Thinking about dailying a Wrangler

Wrangler owners who aren't stock, how big is the aftermarket for jeeps and the modding community?

I own a 2015 370Z and work on it constantly, also work on aircraft engines for a living so I'm not new to working on shit...

I've never owned or driven a jeep, but have heard they're fun as fuck, so just looking for insight from people who actually drive these things.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F49-xHQnhkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>scumbag
Lol jeep

How big is the modding community?

If you're in the US/ Canada... FUCKING. HUGE. Been looking to get a cheap TJ for the past 2 months right now.

I DD an LJ and it's doesn't have any creature comforts except for Heat and if you're lucky A/C. Super easy to work on though and I'm not even that mechanically inclined. If you decide to get a manual, the 6 speed gear ratios are high as in 1s gear red lines at 15mph.

My dad got the JK and it's stiff over bumps, but gets the same mpg as my LJ while cranking out 80+ more hp than me.

The are not the best DDs. They have a good amount of wind noise, dont handle very well and have horrible mpg.
That being said there is no other vehicle with as much aftermarket support. If you are planning on getting used id recommend getting 2013 and up as they have the 3.6, much better then the 3.8.
And once you take it off road you will understand why its so bad on road. They really did design the whole thing for off road.
I have a 2015 unlimited and am very happy with it but there are much better options for a daily driver.

pic related

What rack is that on the roof?

I dig jeeps, the 4 door one looks cool but its a lot more expensive than the normal wrangler. Anyone got opinions on one vs the other?

Gobi,
only one that doesnt have you drill into the body

dana 35

Jeeps have the largest aftermarket supply then any other vehicle

Have you ever driven a tent?

You absolutely owe to yourself to take one on the freeway for a few miles. Also practice "erecting" the top and packing it away at least once.

They're definitely different.

This is what I am working on now I added the front fenders just need to add the rear fenders

to be honest I recently just started driving a couple of months ago and bought a brand new Renault Logan, but I'm renting it part time to an uncle so he can split the profits of using it like an uber car. Anyways I was planning on seriously buying a Geo Tracker jokes aside I just want a cool looking, budget friendly comute car for work and going to gf. would it be a good idea and how reliable are they?

I haven't met anyone yet who hasn't followed this pattern:

>DD a Jeep
Love it initially, slowly start to get driven batshit by its quirks, desperately wish to get rid of it, sell it and celebrate

>Jeep but not as DD
Love it, never want to get rid of it, when they want the creature comforts they take their DD which is usually some sort of sedan.

My JKU I haven't had long enough to really determine how reliable. My TJ was great

2016 Jeep owner....can confirm im at the driven batshit phase.

I tried to DD it but it just gets annoying. Most of my driving is highway and the shit aero destroys my soul.

Luckily i have other cars or i would have gone insane.

It does really well offroad and the aftermarket is huge.

My jku is pretty comfortable just wish door
armrest was a little higher

Is a Hummer as capable as a Jeep at off-roading?

So ugly

I have a '14 JK with the only good engine ever sold with a Jeep (3.6L DOHC Pentastar) and a 6-speed manual. I have the tallest differential ratios but still get to 60 mph in under 7 sec. I can do standing (one-wheel) smoky burnouts at red lights in the dry. I took the ABS/TCS/ESP fuse out and can do donuts all day. It can climb gravelly hills with ruts from others' failures even though I have open differentials. I have gone over 120 mph on the highway (remember, tall, 3.2 gears) and it's not been remotely scary (consider, though, that I used to go over 170 mph regularly when I had an STi). I put a sub-$100 axle-back on it and it sounds decent. It's also fun cruising the beach with the top down because I actually look good and am not nervous. I can powerslide corners like a fucking madman in the rain too, despite the open diff and short wheelbase.

Watch this vid from last month from 1:30 to 4:00:
youtube.com/watch?v=F49-xHQnhkM

I still prefer my '95 miata though. I am still a total boyracer at age 27 and just want to hoon.