The "Have a kid now" Excuse

I was talking to a dude who complimented my MS3 today, and he said he had one before. Knew the engine and little bits of speed3's so he knew what he was talking about. He said he had to give up it because he had a kid.

Why do people do this? They sell their sporty car for a boring econobox. The MS3 has 4 seats, a hatch, and get's good empeegees for a quick car. There's literally no reason why you can't use it as a family car, its safe too.

Or people selling their WRX's for crossovers because "they had kids". A newer WRX is safe with 4 doors and seats. Why sell it?

Because they turned in their Man Cards over to their wives.

New mom probably wants to get a SUV because "they're safer in a crash" and "there's more room in the back"

Have a kid and you'll understand.

oh boy oh boy, this will turn into a MGTOW thread in no time.

This seems to be it. They get bitchwhipped easy. I've seen plenty of cunts around here who have kids and still have some sort of sports sedan.

Did you somehow leave your balls inside your missus, m8?

>MGTOW
Aren't these the dirtbike and fleshlight cunts?

Cuck mentality, there is no logical explanation why a four door is not enough. My cousin has a fucking gigantic Lexus SUV because he had a daughter, and I guarantee he will never use all that space.

What, being a shitty parent and failure of an adult?

>Aren't these the dirtbike and fleshlight cunts?
no it's /r9k/

and they're CORRECT

it really is "cuck mentality" or "turning in the man card" for lack of a better phrase, their wives are just hounding them to get a "family" car even though their current sporty thing has 5 seats and a decent boot as it is

so they go out and get some shitty crossover because the wife thinks it's "safer"

>was carried around, along with my brother and sister in a Fiat Uno with no rear seatbelts, this was considered perfectly fine
>25 years later
>if you have one child you NEED a Range Rover

No, it's a bunch of whiners who spam pictures of Dick Pranaganadingdong, whine that women are the root of all of men's problems and that's why they don't have a gf, and mercilessly thrash aviation acronyms so they can try to rope other losers into their support group for whiners.

>No, it's a bunch of whiners who spam pictures of Dick Pranaganadingdong, whine that women are the root of all of men's problems and that's why they don't have a gf, and mercilessly thrash aviation acronyms so they can try to rope other losers into their support group for whiners.
yeah

/r9k/

>cuck mentality

DING! correct answer. I know guys that had newer mustang GTs and Camaro SS that sold them for crossovers after they had kids, even though the missus had her own vehicle. Some guy bought a new crossover when he was single because "it'll be good when I have a family".

I can sorta understand a small 2 door 4 seater but an MS3 or WRX? When I was a kid my mom had an E30 2 door vert and some Saab 2 door vert to kart around her 3 kids. I don't remember ever complaining, even on our yearly 800mi trips to see the extended family.

i have my es300 as the kiddie cruiser, its cheap, fairly safe, and idc if my daughter fucks up the interior.
>as soon as we have a kid my wife(now seperated) trades her e46 in for almost new X1.
>tfw said x1 now smells like rotting milk and has crumbs and milk/juice stains all over it
>tfw i hope theyre milk stains
>tfw im making payments on it because she refuses to and we have a joint loan
>tfw once the divorce is finalized i will have to buy out her half of it and be stuck with a 3series that has a lift kit.

Depending on how old you are, the e30 and saab where much better built, and in the case of the saab, alot more comfy and safe, than they mazda and Subaru counterparts of the time.

The reason people 'give up' the ms3 and wrx? well they are small and generally these older people have moved on to a point where then can afford something a little larger and comfier. The 530 or m5 replaced the ms3 or wrx.

>Some guy bought a new crossover when he was single because "it'll be good when I have a family"

rip

I don't know, but it makes me laugh. I just bought a two seater, my kids can't even ride in it.
My wife has an SUV, and that's fine for the little monsters.

This guy gets. She's the one at home taking care of them, she should have the car that can be destroyed by the shit stains. Or just both put in for something kid proof when you have them and keep your leisure cars that you had when you met. If you can't afford a shit box, you shouldn't be having kids. As to the earlier point of why they have to be SUV soccer mum cars? That's the woman's shitty choice and the man caving in.

Sounds to me the problem was making kids with the wrong woman.
If you marry someone who gets their education from television this is one of the many prices you have to pay for it.

>Buying a sensible family car because of children
If it works for you, then do it.
>Buying a sensible family car you don't want because of children
No. I refuse to pay tens of thousands, which I will have to do in this place, for something that'll make me miserable.
>Selling a car you really like to buy sensible family car you don't like
Even worse than above. Absolutely nein.
>Insisting on buying a NEW family car
Wait, isn't the kids-with-juice-and-Nutella-in-the-back-seat EXACTLY the scenario that the Volvo beater was invented for? Roomy, safe as can be. Why would I be buying a new car when it's by definition going to be beat on, kicked, dinged and smeared in feces and/or sandwich spreads?

tl;dr: Get beater child hauler, keep hektik skidsmobile

That subaru joke picture from CL explained it best - it's not the kids, it's the wife. In america, you can't make compromise or argue because they're cucked into the relationship because of sex and it will just end in divorce in 2 months. The WRX he was selling was perfectly fine, they had a house with a garage for two cars, and had the money to buy whatever they wanted in reason. She was just being a controlling cunt and has to have it her way. Some men won't do this immediately and they'll compromise but give it just a year and they'll be brainwashed.

Selling your car for this reason isn't really a failing on her, it's a failing on yourself because you made the wrong choice to get into this relationship. Marriage is completely dead for you as a man, there is absolutely positively nothing in it for you whatsoever except for the implicit promise of sex.

>mfw my mom needed a new car my dad went out and bought some used shitbox Grand Caravan for cash, zero regrets
>also mfw hooning that 3.8L V6 later on with all the seats taken out
Don't be a faggot and you'll be fine.

>reproducing
Why do normies fall for this meme everytime?

I think a lot of soon-to-be new parents don't realize that families will typically use only one car to haul kids around. It's not obvious that trading cars is easier than moving car seats until you try it, I guess. Plus, that way you only get one interior ruined.

its called being a cuck
instead lf keeping it and teaching your kids about cars, you buy a shitty carolla.

but if you are a sensible man, ypu just buy your wife a huge suv

Only issue with this is that you can't go TOO old for the brat-wagon because you need something that's equipped with modern child seat anchors ("LATCH"). Thankfully it's not as much of a problem as it used to be, I think most cars from ~2002 onward have them.

It'd be fun to take an old beater and strip out/ruggedize the rear interior, so you could just spray all the kid grime out with a hose.

It works out pretty well, assuming you have the cash to pay someone to watch them.
Otherwise, I imagine it's a bitch and a half.

GF had a grump about my car
>user it's too impractical, got no room, is loud, and it can't carry a bag bigger than a rucksack

I use it to go to work. Perfect commuter car. 45-50mpg. Small enough to park anywhere. Finish work, take roof down and blast work off over a nice drive home.

So I sold the MR2

And got a single seat motorbike, an Aprillia Mille R.

Women have to be taught that things can get worse if you provoke.

having a child means money is going to fly right out the window at every possible occasion
maybe it was just a money issue

How were you getting 45+ mpg in an MR2?

i get 40 mpg from a 1.6 NA
if you drive like a grampa it's not impossible

you stuck your dick in it, your fault

How the FUCK do you allow yourself to be so cucked? Look its one thing to have a mutual agreement about a decision, but if you have the need to complain about something behind her back then that means you are a fucking doormat of a man.

I can't comprehend this shit

That's pretty cool, I never knew that

>Alpha fux, beta bux

/r9k/ philosophy rings true once more, and the "men" who cave when told to sell their car to finance some sort of shitty crossover/SUV were in the first place the nice guys who relegated themselves to welcome mat status, waiting for their dream girls to tire of the cock carousel and settle down with them once their looks go downhill.

If ever they had the thought of defying her in the first place, they wouldn't have the spine to do so.

It's all on the men. I've made it clear that I'm going to keep my sports car and maybe even buy a two seater in the near future.
My soon to be wife has a Lexus is350 and that will be perfectly fine as the family vehicle. When it comes time to upgrade we will but my cars aren't going anywhere. I have no problem with practical cars and I've even convinced her to look at wagons. Men need to get it together soon or else our we'll all be expected to be mindless cucks.