Nissan 370Z

What went wrong? Why doesn't anyone have one? Why doesn't anyone mention them?

Also why did Nissan ditch the more sedan like S15/R34 style and start doing these abominations instead with the 350Z?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WNfR9fEv3xs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JSFMSU

Because a lightly used 2007+ 350z is better deal, looks better too

they should make a quick facelift and drop the 400 hp VR30 turbo they released for their infiniti coupe

Looks were a downgrade.

I dont like the head/taillights the 370 has, very good prices on late model 350's. Not too much changed

They are ugly. That's pretty much it. Whoever has been designing Nissans since 2000 needs to get fired. Way to ruin a beautiful lineup.

My dad owns a 370Z Nismo.

Checkmate atheists.

They were unreliable (early 350z), they weren't any use for modding (engine mostly maxed, high compression so bad for boost without opening engine), and they had a worse interior of the 300zx that came before.

It didn't really do anything good at all. Even now why would you ever buy one over a C5/C6 Vette? Worse reliability, interior, mpgs and the 350/370z is heavier than a C5.

How old is your dad? What else was he considering before the 370?

>It didn't really do anything good at all.

That, too heavy to be a 'sports car', good power for the time but was quickly outpaced by the Mustang/Camaro after only 3 years.

Nissan badge engineered a pile. They took a landbarge luxury platform from Infiniti, didn't do enough to lighten it, and then jammed a truck powertrain in it.

It's not practical, it's not lightweight, and for the same money you can get more power in something just as 'stylish'.

It's probably a decent car if you understand what it is and don't do anything stupid to it.

they are replacements to the Z chassis (240z 260z 280z 300z)
not the S or R
it is low quality bait

The Nismo 370 is my mom's favorite car for some reason and yet she drives an m235i

I just find it incredible that theyre not only still producing 370's, but their MSRP for a nismo is still 40k
You can buy a fully loaded brand new mustang gt and still have around 5k for mods left. You can buy a new camaro for 40k

I really want to know what the numbers are for nissans cars sold, who and how many people buy that thing?

Nissan never bothered updating the thing to keep up with the competition.

But S and R disappeared?

Im thinking about spending 25k on a car to replace my 12 civic. 2015 370z or a decent C6 Corvette?

What went wrong is I'm poor, else I'd buy one.

No contest, C6. Good aftermarket and even a base C6 still a good performance sports car. You could always grab a 2007ish 350z and spend the rest on mods or even find a C5 Z06.

Too heavy; too expensive. Nobody wants a Japanese Camaro. Nissan has consistently misunderstood the Z line since the 260Z.

Japanese sports coupes should be light and nimble. They don't need to be two tons with a turbocharged V-6.

i really dont like the way the r34 and r33 look

i just dont

Sounds like the modern Dodge/FCA tier bullshit

believe it or not, its hard and expensive to develop a car with a non shit frame, non shit suspension system, and non shit motor. As the cost of producing cars has gone up the past couple decades the line of actually making a profit on them has gone down as well. So spending the millions on developing a NEW sports car for a niche market compared to selling a average car for average people, which lets face it, out numbers enthusiasts. Is not a very economically viable idea anymore.

Thats why they had that abomination Z concept few years back where it was a cross over.

>Nobody wants a Japanese Camaro
Exactly this

Lots of people have them I see them every day. I've had mine for 8 years. At the time it had more power and better performance than a Mustang GT, the Camaro wasn't on the market yet, and the Challenger was a bloated whitetrash cruiser, so it was clear choice. Even though the competition has improved dramatically in power and performance, it's still a great car and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Everyone keeps going on about the weight, but it weighs less than it's competition, the 350Z, and the 300ZX. Nissan went through great lengths to pair down the weight while keeping the price reasonable by using aluminum for the hood, doors, and rear hatch and a carbon fiber driveshaft.

>weighs less than it[s] competition
>is slower
>costs more
>is Japanese

Billy Joe wants a big heavy cou-pay with some giddy-up but he darned sure ain't gonna buy it from some zipperheads.

Meanwhile, the Miata sells decade after decade.

I'm not saying you can't love your Z. I just don't see why Nissan is selling a slower Camaro for more money.

>wouldn't trade it
I see you took the 144mo payment plan and are upside down by thousands...

I'd rather have a japanese mustang

Only question is...
350 swap or 1UZ swap?

Coyote nigger

Actually I paid if off in full the day I bought it with money from a lawsuit settlement

but muh $1400 400HP engine

LS is only $500 and an afternoon. Is your afternoon worth less than $900?

Yeee boi

You obviously haven't driven a 370Z or a Camaro. The experiences couldn't be more different.

Is it really? How much HP at that $500? Which LS?

>dickhead newfags on Veeky Forums
>having actually driven any good cars
pick one

4AGE

>4AGE
Yawn. Gimme veeyate.

Because I got an Infiniti instead

>swapping your 75 hp engine for a 110 hp engine
wew lad, you sure the chassis will be able to take all that power?

rotary

The 370Z wasn't heavy enough for you?

weight, needs to drop like 400lbs for it to be an interesting car

it weighs the same as a R32GTR

Are you taking the piss?

GTR has that low end torque from turbo AND awd

just sudoku yourself my man

>turbo
>affecting low end anything

Faggot i owned one it had NO torque below 5500

when the gtr has an iron block straight 6, twin turbos, and 4wd, and still weighs the same as the 350, then you know the Z is a fat sack

Does anyone here DD a 350? Do you ever have to drive them in snow? If so, how do they handle.

I'm thinking of trading in my 08 Charger for a manual 2006 350z with 85k on it for about 8k minus the trade in. I live in Maine and our winters suck really bad sometimes.

Why don't you have a winter beater?

Z cars are undrivable in the snow. Owning an additional car for shitty road conditions is crucial.

lol your dad is slow

>The experiences couldn't be more different.

>Both drive like pigs
>Both have no visiblity
>Both have American- tier build quality and materials
>Both have heavy anemic v6's
They're evenly matched, I'd say

But that GTR wont hold up as well in a crash and doesnt have the thicker more reinforced chassis, airbags and other heavier equipment.

Its a trade of so you dont have to strip the car and put a roll cage in it so you want die at a track

youtu.be/WNfR9fEv3xs

Dunno why everyone shits on the new skyline yet the older 370 is lighter with the only downside being tacky styling and dash

>Does anyone here DD a 350?
I did for about 7 years.
>Do you ever have to drive them in snow?
I live in Massachusetts and trying to drive the Z in the snow was a major pain in the ass. Thankfully I had a civic shitbox that I could drive in the winter. Sports cars in general are shit when it comes to winter driving.

The one thing I hated about the Z was the fucking road noise. I drove a 2004 coupe and unless I was blasting my stereo, I could hear everything little thing on the road. Also, if you get a manual, they shift like a bitch. You will never find that sweet spot into each gear. I've been told the last few years the Z was made, Nissan fixed a lot of the issues that the early models had. Overall I loved the car, but I sold it back in 2011 and got a C6.

ausfag here

we dont even drive well in wet weather and every time the rainy/monsoon season hits in summer every cunt has spun off the road and i drive like a grandpa in the wet and a derro hoon in the dry.

>The 370Z pulls a g on the skidpad and stops faster than a 911
>Yes visibility is shit, but it's a sports car. Find a lamborghini you can see out of
>The Z's interior is superior to it's japanese competitors and only loses to much more expensive german cars
>The V6 in the Z is one of the most powerful NA V6's ever built and weighs less than any inline 6 or v8

>stops faster than a 911
>interior is superior to it's japanese competitors
>one of the most powerful NA V6's ever built

That's an awful lot of false superlatives. Did you make all this shit up?

>from infinity
Lol dumb Americans

A review and road test by Edmunds for the 2009 Z stated that it stops form 60-0 mph in 101 feet, beating the figure posted by a 911 turbo with carbon ceramic brakes tested earlier that.

The interior quality is clearly better than the 86/FR-S/BRZ, Miata or any Subaru.

At 332-350 hp, The VQ37VHR is more powerful than many turbo 6 and V8 engines such as the 4.6 made by Ford and the boosted inline 6 in the BMW 1M.

>peak power figures
>ignoring the fact that the 1M's powerband is basically from idle to redline and will shit down the throat of a G37

One's boosted and one's not. The fact that they can even be compared shows the impressive engineering behind the VQ.

>impressive engineering
I think you meant to say "additional displacement"

It has much less displacement and more power than American V8s when it was launched. It also weighs less than the BMW engine.

C6 easily

the Z cars are ugly and nothing special

at least with a corvette you get american memes and more power

>GTR
>low end torque

holy fuck lol I really hope this is b8

it's kinda front heavy and has trouble putting the power down, as in breathe on the throttle and the wheels will spin but with proper tires it will still get moving

fantastic skid machine though, it tends to understeer if you don't skid it in a low traction situation

spot on with the manual, the only feeling the clutch has is weight, can never feel an actual bite point

darn shame because the wheel/pedal/shifter arrangement is imo fantastic

My apartment only has 1 space available for a vehicle.

lel