/ORG/ Bro-Truck Hate Edition

Welcome to Off Road General, where we not only talk the talk, but walk the walk as well... and will inevitably post lots of Toyotas. Is it me, or is there a serious lack of people who off road nowadays?

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ-rVsFWJNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Toyotas you say?

I need to get out in the Jeep soon

>3 posts before a non-toyota comes into play
IT'S A NEW RECORD

TACOFAG:
don't forget to email after the design is complete:

[email protected]

are these unibody?

>stick with a heep on it
Fuck off

Yes

Kek

I did this doing donuts in a parking lot with my old Suburban. Should have known better doing it on a half frozen lot.

At least the current burb has a full-float axle...

>american products

are they fast

That's a Toyota FJ40...

Abracadabra!

Not in the slightest

Um... no

In which universe are those Heep headlights?

Sell your toyota in shame.

How butthurt would this general be if I got a H2?

I'm too drunk for this shit.

What is it then? A BJ? Can't be an FJ because muh top level. flat front bumper, and no jailbar grill pattern.

Meh. Great for overlanding because of the HUGE amount of inside space. Pretty bad for mudding because of weight and bad for rocking because of width.

You will just have to deal with the normies thinking you're some sort of small dicked prick than anything (despite old SUVs being more costly on gas, taller, and more dangerous).
Buyer beware as hummers have the reverse effects on normies as BMWs.

Just bought this big bitch, sitting on 31.5's albeit not exactly AT or MT's, exited to thrash around in rain mud and dirt while my camaro stays at home nice and warm

>bad for rocking because of width.
And breakover angle, also weren't they IFS?

Following this thread's theme, there's a Black H2 I see all the time at car shows. It has a Glossy black paint job, 10k chrome 22" rims with Mud tires equipped, with matching chrome plated recovery equipment (hilift jack, picaxe, shovel, and axe) mounted on his roof rack.

Just don't be that asshat and you're good

can somebody explain what the fuck is going on here

I swear the H2s are air suspension. The HMMWVs are IFS (as eloquently stated ) but the H2s should be solid?

Heeps being heeps.

Personally I think it's just that there are more of them on the road pushing over 300k and are bound to break down. As a result, more pictures are present of Jeeps being Heeps and more ammo for people to use against them.

Frankly, if you can get a TJ for $3000 or an XJ for $1000, Jeeps are GOAT in class (even considering the 2x more money you'd spend jacking them up)

That's what it looks like when a crap axle breaks. There's nothing to retain it, outside of the diff, so the shaft just slides out.

The air suspension was optional.

Front is IFS, rear isn't.

That's not my goal. I hope to actually use it for off-road.

Define "off-road"

Those front IFS and as previously stated, the width will get in your way on technical paths.

Can't wait to take this thing on some fire roads and muddy trails and then park it and hike

How short is that woman?

would love to lift a subaru loyale turbo

The width and the breakover will hold him back more than the IFS will.

And if he wants to do something about the breakover, a SAS during a 6+ inch lift isn't any harder than doing an a big IFS lift.

considering a bronco is 72 inches, that looks to be around 12 inches shorter so around 5ft?

love me some shor t q t s

>ranger bronco
why don't I ever see these things

#STANCENATION
#BLESSED

Well breakover isn't that big of a deal considering people on here are offroading with suburbans somehow.
But you are right that the lift and a front axle change could help. Also muh air suspensions if possible as outlined Realistically, it shouldn't that more annoying than mudding or rock climbing a... (do i dare say it) FORD RAPTOR!!!!1!

That is one shiny bronco that I would love to bang up. (bonus: SMOKER WINDOWS!)

I don't really know, haven't had a 4x4 yet. Everyone I know has full size trucks so I figure it'll handle all the off road stuff they do.

In terms compared to a full size truck, isn't the H2 a little better given its shorter wheel base other than a short bed single cab?

Bruh

Holy fucking hell.

Come back to Canada, senpai. The windsor misses its homeland.

>pic name

Ye no problem

Finals have been hitting hard so I won't have any updates until Monday or Tuesday. Until then, I'm afraid everyone will have to wait.

I'll post the update here, and I'll add anything more if anyone has a suggestion before re-sizing and cleaning.

Trying to figure out what to do next that doesn't require wiring. The modding bug has bitten and it's all I can think about...

>people on here are offroading with suburbans somehow.

As long as you know your limits you're golden. Where I am it's forest trails, fire roads, and sand dunes. I just stick to anything not geared specifically for a dirtbike and I scout ahead most quad trails beforehand but most times I can find a way to fit.

I kinda wish I could crawl on rocks again, I miss that.

I have a friend with a Forester and I am coaxing him into doing this.

She's 4'11 and I'm 6'3 and some change

I just bought it like 2 weeks ago so far it's been pretty nice

The smoker windows saved my ass until I fixed the window regulators.

Anyone taken one of these beasts on trails before? It just seems so BIG

She also has like 5 inch heels. That girl is borderline midget

>phile nam
so cute

I was going to bring up the Whambulance but thought there were more than one. Love the new tyres you got on it (and of course the snowdeer aftermarket speed ajustments;).

Nice! Owner is here.
Tell that guy above us that's not a Jeep but a Toy Yoda. Also, the person on the last thread may be right about Wojack releasing power level to normies...?

I can always take the Wojack out if /org/ wants me to. I'm still in the mock-up phase so things can be added and taken away if need be.

It's an FJ40 ya dingus. No vertical grille slots like on a Jeep, and the hood and fenders are shaped a bit differently.

Yea there's another two or 3 I know of. I forget his name but it's the white/gold one with the topkick handles , There's the guy from last thread putting in a 6.5 , And another one or two who I can't specifically remember.

Kek on the antler mod. It actually turns a bunch of heads. It makes my day when I see people do a double take, then chuckle as I get thumbs up haha. As far as tires go, they're the same ones as before. Getting worn though, it doesn't show up in the pic as well. There's a guy on CL selling a set of rums with BFG ATs on them, it's tempting...

>la grille
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

Hey guys, Figured i'd poke my head in
I can definitely print those stickers, I would need more info for sure though.
I have my own printing equipment so if it is something you want me to stock I can do that as well.

no you wouldnt.
lifting subaraus is nothing but problems.
they are not meant for that kind of modification. you will be dealing with broken cv joints every 10k miles
its not worth it at all

>(do i dare say it) FORD RAPTOR!!!!1!
dont even say it
if that one faggot shows up ill fite you i swear

>Also, the person on the last thread may be right about Wojack releasing power level to normies...?
i am right.
i like the design but that would put me off desu

personally i would, but thats just my opinion.

that would be awesome, man! you can definitely count me in for a couple.

Whats the worst bro truck mod Veeky Forums ?

imo its those fucking low profile mud tires. all the lightbars look incredibly retarded but at least there is a small justifcation for their use. the low profile mud tires make me reee though

also
>that image
that guy should kill himself

not a hope, they can be made to be pretty quick if you know what youre doing though (mostly by nicking bits off 4A engines.)

After getting rid of my E36 Non-M, I want to get a two door truck with a removable top.

>It will be a winter DD and will occasionally tow a car or have motorcycles hitched to it
>Top must be removable because I would like experience the novelty
>I'd like to stray away from the six cylinder versions of any of the American trucks, but wouldn't mind owning one if it isn't miserably slow
>I live in NYC near the to of the Bronx and most of my time will be spent up and away from the city
>Four wheel drive isn't necessary, but nice

Bronco, Ramcharger, and K5 Blazer; are they my only options? Having the four wheel drive for muddy roads and summer cruising with no top in early morning and mid afternoon Manhattan seems great!

>spoonfeed me on the differences between a toyota and a jeep

International scout

That's pretty much it.

Also early 4runners

Tacofag here

Do you have a website or anything for your stickers or is it just an "I can whip up a batch once or twice but that's it" kind of deal? Because thats my main concern, and why I wanted to ask WAT to print them since they're easily accessible if anyone new to /org/ wants a sticker.

That being said, if you think you'd be up for keeping those stickers available and dealing with distribution, that'd be awesome!

International Scouts in any trim cost a gorillian dollars and all the early 4Runners have rusted into oblivion.

Thanks for recommendations. Is there a best of the three I listed? I was leaning towards the Bronco because of how cheap they are, Ramchargers with removable tops are hard to find in good condition, and I swear nearly every K5 Blazer has been turned into a Woods truck and is 50% rust

Pic semi related, a beautiful Chevrolet

I'm the guy with the bronco, it's fun but goddam man I wouldn't want to drive it in NY, it's a fucking tank to steer and gets like 12 miles to the gallon if I grandma it.

My old 325is ran rich as all fuck and the power steering was on its way out.

I also use to drive pickups and a Ford Superduty stake bed. I loved the torque down low and that 460 V8 sounds the business when you get on it.

So tanky steering doesn't sound too bad and horrendous gas mileage is completely normal to me. You should check out the MPG thread on full size broncos, some guy modded his to get 20 mpg on the highway. It's pretty crazy.

I got it. It's simpsons quote, ya dingus

IH Scouts and early 4Runners are hard to find without rust. And when you do find them, they'll be at rustfree Bronco, Ramcharger, K5 pricing +10-25% due to the rarity. These are good investments if you drown them in rustproof oil and keep them well maintained as the prices seemed to have dropped to an all time low in 2008 and continue to climb into 5 digits for low mileage ones.
You've owned an E36 which means you know some things about cars and swaps, no? And with your niche requests of towing and offroad (former is often pretty heavy for the latter), it might be worth getting one of those engine bay destroyed shells and putting an old Mercedes I-6 diesel or equivalent engine in. I've always wanted to buy an old Mustang and do that if I had the money.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Have you considered anything newer or even a Jeep? I'm looking every week on the local classifieds for a TJ shell under $1500.
I too wish to experience rolling down the highway with the top and doors off. Or driving down the highway in a blizzard with the roof off.

Weird quesetion... why would you mod a Bronco to get more MPGs? That seems like a very niche thing given the fact that those old two door offroads have the aerodynamics of a cinderblock.

I suppose that's what happens when German practicality and utilitarianism meets American muscle image. Pic definitely related.
Wish the 2016 Bronco could learn from that instead of being just another Jeep (so it appears right now anyway).

>1488 Swift

I know you didn't post the video to save us anger but I had to look it up and... I have no words but a very loud screeching sound.
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ-rVsFWJNw

This guy is a faggot, who goes around video taping themselves boosting off people, fucking narcasistic faggot

>DUR HUR IT TAKES FOREVER TO CLEAN MY RIMS
>offroading with autistic nigger rims
this guy is literally fucking retarded

You guys dig my new rig? (WIP)

>wip
user this is literally sex the way it is right now.

Would daily as is/10

>ywn have a bare bones truck dedicated to fun

For a second, I thought you meant that the salt would fuck his shit up.
Then I just realised that you're salty because you can't ride that thing in the cotton jews' lots..

Well I'm gonna cut the cab off, weld up a skeleton cage type of thing. Hope to be done by spring.

what exactly is it in the first place?

1998 Dodge Ram, 1500 with the 5.2L Magnum. The truck has served me well. Put about 200,000 kms on it. Now it shall live on shiny and chrome

damn nice flex

what 3rd world nation is that?

When you first bosted this, I thought it was a work in progress. Congrats on actually making it run, though.

Must be amazing driving this through the carwash. Where do you live, bare user?

With the open space, you can probably fit two V8s in there giving you a total of 16 cylinders for maximum climbing power. Have one engine for the front axles and one engine for the front axles.
That way, you'll get chevrolet's non-firing sequence where only half of the cylinders are active to get those delicious MPGs.

lil' mayo. my friend trolled me first when i asked him to just shoop that ontop of the map. that's what i get for free photoshop. I have some commie edits of it too.

California, duh.

What's up with people thinking pickup trucks and SUVs are good off road? Even the cheapest of dirt bikes would outperform even the liftedest $50k brotrucks.

As far as cars go trucks and SUVs can be good off-roaders.
Of course a purpose built bike would better in most ways

One word: overlanding.
Also hauling shit from one end of the fields to the other.

No bump because potential bait.

if you have a problem with it this thread gets more traffic than us.

Hankook Dynapro ATM or Falken Wildpeak AT3?

Also, white letters showing y/n?

Going on this truck. 31s.

It was a serious question not b8. Seems like people spend thousands of dollars to try to make their road vehicle be good off road when it can never be. And it's not like these people are doing it for utility. It seems most people just do it to go mudding on the weekend or whatnot.

Would make more sense just to have a stock 4wd pickup for utility since that can still haul a load of logs across the field or whatever else you need to do and buy a real off road vehicle for real offroading as the hobby.
Do as you will tho, I'm not complaining. I guess some of you might have fun with just building the project truck.

S L O W R O L L I N G
N
O
W
R
O
L
L
This town with you.

Mainly because it's my daily and work vehicle and when I finally drop my shit off to some farmer in the middle of fucktown, Onterrible, it's been nice to meet up with normies or just roll hills by myself. Sure a dirt bike, atv, or snowmobile would be more fun but there's another charm of being a cager filth off the road.

Remember that truccs and SUVs can carry dirt bikes and beds, too. I'd have to drive 1 hour before I could even use an ATV from where I live so might as well build your trucc/ SUV to handle it, too.

Anyone with a Heep Cherokee, what kind of MPGs do you get and how accurate is the gas gauge? Haven't been to the gas station since the first fillup, but it seems to be in the single digits. It's a '96 four-door automatic. It's cold and snowy, but I only need to put it in 4wd for a few miles each trip, so it shouldn't be this bad.

delete this.

My other car is a 7mpg fucking 70s camaro lol so I'm not too worried about mpgs, re reading your post I see you see Taylor away from the city so then a bronco would be awesome for you. I love mine and the wife is happy because she into outdoors physical activities like hiking and shit, planning on doing some overlanding and hopefully getting a big ass dog to throw in the bed instead of her pomeranian

And in the earlier picure where she looked like a midget, she looks like a giant here

Stay away*

Sorry, on mobile

those dicked up panels are triggering me holy shit

Meh I got the thing with a fuel injected 40k 5.0 in it and HID headlights and trail lights and power everything and good condition interior for 1800$ when junkered stripped carbureted beaters with no working lights or gauges go for it 3k in my area so I'm not tripping

happened to me in a 98 jimmy on the front.

Interco super swamper tsl bias ply or nothing

carb>efi all day erryday

I overland my trug for maximum comfy

>stay autocorrects to "Taylor"
>not autocorrecting to "taytay"
Fuck off

Something that happens to any vehicle with a Dana 35.

We just have a lot of people who like to meme on heeps hard and a couple that take it seriously.