Merc w464 spy shots and it looks like the gwagen is getting ifs...

merc w464 spy shots and it looks like the gwagen is getting ifs. Obviously wider and rumor has it that it shaved off about 200 kilos by dropping the thick galvanized steel body panels for aluminum.
Why does mercedes do this? Arent they eating into gle, gls sales by doing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2VjsB42uWcM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why does mercedes do this? Arent they eating into gle, gls sales by doing this?
This thing is a legend. Jeepfags can't even dream of a 4x4 like the G wagon.
>IFS
>it better have portals REEEEEEEE

goodknight, sweet prince

first

Ouch. Appears you're actually third.

>Why does mercedes do this?

Because the G wagon is now a soccer mom car. But there is one problem: It's shit to drive because it was supposed to be a work horse war-wagon by design.

So they are going to make it have decent, safer, steering and not feel so cramped on the inside because soccer moms have bigger asses than ever.

> Arent they eating into gle, gls sales by doing this?
I think that's a slightly different customer, but with the shear number of models that they have there is always some market overlap. Mercedes tries to be everything to everyone. The G wagons are expensive, so I'm sure they hope they do get that extra profitability.

I have never seen a woman drivig a G

All I see around here. No one drives them seriously, just doctors wives, psychologists, etc. Mainly women.

Miami here. It's mostly broads.

[ F ]

youtube.com/watch?v=2VjsB42uWcM

>implying modern G model buyers give a fuck about the suspension
people that want the pure Offroader get an original G, everyone else gets the modern mafia box.

I dont know shit about 4x4's, inform me why IFS is a bad thing? Worse traction while offroading?

1) purists
2) simplicity/reliability
3) purists
4) traction
5) usually more wheel travel
6) purists

i always wondered why are is the g class so expensive?

because of the cost no object philosophy behind the vehicle

Military vehicle - military contractor prices. Add the cost of the interior and an amg engine and it's starts to seem pretty reasonably priced.

>sphyshot
>looks exactly like the old G-string with a bodykit

Whats the point?

Just get a Niva.

>aluminum body panels
JUST

>Whats the point?
>looks exactly like the old G-string with a bodykit

you already know what the point is. it's like a jeep.

I hope their W461 series pur and professional wagens will still be steel and with solid axels.

Also, reminder that W460 and W461's are the only true G-wagens.

>Just get a Niva.
memes are a dangerous drug

indeed

The vg150-250 is a much much sturdier transfer case than the part-time transfer cases the older mercs were equipped with.
Apart from that there are no major differences between a w461 and a w463 (late full time 461s are basically just 463s).
I fear that with the coming of the w464 the existence of the workhorse 463 series is under threat.

It's just been a luxury thing for a while. Sometimes a higher price is all that makes something a luxury item.

[ F ]