Best enthusiast car of the decade right here

Best enthusiast car of the decade right here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uwPmkzZOhDI
fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-brakes/5224-if-you-track-your-fist-oe-brakes-aren-t-going-cut.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably the most fun new car you can get for the money.

too bad it looks like an angry catfish with winged eyeliner

The only car I haven't seen Veeky Forums shit on yet. This thread will fix that.

I love mine.

Massive pile of shit.
Not even designed by ford
Ford literally cant make their own car without having their hand held. And even then they make unreliable shit.

I have the 5-door, one of my coworkers compared it to a silly putty egg container and I found it disturbingly difficult to argue

Ford do know how to make a good hot hatchback but I prefer the ol' Cosworths

>not designed by Ford

Burden of proof is on you.

who designs it?

What is the purpose of this? Vortex generators on the side mirrors?

Oh hello mazda 2. Im sorry they ruined you and made you into an unreliable shit heap to sell to ignorant ford owners.
Oh whats that you say? They took mazdas engine designs too!?!?!
AND made them less reliable!?!?
Hope no one buys a ford product. Would be a poor decision

>270lb-ft of torque with tuned stock turbo
>usable rear seats with hatchback practicality
>good on fuel and insurance
>perfectly safe
>great steering/shifter/throttle response
>light and agile
>comfy heated recaro seats
>no bullshit driving modes or other gimmicks
>tuned for oversteer from the factory
>dominates autocross and 2WD rally
>can be had new for only a touch above 20k

Does this car even have flaws?

>weighs as much as a FRS
>slower than a FRS
>gets btfo by a mazda 6 on track
>is unreliable as fuck
Yeah its flawed

>270lb-ft of torque with tuned stock turbo

Anyone do this to their FiST? How hard is it to get going without spinning the tires in 1st? Maybe it's not that bad, but I imagine it being annoying haha

>nearly 2017
>not knowing most fords are rebadged mazdas
I mean really. Its been fords thing since the company began.
Take someone elses design, build it as cheaply as possible, and slap a ford badge on it.

enthusiast cars are built track cars with some clicks taken out for the canyon

this is a 'car guy' car.

>slower than a FRS
Barely, and would rape FRS with a simple tune. What can you do to make your meme-car faster? Lol

>car guy
>fwd subcompact
No, its a girls car

That's not Snek.

Making 260 on the front wheels right now. I'll let you know in the spring when I get some Indy 500 tires. I found the stock Pilot Sport AS3's to be lacking for grip though, you can't really floor it until you're halfway through 2nd gear

>FiST
>girls car
I've literally never seen a female-driven ST

Its all i see.
Or old ladies

>spend under 25k on car brand new
>upgrade nothing except the brake pads
>run 8:14 on Nurburgring

What other cars let me do this?

youtu.be/uwPmkzZOhDI

>has no proof

these cars dont look remotely similar and they use 2 different engines, 2 different transmissions, so how are they similar.

>Solid rear axle
>On a FWD

>rebadged mazda
so who designed the car?

>Barely, and would rape FRS with a simple tune. What can you do to make your meme-car faster? Lol

a simple tune.

This actually does make me angry.
They could have converted it to swing arm easily.

but I guess in order to keep the cost so low it remains the same as the base fiesta.

someone probably already has a swing arm conversion. let aftermarket do the rnd is their thinking probably.

>FWD econobox with a solid rear axle
>Enthusiast car period
Do people really tell themselves this

A fiesta yes, fist no

as much as i dislike the fist, a solid rear axle doesn't actually harm performance in a FWD car. like, at all.

>50k for a focus
>ever
>fwd

It's a girls car.

fucking retards gftfo

Wat nigger?

Are you implying solid rear axle is good.

>Civic FK2 Type R
>Megane RS 275 Cup
>Cobalt SS Turbo
>the fastest FWD cars you can buy
>all of them have solid rear axles

Really makes you think.

A FRS costs as much as a fucking WRX

And the WRX is far better

>SkyActiv 1.5L makes 89hp
>base Fiesta makes 120hp, ST makes 200hp, UK-spec ST200 makes 215hp

lmao dude

Are you implying solid rear axle is good?

NAH D00D DEY KINDA LOOK DA SAME SO THERE 4 MAZDA MADE IT DUDE DON'T YOU NO MAZDA INVENTED EVERYTHING

I'm implying the differences between IRS and solid are minimal, and you don't need IRS to have good handling in an FWD car.

Ford

but it's objectively worse, so.. it should have been swing arm.

It's supposed to be cheap. You want to pay a couple extra grand so you can be half second faster on the track? Be my guest.

The Mazda2 is a scion, not a fiesta........

>literally beats the toyobaru on almost every track there are records for with professional drivers

I mean...Google helps out a lot if you don't want to sound like you are talking out of your ass.

do you know what a swing arm is?
do you even know what a solid axle is?
you're a fucking retard and should never post here again

swing arm is a trailing arm.
up ur street iq son.

Wrong.

That title goes for the best selling roadster in all history.

Ford and Mazda no longer work together, you should probably get out of pre-2008 and come to the present.

It shares nothing with the Mazda 2 and the engines are not the same engines

That's like saying Honda's K20 engine is a rip off of Nissans SR20 because they're both 4 cylinders

>50k for a focus
Not even the RS is 50K and that's the best of the best, and it's AWD

Great weekend car, terrible daily.

Most people can't make do with 2 seats and 4 cubic feet of cargo space. Fiesta ST is 90% of the fun but faster, cheaper, and more usable.

>swing arm is trailing arm
no user, a trailing arm is a trailing arm and a swing arm is a swing arm
words have meanings

Why did they stop with the cosworth tuning arm? Beats me.

They're dumb

Will the LED lights from the ST200 fit on my US-spec ST?

>90%
FIST is fwd so the 9 and 0 change places

>4 CYLINDER ENGINE

found one

i must say ford did a really good job marketing this piece of shit econobox as an 'enthusiasts' vehicle
they literally cornered the market for retarded 18-24 year old retail managers who want to feel like an adult by making their first big adult purchase (financing a 20k car at 8% pa for 4 years).
and allowing third parties to flood the aftermarket with crappy flash tunes that honor warranty... they pulled in all the retards who think lurking forum posts about the difference between diNoXanalFiST-flash tune stage 1 and diNoXdickFiST-flash tune stage 1.5 for six hours makes them a 'enthusiast and modifier'

i tip my flatbrim to you, ford shills

This would be funny but ford does 0% financing deals pretty regularly for the FiST

>living in avondale or the phoenix metro to begin with

sorry to hear about that, senpai

shill detected
gtfo

>Gets proven wrong
>Call him a shill instead to mask butthurt

Lol k

>got 4000 off sticker for 0%

Feels good man

Base Miata is like 25 grand you nigger. Also have to go up to club trim to get all the performance goodies.

If you get a base model Miata you will regret it for the rest of your life, it is shit, just absolute shit. You have to get the top version to have the non-terrible power, and decent performance, which puts it way above the cost of the alternatives.

>ford
I think you meant to say Matt Farrah

Thats pretty good

I paid msrp for mine, probably should have tried to get them lower.

>place bait for ford shills
>they take it
>"huur im not a shill! im just correcting your mistake, ford offers a great package with 0% finance for first tiem car buyers!!!"

>It was b8 I swear, for ford shills
>I was only pretending to be retarded!

Says the bus pass holder.

The only bad part about the ST200 is the colour, but then again everyone has diffrent tastes.

Owned my FiST since Feb, what a great car

Ford's reliability record is abysmal compared to literally everybody else.

Toyobaru wins by default.

Last time I checked the Toyobaru doesn't have thousands of owners complaining about powertrain/transmission failures online.

>that photo
and retards call this an 'enthusiasts' car just because it comes with an option for recaro seats (so do honda odysseys and suzuku ingis' btw) lmaro
at least the slightly more expensive miata comes with brembos and forged bbs wheels, not fucking parts bin cast alloy calipers and shit tier chinese wheels

miata has like 30hp go away loser lmaooo

>Last time I checked the Toyobaru doesn't have thousands of owners complaining about powertrain/transmission failures
That's right. They're only complaining that they can't pull away from a Toyota Camry on the highway.

>They're only complaining that they can't pull away from a Toyota Camry on the highway.

you know, no matter how many times you spew that, doesn't really make it true.

and still faster 0-60 lmao

Utter trash, the only saving grace is the competition is worse in terms of fun to driveness.

Nah ah.

>Brembo brakes on small cars
>useful

Tires determine braking distance, and Brembos are too powerful for the stock tires on either car, and only help them lock up sooner. Pointless in adding Brembos unless you're going to upgrade to much wider/stickier tires first.

Again, I'd like to see a Miata do 8:14 on Nurburgring with nothing but a set of track pads.

maybe if you got a brand new, top trim camry for 38-40k?

and even then we're still talking about marginally faster 0-60 times.

Fwd is garbage, what do you want? The new civic type r has > 300 hp and the 0-60 is embarrassing

It's the same reason why MS3s, covalt SSs, and SRT4s have to race from a 30 mph roll. From a dig? Terribly inefficient

Nah man. You're clearly mistaken.

>muh braking distance
not having to juggle brake fade is, personally, my biggest concern
but thanks for confirming FiSTing faggots can only look at a stat sheet and dont acually care about driving...

>brembo only makes one caliper for all types of cars

please go back to your video games.

had to double check, and no, i'm not.

2012> SE has a 0.3 faster 0-60 time. and they go for 25-35k

keep in mind, thats straight line speed. we're not even talking about tracks.

>Again, I'd like to see a Miata do 8:14 on Nurburgring with nothing but a set of track pads
8:14 full lap or BTG? because that fiesta youre talking about was BTG
an NC miata with 225 street tires and upgraded brakes will do BTG in udner 8 minutes
neither are impressive

Might want to triple check. Get back to me.

>Pointless in adding Brembos

Not really. Bigger brakes also take heat better, and multiple pistons spread the load over the pad.

This is a stock FiST pad with the stock caliper after a track day.

fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-brakes/5224-if-you-track-your-fist-oe-brakes-aren-t-going-cut.html

you can probably check it yourself already.

effu effu

>buy track pads and use high-temp fluid
>no fade after half an hour of running 9/10ths

You don't need brembos faggot

>paint burned straight off
and people still buy ford shit!? LMAO!!

>Nurburgring
>commute to bag groceries consists of 90% straight lines

#iStandWithCamry

>track pads
you mean like race compound hawks or something? see fiesta st is a shit tier econocar with flashy seats so retarded retail workers such as yourself think its an 'enthusiasts vehicle', protip: it isnt

I don't think most people use the brakes quite that hard on their daily commute.... Honestly, you have to be a pretty good driver to use the brakes that hard to begin with, so chances are 99% of people will never have that problem.

>Miata
>faster in a straight line

Only from launch