/mmog/ - MMO General

We're all a little dead here edition.

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com
youtube.com/watch?v=zAAwSFddcPo
youtube.com/watch?v=cjo9XJmuQtA
youtube.com/watch?v=yvEtdCJaeH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Recommend me an mmo where I can be a priest who heals others, and then whale my way to acceptance.

Has they introduced anything worth doing in this game or are we still stuck?

The last time I played I was forever trying to make money but that's never enough. Making a few billions a week is pretty good for my level but when the OP cashshop merc is a TRILLION, I just gave up.

Perfect world
Wakfu
Tera if you want to play as a little girl
Any F2p mmo
Seriously i think they all offer a way to do that

>finaly getting good with Eniripsa
i need some better cards but i think i'm getting the hang of it.

RevPasta

>What is Revelation Online?
Fuck off. It's shit.

>Current News
None, it's dead.

>Official Links
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com

>Resources
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>Can I play now?
Never

>/revog/ Guilds
There is none

>Steam Group
Steam is a meme

So what do you guys thinking about Aether revolt?

>Tera
Is that game still alive? Or at least, not on the verge of closing?
I had fun with it when it came out, but got bored since I was always alone, so I quit one level away from the cap (is it still 60?).
Why is it so hard to meet people in games where you're always surrounded by them?

I just want a good MMO again. I grew up with SWG, Then CoH/CoV, LoTRO before it was shit, and others.
I just wanna tank or heal or dps or whatever. I've tried EVE but god damn it's the most boring fucking MMO on the planet and I gave it 3 months.

F2P or not I don't care, I just want quality again. I loved Vindictus but the end game is just grinding out gear and it's way worse than any other game, it also relies on fuckin' P2W health pots now and no skill to beat bosses.

It's 2017, how fucking hard is this for these retard developers to make a good MMO?

It's 65. Elin whales will keep it afloat for a long time so it probably won't be closing.

Anyone else playing the new Ragnarok Online server, Rise of Midgard? It feels really vanilla. I'm having a good time.

its "alive" I guess. just really shit with new classes making everything more trivial than it already was
becasue theres no need to work together for an extended period of time for anything anymore.
anything that needs a group just does it with dungeon finder and never sees each other again

>It's 2017, how fucking hard is this for these retard developers to make a good MMO?

Not as hard as it is to find a quantity of people who want a good MMO. Most of the bad design decisions come from trying to find a way to make them profitable, since they're a constant expense.

>theres no need to work together for an extended period of time for anything anymore.
>anything that needs a group just does it with dungeon finder and never sees each other again
o-oh, ok then.

>Revelation Online

we still playing?

>It's 2017, how fucking hard is this for these retard developers to make a good MMO?
>current year
good mmos arent profitable, they probbaly never will be due to the "gotta have it now" mentality.
user there will never be a good mmo. Accept it and get off this dying genre
BDO while it was in CB was the best thing we'd get and even that got ruined by casuals

So I'm in that popular state of mind where I can't get into MMOs anymore.

I'm trying to find something I can get into, though. What MMOs out there might be good? Been trying to figure out Archeage but Im looking into Vanilla Wow or FF14

BDO is still fun. The beta was better, but I don't think the game would have been a whole lot different from what it is now. It's biggest flaw is the entire game being centered around gear grind/upgrades and there being little purpose for fighting over territory. Really should have built something more similar to Eve Online particularly in the PvP and how everything is crafted by players.

The Elysium server might be fun if you want to play WoW again. They just launched a fresh PvP server. Last I played FF was the best WoW clone and better than the official WoW server. Honestly don't know why you would want to play such boring games though.

You forget, none of the MMO developers would even know how to make a good *single player* game in the first damn place.

Take for example: Haven and Hearth.

You have all sorts of mismatched nightmare combinations from all the fuck over.
- Infinite stat/attribute gain, yet permanent death with a dismal 30% recovery on "reincarnation" AND an effective lock during combat @ 1000 skill/stat value.
- Infinite item quality growth due to the above, yet many quality levels are hard-capped by some kind of resource or tool at some phase of the resource cycle
- Possible to be a 6 hour """adventure""" (walking) simulator from map edge to map edge, yet you're able to teleport that distance instantly with the proper structures/magic
- Reasonably easy terraforming, but no actual utility such as forming new cliffs or filling rivers/lakes, etc.
- Fishing that's boring as shit yet completely necessary to improve certain stats during the early phase of the characters' life, because the food/stats system is interconnected and the initial foraged foods drop to 1/2 effectiveness.
- Permits offline character growth due to the XP/LP system, yet constantly ceiling-bumps the player in-game when they exceed their XP/LP-per-hour growth rate.
- All sorts of resources spanning the full skill tree are needed, but the linkages of the tree are hidden and there's no record of what you have/not discovered yet or any physical lock-out warning you that "X is needed to enable this"
- Completely fucking secret and esoteric bullshit that would never be discovered by the player in a single life, or if the developers had not told you: THE FUCKING COMBAT SYSTEM

Just like every other RPG that tries to be an MMO, if the base gameplay is shit, the MMO will be shit.
> Start an Ultima Online private server
> Find out UO was shit all along

FF did feel comfy as fuck and it still looks comfy. The PvP isn't amazing but it might just fill my niche (Let's face it I won't have good open world PvP ever again unless I'm playing vanilla wow)

Albion Online looks like it might be fun.

Honestly though in the back of my mind I'm going 'This is why you quit MMOs for Dark souls'

Haven and Hearth has always been shit largely due to the grind, but it was a lot of fun and a novelty before sandbox survival games became popular. Really the devs making most of these sandbox games are terrible at actual design. I think the problem may be that a lot of devs are very limited in their experience playing different kinds of games and don't fully grasp what actually makes the experience fun.

I honestly think the EVE devs, mostly by chance or luck, got so many more aspects of the MMO right than anyone, but because it's a spaceships and spreadsheets game it's dull as can be 99% of the time. Would be a lot more fun if a lot of the overarching designs were implemented in your typical fantasy setting and some of the more convoluted aspects were, for lack of a better term, streamlined.

Albion sounded fun to me, but I've heard nothing but bad things about it lately.

I stopped playing Haven and Hearth because Russians were basically the psychos from borderlands and they traveled in packs.

LOTRO is the best vanilla WoW clone

XIV is the best current WoW clone

its a shame, because back in world 3, haven was a fucking amazing political survival game
>two gigantic factions hold half of the lands to their own
>smaller factions that have alliances to said giant factions start popping up
>all that drama, gameplay, gigantic battles, fights, stories of betrayal and victory
>"oh well this isn't a good thing lets fucking re-vamp and re-work everything 600 times"
>"that includes going from a cool not too bad performing 2D to a horrid laggy 3D piece of shit"

The game was still a massive grind, but you're right. Those were good times.

>Most of the bad design decisions come from trying to find a way to make them profitable
The saddest truth.

it was at least your own time based grind, not some unholy "put curios in and wait a day for your sick LP gain" grind
there was a reason to keep playing for double digit hours, unlike these days where you log on for an hour, do your dailies (farm and replant, smelt some ore and put your coal burner on) and go back to sleep like every other fucking MMO

Fuck games with a world chat. 90% of it isn't even English in a fucking English server.
It's either BR or Indo.

English in my games, but one is b2p and the other gave South America their own servers.

>world chat is english
>all the people spouting dank maymays or trying to pretend they're mature with le sex jokes
>faggots circlejerking openly

TERA was the last time I read global chat channels, never again

Imagine my keks when I realized they were sequestered off the default tab on reinstalling

There was no fixing that cancer

Vindictus on the east server probably had the worst global chat I've was forced to look at because people also used megaphones for trading.

>Get to level whatever in Wakfu
>Fat dog on a hoverchair wants some enemy scraps
>EZ
>Wait, he wants more
>PZ
>Now some crafted stuff
>Have to go harvest and shit because I'm broke
>Lose the will to go on

I love crafting and stuff usually too, why does everything take so much fucking material in this game

>75 of two different types of wood to make a crate

>that one wood that is fucking nowhere
fucking apu

Doesn't take long if you have a Havebag.

That's why you should join a guild with a Havenworld. Chances are they have all types of flora and fauna.

This right here is the problem with MMO genre.

They cost a shitload of money, so to offset the cost they most try for broad market appeal.

The only way to do this is to pander to shitters/casuals.

Pandering to casuals always ends up being a short term gain that fucks the game over in the long run since players get bored due to lack of challenge.

>put 1b from my main to my alt
>forgot to put it in the bank
>die
>lost 200m
Well, that fucking sucks.

How do I get more money in Atlantica online? I forgot how I made that much since I last played in 2012.

Try Dragon Nest. Gameplay is the same or even better. Though the downsides are a lot more horrible and worse than the couple upsides it has.

Upsides are the gameplay and it's insane group pvp though, and you can pvp without paying2win.

Go craft some Autocraft action III or IV.

That shit sells better than weed. I haven't played in a long time though, so I dunno how the economy is like now but I had over 10b thanks to selling that.

>those ingredients to craft
Jesus christ. No thanks, or at least not now, plus I still need to level the thing to make III+

Well there will be a 3rd CBT on the 19 so I plan to make a new general then and hope it stays alive. Also the level cap is 69 now.

I remember just spamming crafting books for it when I got lazy and it still gives profit.

Other than crafting, TBS is a good way of making money as well, but I can't remember shit about it. Probably some around lvl 110 or so.

By the time open beta arrives, it'll probably be so dead they'll just close the servers soon after.

Maybe but I'm still play it.

Fuck off SEAmonkey.

How did you get I was from SEA user?

Stealing all ya shit.

i just want an mmo experience with guild bros just like in my chinese cartoons

Tfw no good enough MMO to get databased into.

I wish I was a cute little girl.

Why, I'd rather be irresistible /ss/ and get dem onee-chans all day.

I wish I was a bear for a day.

dumb weeb poster

>meeting a mill deck when you have a bad curve as non sram

I bet you play humies only.

Human are da best.

>at home
>look at my window for no reason
>big mass of ladybugs
I let them all outside after I got them.

>bought heroes for 7 days
wew

Have fun.

>brother persuades me to play retail WoW with him
>do everything there is to do in 1,5 months, spend another 0,5 months doing daily chores, unsub
I think I'm finally free of this genre, unless something like DAoC or RO comes along.

Oh, I also would have liked to experience UO, but I was much too late.

That's a big hand

Whats the best way to level in amakna? cracklers at 30?

I'd fuck this.

>tfw she makes everything rng during it

>1% to cum right away
>cum right away as you put it in

>random chance of dick entering arse or vagoo
>1d6 cum amount
>flip a coin: if it's heads, you are ready to go again. If it's tails, you can't get it up for a year.
>Pick a card. If it's worse than hers, you cum prematurely

>1% chance to turn into a cat
>she'll tease you hard and you'll be unequipped to do anything

>male Fairy
>still has tits

Who is responsible for this?!

>tfw no cute eniripsa bf to heal you and spoil

life is suffering

I'd heal you and feed you my white potions, but only if you're cute.

What MMO is this?

europoors no doubt

so disappointed you can't make a fairy yet

Man, that's an ugly hand.

>it also relies on fuckin' P2W health pots now and no skill to beat bosses.
you mean the pots that you can buy from the AP shop?

He's 65 and obese after all.

>Not incinerated by an inscrutable intelligence or anti-regenerated
2/10

>Rev up a game of Krosmaga
>Lose to chafer king coinflips

That nerf can't come soon enough, fuck that broken piece of shit.

NO CARD GAME DISCUSSIONS BELOW THIS LINE

>tfw lost all interest after 1st cbt and the massive jewery and incompetence they've shown ever since
I really loved the aesthetics though. I just wish female vanguard could use the lewd body type.

Chafer king is bleh, the biggest sinner is the celestial gobball, thank god is kill next update.

Mabinogi has a new pet. Come on guys lets play it, anyone from Tarlach?

I'd love to play mabinogi but the only playerbase left are small groups and level 99999^9999 who reincarnated infinite+1 times and just want to rush everything. Not to mention the casualization.

New class in Elsword. opinions?
youtube.com/watch?v=zAAwSFddcPo

youtube.com/watch?v=cjo9XJmuQtA

If I want something alive, with a dungeon finder, that is not wow, ffxiv, teso, swtor or rift, what do I play?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer.
Nothing, it doesn't exist.
FUCK I NEED A NEW MMO WHERE ARE THE NEW MMOS

Tera.

Forgot that one.
I don't want it, it runs like shit.

Look one post above you, it's what you need

upgrade your toaster

Revelation Online soon

Some faggots will try to shitpost saying it's shit but honestly it looks really good

Blade & Soul.

not an mmo

More from that new class
youtube.com/watch?v=yvEtdCJaeH0

Yes a mmo.

A singleplayer game.

>cod is an mmo
>diablo is an mmo
>fable 2 is an mmo

But DUDE don't you want to play Raid Simulator 2017?!?!?!

But muh cities
But muh few open fighting areas that actually exist in the game