R34 obsession

My roommate cant stop beating off to this car. If it's not the 34 it's the 32. I want him to stfu

Being the filthy normie I am I dont know many cars to begin with let alone something better than the skyline.

So Veeky Forums what cars are there out there that could beat an r34? (besides supercars and the like)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/77ugrJJxyx8?t=7m20s
youtu.be/x_vvXZ-7mgw?t=12m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=QFi9TAXZffo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Miata, Twingo, any Volvo

Dodge Hellcat and Twingo.

whats so special about Twingo? I've never heard of it but it looks like a sophisticated smart car

What would you constitute as better? If you mean faster, then yes, there are plenty of faster cars. If you mean more comfortable, Lexus was around and some Mercs and BMW’s in the time were more comfortable. If you mean better looking, then that’s just a subjective thing and you’ll never “win” at anything arguing with him about it. If you mean more gas efficient, then look at just about any sedan or hatch. I’m guessing you’re going to want to compare it to something that’s similar in terms of performance/style, maybe look at a Supra or Corvette of that era? They all have their strengths (for instance almost bulletproof engines in all three and tuneability straight out of the gate) but I think it might just boil down to preference. I’d say go for the Supra if you just want to argue with him, for some people Supra vs GT-R is like Apple vs PC or Iphone vs Android.

Twingo

R35 desu

he's all about jdm, by better i mean anything that could just outperform the skyline. any car I have ever glanced at he just scoffs and says "a r34 tuned up could tear that to shreds"

he knows supra's can cuck him but I wanted to mention something other than

If he pulls the tuned up card then hes going to win every time and theres not much you can do about it.

Just let the man enjoy his cars.

RX7 FD
WRX
Evo

theres 4 cars that pretty much blow the R34 out of the water.

if you need to argue keep mentioning thad mid engine cars are better and keep mentioning the Honda NSX.

If you live in a area with roads that are in shitty condition mention that rally cars have better suited suspension and AWD. celica gt4 evos and imprezas should be better if the road isnt completly flat.

So you want him to shut up?
Pull the Tesla memes and keep banging on about the alleged superiority of EVs. Essentially just turn your conversations into a Tesla shill thread.
Being the JDM fag your friend is he'll fall for the bait and then it's just a matter of stamina and circular logic on your part.

He'll shut up eventually.

Tell him the ae86 is faster than any other car

If you just wanna bug the living shit out of him, I say do nothing but praise american cars. Harp about the LS engine being the greatest engine of all time. That with a bore / stroke and supercharger a corvette would smoke it. Make sure everything you say is just a little wrong but don't budge . OH! and insist that certain grey imports of Japanese cars were actually American (chrysler conquest, etc). Just rustle his jdm jimmies.

i managed to get him to watch intial d, but it'll take more than that.
clever :^)

Corvette > GTR

How will Nissan ever recover??

Celica GT4, RX7 FD Turbo, 3000GT, MR2 Turbo, Supra Turbo, 300ZX Turbo, E30/E36 M3, Corvette Z06, Mustang GT, WRX STI, EVO, Eclipse GSX, NSX, Ariel Atom, and tons more. Literally any decent sports bike. Lots of rally bred cars could be thrown in there as well.

If you're allowing tuning there's a plethora of cars that could meet it or beat it. Just depends on how much money you dump into each car respectively.

The 3000gt literally cucked all other cars in its range at the time btw. It was faster stock than the R34 I believe.

If you can't beat him, annoy him...

DISCLAIMER: Do at your own risk. Veeky Forums is not responsible for any friends lost in the process.

maybe some BMW M model? Since they look very un-racecar like

Both theE46 M3 and the E39 M5 is about as fast as the R34.

If all else fails, remember you can always meme burgerring laprimes

and if he mentions modifications, you can always point out a stock R34 is almost 40 seconds slower than this (admittedly V12 powered) X5

>tuning is allowed

Messieurs, may I introduce you to ze van zat will hon le fuck out of any R34?

you can trigger him with the R33

he'll call it pigfat and say the old guy in Initial D didn't like it, but its the best skyline

I have an n/a r34 with a rb25 in it, there slow as shit factory too bloody heavy

KILL IT WITH FIRE

huh? I mean, i'd say thats the fastest SUV around the ring

Tell him a Toyota corolla with a decent driver will leave it for dead on the toe-gay

BURN IT DOWN

amazing top tier suspension and clutch lets it beat any car made before 2000 on track

R34 is overhyped weeb shit like the supra

R32 and 33 are godteir
>no one likes the 33 :(

how about just letting the man enjoy his cars and not being an insufferable contrarian faggot

Does the TVR speed 12 count as a super car, or a piece of absurdly dangerous machinery that's broken free from its mountings?

Quote the stock numbers of the R34 GT-R and list anything quicker. As soon as he starts about "muh sick mawds" ask him where his modded Skyline is.

Benchrace him into submission.

Can someone please explain this meme? Why do people call the r33 pigfat when it weighs almost exactly the same as an r34?

Both R33 and R34 are pigfat.

As OP describes him he should have thought about that before being a contrarian cunt himself.

We all know at least one guy who's constantly going on about how great either his own car or his dream car/manufacturer is and how it would BTFO anything.
They ruin my fun.
I ruin theirs.
Childish, but simple.

Stock? A fucking Evo 8 or 9. The R34 was dogshit for its time.

Any modern car will shit on the R34. The 996 Turbo, 997 Turbo, E92 M3, C6/C7 Corvette, R35 GT-R, Viper ACR, Camaro, or even the latest Civic Type R is faster when comparing stock to stock. Modded is a stupid comparison and any modern car has more potential than the R34.

The R34 is heavy, floppy chassis, shit weight distribution, old ECU, heavy engine, and shit aerodynamics compared to modern cars.

The RB26 isn't even a good engine compared to the 2JZ. It's unreliable and needs a ton of mods to not grenade itself under track conditions.

The R34 is literally the biggest meme in cars.

The 3000GT was slower than R33 VSpec.

The R34 GTR was right around 8 minutes on the burger king unless you don't defeat the 112 mph limiter.

Supra.

>The 3000GT was slower than R33 VSpec.

Not that it's relevant but according to multiple sources the R33 had a 0-60 figure of 5 seconds which is 0,2 seconds faster than the 3000GT. However a 3000GT VR4 runs a 13.3 second quarter mile compared to a figure between 13,7 and 14 seconds (multiple sources) for the R33 V-Spec.
Same story with the R34.

Saying one is faster than the other is a bit arbitrary isn't it?

That's a Quicker vs Faster debate.
0-60 is quick.
1/4 and top speed is fast.

Tell him an LS swapped Foxbody would drag any tuned R34 Skyline thru the mud for $800 into a junkyard engine & ebay turbo kit.

Best part it's pretty true.
>Junkyard LQ4 6.0 out of a Silverado $200
>CXRacing 76mm ball bearing turbo $500
>$100 in fuel delivery
>custom fab flipped headers turbo manifold & engine mounts that you make with a harbor frieght welder for free.
>????
>Run 8 second quarter mile passes that an R34 could only dream of after dumping over $50k into a RB26 then having it oil starve since they have oil pump issues that lead to alot of Skyline GTR's spinning bearings & rod knocking

A stock R35 could outperform your roommate's R32 assuming he hasn't done any crazy modifications to it.

Both are quite lightweight compared to cars in their performance and price bracket with similar drivetrains.

I remember when i was 16, first getting into cars.

I used to love R34s and Silvias.

Only as i grew older did i learn how scummy nissan was.

I'm talking about lap times. youtu.be/77ugrJJxyx8?t=7m20s

The R33 has a lot of cooling issues so it's slow on the actual battle but it still wins. In the time attack it's just clearly superior. Over a second faster at Tsukuba.

youtu.be/x_vvXZ-7mgw?t=12m27s

This was also shown in the debut review of the R33 GTR.

And the 3000GT is lacking in aftermarket compared to the R33. The R33 can be modernized to be faster than it was at launch without losing the GT aspect. Nismo continues to develop parts and they now offer a full restomod service involving removing all rust, reinforcing critical areas for improved chassis rigidity using dry CF, welding additional reinforcements, etc. if you're willing to pay tons of money. Nismo has also made adapter systems to allow you to run R35 brakes. Theoretically this means you can also use carbon ceramic brakes made for the R35 as well. The Getrag V160 from the Supra/R34 is also available for retrofit for the R32/R33. They've also developed a new turbo intake made of carbon fiber which gets rid of the turbo shuffle that occurs when you fit faster-spooling turbos like Garrett's new SiN ball bearing -7s which spool too fast and cause the compressors to stall.

I'm pretty sure you could mod the R33 carefully and make it even better than a Z-Tune if you really, really put in the money and picked mods carefully.

The Twingo is a meme. It's a great car. It's just not fast. The 1.2L engines only make like 65 HP.
Veeky Forums loves the Twingo because it's adorable. It's the complete anti-thesis to all modern cars that thing being angry and constipated is the way to go. And then the Twingo is just happy as it is.
Look at this thing. It's so fucking happy!

Someone post the Cobalt SS vs r34 GTR laptimes

That image is actually retarded. The R33 managed 8 minutes. The R32 managed 8:22. For the R34 to be slower than both is ridiculous. The lap time is based on a 112 mph limiter.

Explain in detail how Nissan is "scummy".

It's a bus cuck meme.

That sounds retarded to me.

The Nissan scum meme originated from a number of factors.These are the most prominent reasons though
>Nissans are extremely popular with niggers who refuse to maintain them for some reason
>Ever since the Renault takeover in 2002, Nissan quality has taken a dive off a cliff.
>Ever since 2007, Nissan has insisted on using CVT automatics in fucking everything. Due to this, like their quality, Nissan's reliability has also jumped off a cliff, making any Nissan among the most unreliable new cars you can buy.
Their cars used to be fun to drive, reliable, and well built. Not anymore.

All of this has literally nothing to do with the RB26 GT-Rs though.

the problem with those is different. It's Japan's Ford Mustang. It's iconic, but retards bragging has created myths that far outstrip what the car is actually capable of.

And it wasn't all that much quicker than American sports cars of the time either, if at all.
The reputations of those things is blown so far out of proportion that driving one for real is a gigantic disappointment.

The GT-Rs? They absolutely are not just Mustangs. The GTS-T yeah you have a point but the GT-R was an expensive car at the time. More like a Corvette than a Mustang.

I've ridden in an R32 GT-R and maybe your expectations are different from mine but I thought it was a great car. Very cool car.

>The GT-Rs? They absolutely are not just Mustangs. The GTS-T yeah you have a point but the GT-R was an expensive car at the time. More like a Corvette than a Mustang.
yes. They're Mustangs. The price of the GTR wasn't much different from a Corvette, or Mustang Cobra of the time.

No he isn't?

The RB26 is a shit platform despite all the memes. Maybe 450 without fucking around with the bottom end, max.

They're alright for track use, but fairly shit for everything else.

And even then, on track days, a stock R34'll be more expensive to purchase than tuned versions of several other cars. The traction control system will actively prevent you from sliding (as it was designed), but this also prevents you from fun stuff like Imprezas/Evos can do. Likewise, it's got a giant turning radius compared to other cars due to its size and weight (and weight distribution). In terms of handling, despite all its advanced bullshit for the time, it's worse than a lot of cars it had to compete with in its day.

Even with the shit reliability, I'd rather have an FD - Sure, it's a bit slower off the line and in terms of top speed, but more than makes up for it in the corners, where the R34'll be prone to understeer which can be pretty hard to correct except for pro drivers.

tl;dr it's good for tracks especially if they feature gigantic corners with lots of room to wiggle around like a fat man squeezing into an armchair. Everywhere else, other cars are just better.

I really like both the R32 and R34, but its abilities are really overrated by almost everyone.

>Celica GT4
No, just no. Not even in the same tier
>RX7 FD Turbo
If it's a tight course yes, and also the FD was only available with the twin-turbocharged 13B-REW so it's kinda pointless to point out the turbo
>3000GT
On paper it's worse than the R34 but I guess is the driver was a good bit better it could beat the R34
>MR2 Turbo
Again if it's a tight course, but this one is a little bit of a stretch
>Supra Turbo
Close but the R34 is a bit better
>300ZX Turbo
Less likely than the 3000GT
>E30/E36 M3
E30 no way and E36 unlikely since it's similar but not as performance oriented as the R34
>Corvette Z06 (C5?)
Don't want to admit it but yeah, probably
>Mustang GT (SN95?)
Absolutely no way
>WRX STI
R34 has a good bit more horsepower and torque and doesn't weigh too much more, also it's a matter of preference but I think ATTESA is better than the Impreza's full-time AWD
>EVO
Closer but R34 would still beat it in power and torque
>Eclipse GSX
Much like the Celica you don't seem to get it's not in the same tier, even less power and torque than the celica.
>NSX
Would do a bit better than the MR2 but not much
>Ariel Atom
I feel like this is cheating since it would probably beat every other car you listed but yeah it would smoke the R34

But the stock numbers are straight up wrong because of the "gentleman's agreement"

>The traction control system will actively prevent you from sliding (as it was designed), but this also prevents you from fun stuff like Imprezas/Evos can do.
"From the factory, the [ATTESA] is set up to provide slight oversteer in handling, and in fact the harder the car is cornered, the LESS the 4WD system engages the front wheels. This promotes the oversteer rather than understeer which is apparent in most AWD/4WD vehicles." -Wikipedia

This.

Rb's have weak ringlands.

>points out snowflake model
>it's totally just a jap gt mustang

kys

I never said Mustang GT
try again faglord.

It was 50,000 pounds when new. Nowhere near what a Mustang would cost.

>Eclipse GSX
>Much like the Celica you don't seem to get it's not in the same tier, even less power and torque than the celica.

He said his friend is counting tuned up R34s also, if this is the case a tuned DSM will fucking destroy a tuned r34 when given the same budget, do not sleep on the 4g at all.

hue

>It's Japan's Ford Mustang
everyone who says this is a clueless american

>And it wasn't all that much quicker than American sports cars of the time either
yep, very clueless

americas best sports car, the corvette, slower than a usdm 3000gt
which is slower than any gtr

>The R34 was dogshit for its time
Sure thing pal

>americas best sports car, the corvette

Those are base model Corvettes not C4 ZR1s or BK2 Callaways.

I'm surprised how fast that 3000GT is considering its pigfat cruiser tendencies.

These numbers are completely useless. An actual time attack comparing the two showed that the Evo 8 and WRX STI of the time were faster than the R34 GT-R.

youtube.com/watch?v=QFi9TAXZffo

Tfw the moment has come I can finally share the time I saw this B ehicle

>My roommate cant stop beating off to this car. If it's not the 34 it's the 32. I want him to stfu

tell him to watch Wangan Midnight.
Reina driving her R32 "is unable to keep up" and gets BTFO virtually every single fucking time

Pretty much any german sports car.

For example the E46 m3 made more power without turbos ( or superchargers) AND it can reach 500+hp with bolt-ons

why are r32 drivers always eternally btfo in anime

the times arent useless. they are a collection of best motoring time attack results, you post a bmi video yourself!
there are multiple times for the r34 of all different trims

>evo 8 and sti spec c
big competition for the gtr, which won the race anyway

It IS call the R34 for a reason user, don't resist and just give in.

Yeah but what if I just tune it more

Then it will break and you will realise you should have bought a JZ

I know they are but to compare across different reviews is really unfair considering weather and other conditions.

The time attack is what matters and the R34 lost. And that's just JDM. The 996 Turbo destroyed the R34 GT-R.

The best part about RB26 mods is counting all of the things that are basically adapted 2JZ parts. Supertec Spline Drive and HKS VCAM are two big ones.

On the Tsukuba course stock vs stock the R33 and R34 were losing to near all of those cars except stuff like the corvette which BMI never tested.

>Reina driving her R32 "is unable to keep up" and gets BTFO virtually every single fucking time

>500hp r32 vs 700hp 2000lb 240z

no shit she gets wrecked.