Camaro Mustang Challenger V8

Eurofag here. Am interested in buying one of those, V8 of course.
Could any ameritower enlighten me with the biggest differences between those? Except from the looks of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-news/video/camaro-zl1-has-lapped-ring-quicker-koenigsegg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

topgear.com/car-news/video/camaro-zl1-has-lapped-ring-quicker-koenigsegg

just saying

Camaro, more thoroughbred then the Mustang, more purpose built for speed and performance, and a more complete package.

Mustang, the originator, the icon, the one that people identify as pure, unadulterated, Americana sportscar.

Challenger, the much larger car is also much more comfortable to live with on a daily basis. Think of it as a touring car with sports car aspirations. Only get the V8, anything smaller is a disappointment.

Thanks mate, that was quick and helpful

Buy a Mustang. The Challenger is too big for comfort in Europe, and the Camaro is a silly fucking cuntmobile with absolute horse shit visibility and practicality.

Also the Challenger isn't officially sold in Europe, only grey imported, so have fun finding repair shops and parts.

OP again. To me, only the 2017 Challenger still looks like a "real" muscle car. The 2017 Mustang and Camaro barely have anything left in common with their classic predecessors on the outside.

For me challenger is best because it's roomy, comfortable, and the most practical of the three. Also all the roads where I live are big and straight. But the car is huge. Its size might not be so practical on European roads.

Challenger is a muscle car, so in a league of it's own.

Mustang and Camaro are so evenly matched that the driver will make the difference in terms of performance, and running costs are about the same. Only way to know which one to get, is to test drive both.

>The Challenger is too big for comfort in Europe
If you suck at driving. A Challenger isn't really that much bigger than an S-class.

>Camaro, more thoroughbred then the Mustang,
Meaningless banter. Both have been developed and refined over and over.
>more purpose built for speed and performance
Not really. Shares it's platform with saloons, while the Mustang gets a dedicated platform.
>and a more complete package
Similar pricing with similar options.

>Mustang, the originator
Barracuda was the first ponycar.
>the one that people identify as pure, unadulterated, Americana sportscar
No. Mustang has mvoed away from the old muscley ponycar thing, and it's becoming more and more of a dedicated, Europeanised sportscar.

>Challenger, the much larger car is also much more comfortable to live with on a daily basis. Think of it as a touring car with sports car aspirations.
Think of it as a comfy muscle car.
>Only get the V8, anything smaller is a disappointment.
I'd go a step beyond that, and say that even the 5.7 is disappointing. Also, the 6.4 is a bargain.

Get a Commodore m8, you don't need any of that grubby, unreliable American rubbish

>Its size might not be so practical on European roads.
See , it's not a problem. Hell, I regularly drive a fullsized pickup here, and it's fine.

>To me, only the 2017 Challenger still looks like a "real" muscle car.
Because it is.
>The 2017 Mustang and Camaro barely have anything left in common with their classic predecessors on the outside.
Which may not be a bad thing. They're Europeanised sportscar with handling, driving pleasure and performance that matches pretty much anything the Europeans offer at this pricepoint.

australian trash

That's fine and dandy but if you're going to say that why suggest a car with american engines and drive-trains?
>Get a Big Mac m8, burgers are bad for your health

Superior build quality

GM have many shortcomings. A ton of them. Engines are the one thing they're good in. And I say that as someone who hates GM.

Define "here". Because Finland is a completely different environment from France. And I wouldn't want to drive an S-Class here either. E-Class is the upper end of my size preference.

Mustang is fast my friend has a 2012 5.0 and it's great, challenger also fast but heavier than dick, and the camaro is a slower lighter challenger, id go corvette

>Camaro sets impressive lap around the ring
>Top Gear needs to throw in that the Guila is 3 seconds slower so Eurofags they can feel proud about something

Netherlands, most congested country in the entire EU.

Challenger is actually e-class based, so roughly the same size. A US expat living in my (cramped) village DD's one, and it's no problem at all.

>5,02m by 1,93m
>E-Class sized
It's actually only a dickthick shorter than an S-Class. I mean, it's not as huge as old American cars, but in my eyes it's going to be noticable in daily driving over the next smaller category. Sadly all three of these cars are this pigfat wide now. Mustang used to be 1,80m not too long ago.

>and the camaro is a slower lighter challenger
It's actually about as light, if not lighter than, the Mustang, and it's miles faster than the Challenger. 2016 refresh did wonders.
>id go corvette
A Corvette is a great suggestion for someone who's looking for a ponycar /sarcasm

The camaro is the fastest by far. Straight line and handles best.

The challenger scat pack is nearly as fast as Camaro in straight line, heavy & won't handle as tight.

Mustang & Challenger RT are pretty close in a straight line, challenger is roomier, and because of weight won't handle as well.

>the mustang gets a dedicated platform

Not really true, the current mustang shares the same floor pan as the late Lincoln LS

pick me

>ameritower
The Camaro is the best performing. It will obliterate any of the others in every performance metric.
The Challenger is the most comfortable. It's competent, but a bit too much like an old muscle car. Despite a fully independent suspension, the weight and Mercedes origins of the chassis kill any chance of it handling decently.
The Mustang is somewhere in the middle. It has a great V8, is more practical than the Camaro, but can outhandle the Challenger.

If you want to go fast, get a Camaro.
If you want comfort and a classic muscle car, get the Challenger.
If you want a compromise between performance, handling, and comfort, get the Mustang.

>Camaro is Yoshi and Toad
>Mustang is Mario and Luigi
>Challenger is Bowser, DK and Wario

Is this accurate?

Only the SXT and lower trims have AWD, if I remember correctly. The 3.6 puts out over 300hp stock and that's really not bad, considering what you pay for it new.

In my opinion, you should be considering the Charger over the Challenger. The Charger is more of a pony car than the Challenger is, where as the Challenger is pretty much the only production muscle car still being made today.

No and fuck off back to /v

>The Charger is more of a pony car than the Challenger is

The very definition of a ponycar is a twodoor muscle-y sportscar.

The Charger is a four door barge with muscle.

The two concepts couldn't be further apart.

i find the mustang more comfortable to drive and get in/out of than either the camero or challenger. the latter especially feels like i'm being encased in a coffin or something, for something so large on the outside i often find my right knee jammed up against the enormous center console.

Challenger is a land barge with worse blind spots than the Camaro.
You'll kill yourself in the Camaro and the mustang will kill you if you get in a fender bender.

For me, it's the
McNissan 370Z.

Based 'roos

>implying ausfalia is any better

The best fast car.

>Hell, I regularly drive a fullsized pickup here, and it's fine.
""""Company car"""" tax loophole, I presume?

Hell yes, a brand new Ram 1500. As a pickup that can carry a Europallet, it's considered a work vehicle here in the Netherlands. That means:
>no import tax
>no sales tax
>no road tax
No import and sales tax means they're about as expensive to buy as a BMW 320 (40-45K depending on options).
No road tax whatsoever means you can slap an LPG (propane) installation in them, without paying the higher road tax you normally get with running on LPG. Despite only getting 6.5-7 km/l, the LPG conversion gives you the running costs of a petrol vehicle that gets 14-15km/l.

Basically, you're sitting in a 2500kg leather-lined tank that's cheaper to run than a ''premium'' D-segment car.

I fucking hate that they found out LPG allowed people to not pay ridiculous fuel prices so they just doubled the road tax on LPG vehicles to make up for it.
Gotta keep people in the tiniest shitboxes somehow.

>Gotta keep people in the tiniest shitboxes somehow.
Yet here, it's actually stimulating the ownership of fullsized V8 MURRICA trucks. It's a lovely delusion of a tax system.

Meanwhile, we own the most Outlander PHEV's because of another tax loophole. The pigs are always ran in ICE mode, they pollute like hell, and manufacturing those batteries must've been great for the environment - and the PHEV promotion program has been claimed to be effective. Mostly effective at draining the taxpayer's wallet with those subsidies, that is.

Our government is retarded, and will stay retarded for quite some time.

>Outlander PHEV
I fucking despise those things, especially in that sky-blue metallic "look at me I'm cleaner than you" color.

And everyone knows the only reason people bought them was because they were the biggest cars with the biggest tax discounts on them. I mean, they sold eleven thousand of the things in the first week.
ELEVEN.
FUCKING.
THOUSAND.

>b-but it's missing two cylinders

I'd say so. You forgot Peach BTW.

>tfw mained DK
>Prefer Camaro at this point in time

>women drivers

I didn't forget her.

Get the stang or else you'll always have to defend pushrods.

Shew those are all ugly

Pushrods don't need defending when they make 707hp.

Buy the Camaro if you care about having the best performance
Buy the Mustang if you care about buying the best looking one
Buy the Dodge if you have autism

>Buy the Camaro if you care about having the best performance
>Buy the Mustang if you care about buying the best looking one
>Buy the Dodge if you want comfy
Ftfy

>Ugly, fat, heavy, slow, large exterior with no usable interior

ausfag here

Why the fuck dont seppos send us their other pony cars and cadillacs? The Mustang is SHIT

why does everyone think the opel omega b and commodore/coupe is ugly?

i think their qt always had a soft spot for the 1997-2002 era

The muscle cars are even fatter, slower, larger, and in the case of the Camaro for sure, the other two debatably, uglier.