
Where would you like to go/start?
>Pub? Public Spot? Club? Northbridge?

check your states DOT website, they should have a list which mods are legal, which need cert etc.
or e-mail them and they'll send you a list.

also, fly to WA and come to our meet cunt

better not have drunk himself to death
wasn't he talking a thread ago or two about buying another val and talking to a grill? seemed like good times were starting for him.

i wanna cum on your face niggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

gay desu

>Pub? Public Spot?
is probably best.
cruise to quindanning pub?

Parmi and skidz with WA summer sunset

i like that idea

kimbrittonmotorcycles.com.au/bikes/kawasaki-ninja-250/

Looking at this for the missus.
Thought?
Opinions?

Why do you need our thoughts?

You have a plethora of motorcycle (and automotive) knowledge yourself.

I'm sure you would already have a good idea, and it would be the most solid.

>tfw just finished a casual hills run in my sil

Can't believe there are people itt that haven't moved to Adelaide yet. SA roads are the best in Aus except for maybe Tasmania.

I've never owned or ridden one of these tho. And owners have inside info about small things
Mostly after the price point, looking at some zzr250's aswell

What's a good ghost town in WA where I can pretend to be fema and do humanitarian skids for days. Excluding Wittenoom, the place looks really nice but it's too touristy apparently.

>"SA roads are the best in Aus"
>roads are pothole ridden shit and every fun hill road has cyclists
fuck off m8

They're alright little bikes, make sure it runs smoothly and starts from cold easily as carbs are probably the only thing you might have issues with.

Make sure there's no obvious signs of crash damage or being dropped and you should be golden.

I've had mine for almost the years and ~23k and it's literally never hiccuped, let alone missed a beat.

Also if you can get a standard muffler, do so. Aftermarket cans all sound like shit, no exceptions.

t. Squishy

>upload picture
>it's out of focus

Fuck

Sure, there's some good routes through the hills, but the road quality is cancer

is the forester xt or gt any good?
investigating options for turbowagons.
would kill for a volvo but no rwd/awd ones are manual :(

youtube.com/watch?v=45JP45Z4lyQ

>do burnout
>get shot at

Such is life in the NT.

This cunt Tattooed his name on his neck and got smashed by 360 in a Rap battle, nuff said.

Can't believe you moved to Adelaide in the first place you poor cunt. At least I can drive there in 2 hours and drive away from it at the end of the day.

>buy new car
>get triggered at people who tail gate and cut the corner in front of me
>can't drive for more than 5 mins without road rage

is this what it's like to own a nice car?

>that pic
Goddamn it's funny and true.

das fruitloop

>being scared of manual

woops meant to say not manual.
very hard to find a manual volvo :(

You get pretty insane about it since it's new. It doesn't have any of the little stonechips, dents or scratches that will be on a preowned car so if one happens, you'll be pissed since it happened in your care.

I'm driving to Adelaide for the first time by myself, What should I expect compared to Vic?

>terrible roads
>terrible drivers
>a bizarre and undeserved sense of superiority over all other states
>lots of fucking potholes
>lots of speed cameras
>lots of cyclists

get dashcams to feed your paranoia even more

I'm already going insane over it, It's always a dirty vr/vs commodore right up my ass and no one else. I will burn every one I see if i get rear ended by one. Dashcam might be a good idea when a dirty fucking commodore bucket of shit rams into me.

The road from the Riverland to Gawler is probably one of the top 10 most boring roads in the country, just dirt and trees for hours. After Accommodation Hill you can have a little fun at least taking the dipping corners at speed but it's a shit drive for the most part.

>a bizarre and undeserved sense of superiority over all other states

Is that why a random house fire or car crash in Sydney is always on the national news?

SA has a weird little guy complex and tries to talk itself up with how great it is and shit on everyone else, the news and ads on TV being the primary way.

If you're going through Bordertown on the A8, it'll be boring and littered with average speed zones

If you go on the A66 through naracoorte or mount gambier, you can drive as fast as you want until you join the A8

Well I'll give you the media, but I've never heard anyone in my life say how great this state is.

Never seen anything like that, probably because I don't watch news/tv or even go on social media

A20 via Mildura seems faster.

West End ads do it all the time.

Generally they don't, they just shit on every other state and see no positives at all. Nobody in SA would ever admit something non-SA is better.

The same goes for celebrities too. If someone from SA is even slightly famous, you're going to hear about it endlessly and TV/news will make a special point to mention "South Australia's own" or "South Australian born" constantly. Even celebs that nobody gives a fuck about still get a shitload of press in SA because they're from SA.

I understand having pride in your nation but SA just has a superiority complex and has to jerk off to itself in a mirror about how great it is. Other states don't even know this weird vendetta exists either.

I would legit laugh at some cunt if they tried telling me how great it is to live here, we have some nice places but fuck me every state does. People forget 70% of SA is fucking desert, Fucking Goyder line.

>I would legit laugh at some cunt if they tried telling me how great it is to live here
i've heard it a few times when I've been at parties.
it's cringey.

Do us all a favour and smack the next cunt who says it, cheers.

Yeah, Going on the A20. all the way to somewhere in the hills idk where gf knows more than i do.

Don't bring any food with you, Fruit Fly station at Yamba just over the border will search your car and fine the fuck out of you if you have any fruit or veg in it.

Yeah good idea, I forgot that thing existed. I will stop at renmark or something then.

Got smashed doesn't really mean much. He still went to court the previous day, got told to strictly stay in sydney and then he drove down to melbourne for the battle

And the tatt is his choice. Not a Mickey mouse so it's ok

It's a fucking pain I know, now when I go to Vic on fishing trips I just come back via Old Mail road, lot of roos and emus but beats fuck arseing around for 15 minutes having people search the car and boat.

You gonna get Kerser tattooed on your neck too?

No but if I was covered in tatts and had a noticeable handle that helps my career then I would
Its a bit lower than his jaw too, just under

Sounds like some loosely masked SA hate.

>Other states don't even know this weird vendetta exists either.
Lol? You must be walking around with your hands over your ears. Anytime you hear any negativity in Melbourne it's followed quickly by "at least it isn't adelaide lol XD."

No states give a shit, good or bad about the others. The only place that's noticeably anti-anyone is the Melbourne CBD and suburbia.

Every state has its ups and downs and can appeal to different people.

>SA hate
>I'm from SA
no mate, it's true. SA is nice and such but its boring as fuck and has no bragging rights.

I wonder about this a lot.
I think happiness is internal desu, all this interstate comparison is just keeping up with the joneses.

That being said, as a perthfag I detest our dependence on cars, low speed limits, and lack of things to do.

Perth still looks pretty nice though. Just a shame you're so far away from the rest of us and we have to cross a shitty desert to visit.

I'm not originally from SA.

>boring as fuck
Subjective. There's quite a lot going on usually. Adelaide is absolutely hammered with festivals most of the year and if you can't enjoy winding roads 5 minutes from your house then there's something wrong with you.

Even the thing about poor road surface in the hills isn't that true. It's specific areas.

>no bragging rights
Well realistically it's very easy to get around compared to the eastern states cities and has a MUCH lower cost of living.

>Even the thing about poor road surface in the hills isn't that true. It's specific areas.
you've literally never driven in SA have you? every road is trash. even major ones like south road are absolute hell to drive on and hills roads are neglected because hills.

>it's very easy to get around compared to the eastern states cities and has a MUCH lower cost of living.
because theres nothing here of interest that would justify a high cost of living

>and if you can't enjoy winding roads 5 minutes from your house then there's something wrong with you.
you can't fucking enjoy them because of the cops so fuck you

You're the guy from that party the user went to aren't you?

Figures.

perth from a car perspective
>only good roads are in the hills
>realistically about 80km of decent road
>it's all 60 km/h and heavily enforced on weekends

Like any other city on earth, perth has a handful of very scenic spots and a couple of trendy districts. However you can't drink in public, you can't smoke in restaurants, and the public transport to get there and back is slow and expensive. If you want to pop a few valium and be a chilled out 35 year old with kids, perth would be a nice place to do that. But if you want to have a melbourne/berlin lifestyle as a young person, it's going to be difficult and expensive.

>tfw cant even enjoy hill roads without cameras since road condition is so poor you'd fuckin crash if you tried to go speedboi racer

oh, I forgot to add
>autocross circuit just got closed down due to noise complaints
>racing circuit just got closed to motorcycles because someone died
>literally only spot you can race motorcycles is the drag strip, which is boring and full of bogans

Just to clarify: there are no tracks where you can race motorcycles in perth now. I have one demerit point left, so I rode the hills at the 60km/h limit and it's actually cancer. It is a painfully low speed limit.

Adelaide is nothing to brag about but the hills are fun for hooning and fishing. Everyone who gets new suspension put in here are told by the mechanics to head up to the hills to break it in, and that's at least a 90 minute drive away.

>Can't drink in public

You fucking wot?

>you've literally never driven in SA have you? every road is trash. even major ones like south road are absolute hell to drive on and hills roads are neglected because hills.
Keep telling yourself this. Yes South Road is a hole, but hey half of it is ripped up so what do you expect. Go Holbrooks+Marion instead.

>because theres nothing here of interest that would justify a high cost of living
Whether you want to argue that point or not there's an absolutely massive divide in the cost of living in Adelaide compared to Melbourne or Sydney. A days parking is literally four times the price in Melbourne and sometimes ten times the price in Sydney. That's absolute robbery.

Stop driving on Gorge, Lobethal, Greenhill, etc. You pretty much never see police off of the main roads the bros in their WRXs run all day.

I don't what you're referring to.