Why are landcruisers so expensive?

Why are landcruisers so expensive?
Are they really that more capable than a 4runner which you can buy fully loaded for half the price?

You don't buy a Land Cruiser because it's more capable then a 4runner. You buy because it's more luxurious.

Then why isn't it sold under Lexus?

Because engineering something to last 30 years isn't cheap.

Unless you drive one. Youll never know.

It is

toyota ceo wanted once to make a cheap big suv luxury but one day it rained making their headquarters slick and big boss took a fall hurting his left elbow throbbing like crazy so used this as leverage to change the price as he always envisioned a bigger number on the advertisements so they came to this agreement not to disclose the injury allegedly

seems legit

I still lol every time when I think people choose a Range Rover, Porsche or anything over a Landcruiser.

Range rovers and cayennes are for rich housewives and cucks

Range rover drivers are known to walk around with their mouths agape from being blown out by uncut meatstick

Kind of this. Put them both head to head offroad and they're much the muchness. Just the Landcruiser can work at a higher capacity.
That's literally like asking why an F250 is more expensive than a Ranger.

>every girl in her 20's wants a range rover
>have a friend that ends up buying a 10 year old range rover with ~80k miles on it as a status symbol because muh luxury and muh celebrities drive these
>constantly has problems
>in the shop twice a month
>she doesnt even put 2k miles on it before an oil leak ends up killing the engine
>engine replacement is almost the cost of what she paid for the car
>she could've bought a 4runner if she wanted an suv or a brand new camry if she just wanted a car for the same price

I don't talk to her as much now

>I don't talk to her as much now
Why not?
A friend in need is a friend indeed >:D

Yep people are dumbasses.

>in NZ
>Buy new Landcruiser for 100k
>drive for 250,000 KM over 5 years
>sell for 60k

Cant do the same with anything else.

I already explained this in a thread last week.

The LC you get is the highest trim. The base trim, if sold in the US, would've been sold for under 40k.

Plus I think 80k for such an awesome smoothy as fucky SUV is a value considering you guys have Range Rovers and other SUVS for over 100k. But all you Americans care about is the badge and that's why they don't sell the lower-tier variants of the LC.

The other 100k$ SUVs usually have more power tho

They are not even range rovers.

They are range Rover sports.

>The only possible answer.

nice

Friend has a 98 LC. Completely different machine than a 4Runner. Straight 6 engine, they are top notch, pinnacle of manufacturing. Made in Japan with the best components. Whereas the Sequoias and 4Runners, Highlanders are slapped together in factories all over the world with cheap components.

The Land Cruisers costs a shitton more than the similar Sequoia cause it's made far better.

I read an article saying the LC 79 was made to last 250,000 miles.

here we is, off roading

I owned a 06 4skinner and curently have a 99 land crusier.

worth every fucking penny more

Lexus LX is a rebadged Land Cruiser.

ok

>4Runners are slapped together in factories all over the world with cheap components.

4runners are made in JP

Unless said 79 series suffers a catastrophic failure at the hands of its owner, there's no reason they're not still tight as a drum at 500,000km.

>here we is, off roading
>here we is
nice grammer faggot

>You buy because it's more luxurious.

That's not why I bought my FJ80. But it is why I'll never buy another Landcruiser. They just lost track of what made the vehicle great.

Also, not giving up my FJ40 either.

Couldnt disagree more. Toyota have always made the upmarket civilian spec SUV since the dawn of the 55 series, followed by the 60, your 80, 100 and now the 200. They always had the commercial line and still produce the true J40 successor (albeit not in North America), but the SUV variants relative to the time were always well appointed.

>still produce the true J40 successor (albeit not in North America)

So, f* them.

>but the SUV variants relative to the time were always well appointed.

You could get a basic Landcruiser back in the old days. But less so now (at least in the USA). And they ditched things like a front diff lock because they put in IFS for Muh Comfy Ride. So screw them.